Robert Keith Orton Jr. (born November 10, 1950) is an American Professional Wrestler best known for his run in WWE as the bodyguard to Roddy Piper under the name "Cowboy" Bob Orton. In addition to his runs in the WWE, he's also wrestled for the NWA, WCW, All Japan Pro Wrestling and runs in the independent circuit. He is the son of late wreslter Bob Orton, Sr., the brother of Barry Orton, and the father of current WWE superstar Randy Orton. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005 and has made a few appearances since then.
The Other Wiki has a more detailed story of his career.
Tropes applying to Bob Orton, Jr.
- Arch-Enemy: Jimmy Snuka, Hulk Hogan, Tito Santana and Roddy Piper (during Roddy's face run) and The Undertaker (during his feud with Randy Orton.
- The Dragon: Was one for Roddy Piper and later for "Adorable" Adrian Adonis after the former's face turn.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: In his WWE run in 2005, would try and assist his son Randy in victories and the two of them seem to have a loving relationship.
- Evil Pays Better: During the famous Flower Shop vs. Piper's Pit segment in 1986, Orton claimed that he was now on Adrian Adonis' side because Piper wouldn't share his payday with him (or give him effectively pennies) while Adonis was paying him richly.
- Nice Hat: Often seen with his cowboy hat.
- Parent-Child Team: With Randy Orton in 2005.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Literally, as he wore a pink cowboy hat during his stint as a bodyguard to Adrian Adonis.
- Red Baron: "Cowboy" Bob Orton, or "Ace" Orton, as Roddy Piper referred to as the latter.
- Ring Oldies: Even in his sixties, he still occasionally steps into the squared circle.
- Tag Team: After splitting up from Roddy Piper, teamed up with Don Muraco for a while
- Underwear of Power
- Weapon of Choice: His arm cast he wore on his left forearm after suffering a legitimate injury. After it healed, he still wore it under "doctor's orders" and would use it as a weapon after the referee's back was turned.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit:
- As detailed above, he still wore his cast to the ring after his injury healed and used it as a weapon.
- In 2005, while teaming up with Randy Orton during his feud with The Undertaker, he goes as far as acting like a concerned father to The Undertaker, begging him not to hurt his son, while Randy sneaks in to RKO him.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: He is, after all, "Cowboy" Bob Orton.
- Wrestling Family: His father Bob Orton, Sr., his brother, Barry Orton, and his son, Randy Orton.