Paul Parlette Orndorff Jr. (born October 29, 1949) is a retired American professional wrestler, best known for his time with the World Wrestling Federation and World Championship Wrestling as "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff.
After a brief stint in American Football, he became a professional wrestler, initially wrestling in a number of small promotions in the American South. In 1983, he signed a contract with the WWF, where he received the moniker "Mr. Wonderful" from his manager, Roddy Piper. In his five years with the WWF, he notably took part in the first ever WrestleMania, and feuded with Hulk Hogan. An arm injury, however, led him to retire in 1988.
In 1990, he returned to wrestling, this time for WCW. His injury continued to dog him, however, and he eventually retired for good in 2000. He also wrestled for SMW, New Japan Pro-Wrestling and various National Wrestling Alliance territories.
As for his in-ring achievements, he was a 2x WCW World Tag Team Champion with Paul Roma as Pretty Wonderful, a 1x WCW World Television Champion, a 1x Southern (Memphis) Heavyweight Champion, a 4x Mid-South North American Heavyweight Champion, a 1x NWA (Mid-Atlantic) World Tag Team Champion with Jimmy Snuka, a 4x NWA National Heavyweight Champion, a 1x UWF (Herb Abrams) Southern States Champion and a 1x NWL Tag Team Champion with Brian Blair.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: Inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005.
- Badass Teacher: He worked as a trainer at the WCW Power Plant, and his students include Stacy Keibler and Jimmy Wang Yang
- Berserk Button: Completely flipped out when the fans would call him Paula.
- Demoted to Extra: As a WCW road agent and trainer from 1995-2000.
- The Fighting Narcissist: As a heel.
- Finishing Move: Piledriver.
- One Steve Limit: Averted with him and his tag team partner 'Pretty' Paul Roma in "Pretty Wonderful"
- Power Stable:
- Red Baron: 'Mr. Wonderful'.
- Reluctant Retiree: He had to do this several times due to his recurring injuries he sustained in WWE.
- Small Name, Big Ego: As a heel.
- Tag Team: Pretty Wonderful, with "Pretty" Paul Roma in WCW.
- Turned Against Their Masters: The essence of his feud with The Natural Born Thrillers in WCW in 2000, since he was one of their trainers.
- Ungrateful Bastard: To Hulk Hogan
- Many fans felt Hogan was a complete Jerk to Orndorff and that Paul was completely justified when he turned on Hulk.
- Unrelated Brothers: With Troy Orndorff, better known as Shane Douglas.
- Wrestling Family: His brother Terry had a small career in Mid-South.