Characters featured in the 2015 Live-Action Adaptation of Cinderella.
The titular character, a beautiful, kind, optimistic young girl who, after her parents die, becomes a scullery maid under the thumb of her stepfamily. But then, a young man called Kit changes her life forever.
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: Her grief from both her parents' deaths and cruel treatment by her stepmother and stepsisters is much more clearly wearing on her than in the animation.
- Adaptational Name Change: Cinderellas name was originally Ella, while Cinderella was her nickname, as it was in the original fairytale.
- Cinderella Circumstances: Of course.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Her stepsisters think of her as this because of her ability to talk to mice.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- The High Queen: Becomes this instead of a Princess.
- Animal Motif: Butterfly appeared in her transformation and the paper butterfly given by her father.
Was once as happy as Ella was, until her first husband died. Now was determined to make Ellas life a living hell.
- Adaptational Heroism: 'Heroism' may be an exaggeration, but rather than just making her a pure villain, here she is given a backstory to justify her cruelty towards Ella, after the death of her first husband, Sir Francis Tremaine.
- Freudian Excuse: She became bitter after her first husband died.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: For once, she wants to exploit her connection to Ella to make herself the Queen Dowager. Although, when that plan fails, shell settle for a countess.
- Canon Foreigner: He isnt mentioned in the original film, but its speculated that in said film, Lady Tremaine married him for his money and killed him once he outlived his usefulness. In this film, however, his death is why Lady Tremaine is so cruel.
- Posthumous Character: Long dead by the time the film begins.
The Lizard Footmen, are lizards transformed into Footmen by the Fairy Godmother.
- Canon Foreigner: They did not appear in the original animated film, they appear in the live action as new characters and as an Expy to the character of Bruno who was Adapted Out in the live action.
- Expy: They are a replacement for Bruno who was Adapted Out.
- Lizard Folk: The lizards transformed into footmen by the fairy godmother retain a number of reptilian traits (such as long tongues).
- Morphic Resonance: The Lizards that the Fairy Godmother transforms into humans all retain some lizards-like attributes (green skin and pointy teeth), with their clothing also reflecting said animal's colors.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Ella's lizard friend is simply named, "Mr. Lizard."
- Overly Long Tongue: The lizard footmen have these, as shown when one uses said tongue to catch a fly while waiting for Cinderella.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Lizards Footmen are like that in the film.
- Nice Guy: Mr. Lizard is very nice to Ella.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Very Inverted, The Lizards are very kind and helpful with Ella, especially with Mr. Lizard.