Keith Franke (September 15, 1953-July 4, 1988) was an American Professional Wrestler as Adrian Adonis. He debuted in 1974 as Keith Franks and worked for various territories. It was Roddy Piper who turned him into Adrian Adonis while wrestling in Los Angeles. He died in a car crash in 1988.
As for his in-ring achievements, he was a 1x NWA PNW Tag Team Champion with Ron Starr, a 2x NWA (Los Angeles) Americas Tag Team Champion as Keith Franks (1x w/Black Gordman, 1x w/Roddy Piper), a 1x NWA (Los Angeles) Americas Heavyweight Champion, a 1x AWA World Tag Team Champion with Jesse Ventura, the inaugural SCW (Southwest) World Heavyweight Champion, a 1x SCW Southwest Heavyweight Champion and a 1x WWE World Tag Team Champion with Dick Murdoch,
"Golden Boy Tropes":
- Alliterative Name: Adrian Adonis
- Badass Biker/Hell-Bent for Leather/Brooklyn Rage: This was how he was originally portrayed.
- Camp Gay: His gimmick as "Adorable"
- The Corrupter: Helped accelerate Paul Orndorff's FaceHeel Turn against Hulk Hogan.
- Downer Ending: His death in a car accident at 34.
- Fat Bastard: Reportedly, the "Adorable" gimmick was punishment for getting out of shape.
- Finishing Move: Good Night, Irene (Sleeper)
- Gorgeous George: Specifically, a homage of "Exotic" Adrian Street.
- Power Stable:
- Real Men Wear Pink: And makeup.
- Red Baron: "Golden Boy, "Adorable"
- Tag Team:
- (in the AWA): The East-West Connection, with Jesse Ventura.
- (in WWE): The North-South Connection with Dick Murdoch.
- Talk Show with Fists: "The Flower Shop," until "Rowdy" Roddy Piper destroyed it.
- Traumatic Haircut: Gave Brutus Beefcake one, but he retaliated by shaving Adonis bald..