Matt: I think thats on his SAG card.
Michael Ironside (born Frederick Reginald Ironside, February 12, 1950) is a Canadian actor and voice actor, hailing from Toronto. He is many things, tropers, but here... he is God.
Ironside is best known for playing villains and anti-heroes due to his deep voice and his eyebrows setting off the Obviously Evil meter, a type he established in his breakthrough performance as the villainous telepath Darryl Revok in David Cronenberg's 1981 film Scanners; it was his character's Psychic Powers that resulted in the film's most famous moment. He also plays military officers in at least half of his roles.
Ironside is a self-admitted lover of Sci-fi, Dune in particular.
Tropes in his roles include:
- Fingore: A quite a number of his roles have his character lose or damage their limbs, usually an arm, hand, or fingers. Including his role in The Machinist, Ultra Magnus, and so forth.
- Meaningful Name: One of his most iconic roles is Darkseid, the god of Apokolips. His name is Michael, which means "Like Unto God."
- The Alphabet Killer: Captain Nathan Norcross
- Children of the Corn: Revelation: Priest
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars: General Jack Granger
- Extreme Prejudice: Major Paul Hackett
- The Flash (2014): Lewis Snart
- Free Willy: Dial
- Highlander II: The Quickening: General Katana
- Justified: Sarno
- Lake Placid 3: Sheriff Tony Willinger
- The Machinist: Miller
- Major Payne: Lt. Col. Stone
- Masters of Horror: Mr. Chaney in "The V Word"
- The Next Karate Kid: Colonel Dugan
- The Omega Code: Dominic
- The Perfect Storm: Bob Brown
- Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II: Bill Nordham
- Red Scorpion 2: Colonel West.
- Scanners: Darryl Revok
- Smallville: General Sam Lane
- Seaquest DSV: Captain Oliver Hudson
- Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone as Overdog
- Starship Troopers: Lieutenant Rasczak
- Terminator Salvation: General Ashtown
- Top Gun: Jester
- Total Recall (1990): Richter
- Turbo Kid: Zeus
- V (1983): Ham Tyler
- Visiting Hours: Colt Hawker.
- X-Men: First Class: A Navy Captain. His face is revealed almost as a homage to his many military roles.
- Young Blades: Cardinal Mazarin
- DCAU: Darkseid (often considered the definitive portrayal of the character)
- Heavy Metal 2000: Tyler (No relation.)
- Splinter Cell: Sam Fisher (all games except Blacklist, including a crossover in Ghost Recon Wildlands)
- Transformers Prime: Ultra Magnus
- Wolverine and the X-Men: Colonel Moss