A 2012 anime movie produced by Japanese spiritual movement, "Happy Science", The Mystical Laws is essentially what happens when anime and religious films collide.
In the year 202X, a Military Coup occurs in the Republic of East Asia, and the country is turned into the Godom Empire. Under the leadership of Emperor Tathagata Killer, the empire begins a conquest to Take Over the World and destroy all religion. Opposing the Godom Empire is Hermes' Wings, a secret society comprised of politicians and prominent figures from around the globe, as well as Shou Shishimaru, a doctor working for Hermes' Wings who finds out he's the reincarnation of the Buddha.
- Anti-Villain: Leika-Chan is only allied with Tathagata because he promised to allow her people to migrate to Earth once he conquered it.
- Bad Boss: Tathagata electrocutes one of the members of his board of directors after he gets into an argument with Leika Chan.
- Big Bad: Emperor Tathagata Killer, ruler of Godom Empire and the one instigating their global conquest.
- The Caligula: Tathagata was perfectly willing to use the Ultimate Destruction Weapon to destroy the world just to spite god.
- Captain Ersatz: China is never actually referred to by name in the movie and is instead only mentioned as the "Republic of East Asia." Didn't stop this movie from being Banned in China though.
- China Takes Over the World: The Godom Empire is a fascistic China that seeks to conquer the world.
- The Chosen One: Shou, after finding out he's the reincarnation of the Buddha.
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: The ending sees everyone in the world coming together in prayer to give Shou the power to defeat demon Tathagata.
- Conspicuous CG: This movie really likes mixing in CG with 2D animation. It's especially notable in the Final Battle of the movie, where both the spirits and the demons are animated in CG. And it looks really bad.
- Cool Mask: Tathagata wears a white, featureless mask over his face for no apparent reason other than it looks cool.
- Doomsday Device: The appropriately named "Ultimate Destruction Weapon", which creates a fireball 400,000 times as hot as the sun's core as throws it behind enemy lines.
- The Dragon: Leika Chan, Tathagata's right-hand woman and the one who provides with the advanced technology he needs to fulfill his conquest.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": The leader of Hermes' Wings is known only as "the General".
- Gratuitous Nazis: The Godom Empire's emblem is a tilted swastika on a red background, and the government is explicitly referred to as a "Nazi power" in several summaries, likely because Everythings Eviler With Nazis.
- HeelFace Turn: Leika Chan defects from Godom after meeting with Shou and realizing how insane Tathagata is.
- Hollywood Atheist: Emperor Tathagata Killer is this trope on steroids. His entire motivation for conquering the world, banning religion, and later destroying the world is pretty much just to spite God.
- Mentor Occupational Hazard: Shou's mentor and the leader of Hermes' Wings, the General, dies about 30 minutes into the movie when the Godom Empire raids the Hermes' Wings headquarters.
- Middle Eastern Coalition: At the UN meeting to discuss what to do about the Godom Empire, all of the Middle East is represented as one country.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: The members of Godom's board of directors all have American accents in the English dub, despite being Chinese.
- Omniscient Council of Vagueness: Godom's board of directors, whose purpose is essentially to provide exposition on Godom's takeover of the world and the progress of the Ultimate Destruction Weapon.
- Our Demons Are Different: Demons in this movie are depicted as Always Chaotic Evil spirits that spread turmoil by influencing humans to do bad things.
- Plot-Irrelevant Villain: The reptilian aliens who show up to try and invade Earth while Tathagata is destroying it. They appear in only two scenes and have absolutely no bearing on the main plot of the movie.
- Trailers Always Lie: The English trailer for this movie tries to downplay the spiritual aspect and instead makes it seem more action-oriented.
- Trailers Always Spoil: The English trailer also features Leika-Chan revealing her true form as an alien princess.
- You Are in Command Now: Shou becomes the leader of Hermes' Wings following the death of the General.