Jeremy John Irons (born September 19, 1948) is an English film, television, stage and voice actor.
Well-known for his deep, gravelly voice, he's described by one critic as "whipped cream with glass shards" that "reeks of magnificent bastardry". He has won an Academy Award, a Tony and an Emmy, making him one of the few actors to win the "Triple Crown" of acting awards, as well as two Golden Globes.
- Assassin's Creed: Alan Rikkin
- Beautiful Creatures: Macon Ravenwood
- Betrayal: Jerry
- The Borgias: Rodrigo Borgia / Pope Alexander VI
- Brideshead Revisited: Charles Ryder
- The Colour of Magic: Lord Vetinari
- Comic Relief: Severus Snape
- DC Extended Universe: Alfred Pennyworth
- Dead Ringers: Elliot and Beverly Mantle
- Die Hard with a Vengeance: Simon Gruber
- Dungeons & Dragons: Profion
- Eragon: Brom
- The BBC's Henry IV, Part 1 and Henry IV, Part 2: Henry IV
- The House of the Spirits: Esteban Trueba
- Kafka: Franz Kafka
- Kingdom of Heaven: Tiberius
- The Lion King: Scar
- Lolita (1997): Humbert Humbert
- The Man in the Iron Mask: Aramis
- Margin Call: John Tuld
- The Mission: Father Gabriel
- Poseidon's Fury: Poseidon (before the attraction's overhaul in 2001)
- Reversal of Fortune: Claus von Bülow (the role that won him his Academy Award).
- Seasons of the Vine: Narrator
- Spaceship Earth: Narrator (1994-2007)
- The Timekeeper: H. G. Wells
- The Time Machine (2002 remake): The Uber-Morlock
- Watchmen (2019 series): Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias
- Affably Evil: Often plays this type of character.
- Badass Baritone: He has a very deep voice that's instantly recognizable.
- Deadpan Snarker: His characters are often this.
- Depraved Kids' Show Host: Or rather a kids show host that went on to play a number of depraved characters in films, including a paedophile in Lolita. But he started out as a presenter on the 1970s British children's TV show Play Away
- Evil Brit: Often cast as a villain in roles that rarely conceal his Britishness, if ever.
- Large Ham: Expecially as a villain.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: He's 6'2", has this dark aura about him, and is still quite handsome in his late sixties.