David Icke (last name pronounced the same as "Ike"note ) is a prolific British author who believes that international finance and governments are run by interdimensional lizards who subsist on human suffering. He started his career as a goalkeeper for Coventry, retired young due to injuries and arthritis, spent several years as a successful BBC sports presenter, briefly claimed to be Jesus, or something of that sort, and then returned to his senses and started writing on the conspiracy by Half Human Hybrids in our governments and banks to keep us all slaves of extradimensional lizards.
His published books include:
- Heal the World: A Do-It-Yourself Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
- Alice in Wonderland and the World Trade Center Disaster
- Tales from the Time Loop: The Most Comprehensive Expos of the Global Conspiracy Ever Written and All You Need to Know to Be Truly Free
Though David Icke is all but ignored by the mainstream, his theories have inspired many cult film and comic hits. The Invisibles retains much of Icke's cosmology and terminology, and The Matrix shows some clear influences from both (Icke published a book named Children of the Matrix after it came out to capitalize). Ultimate Marvel's version of the Skrulls, the Chitauri, are taken from Icke's theories. Though theories about Ancient Astronauts go back as far as 4000BC in the Rig Veda, Icke has revitalized the genre. References to his works are pervasive on conspiracy and UFO forums. MetaHistory.org raises it almost to the level of religion, weaving Ickian (Icky?) cosmology with ancient Christian Gnosticism. More recently, he has been on This Morning and London Live, landing both in deep shit with Ofcom since he spread misinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic that had resulted in arson attacks on communication infrastructure.
He also has made numerous DVDs and hundreds of hours of radio programming. His personal website can be found here, but be ye warned - here there be
- Alien Abduction: According to Icke, abduction experiences are, at their basis, spiritual phenomena rather than physical. The extradimensionals require a physical counterpart in order to manipulate physical matter directly; thus grey aliens serve as dolls through which the Annunanki Reptilians can act in the physical universe. Primarily the Reptilians find it easier to interact with humans on the psychological or spiritual level, and full abductions are much rarer than induced hallucination.
- Alien Geometries: UFOs don't travel through space or time as we know it.
- All Myths Are True: And they're all aliens.
- Ancient Astronauts: Who do you think built the Pyramids? Icke believes they also created human civilization and still secretly rule all of us.
- Ancient Conspiracy: Goes back to Sumeria, at least. David Icke has a gift for drawing from disparate sources of mythology and combining them into a single artful narrative.
- Artistic License Biology: He claims in in this video about Swine Flu vaccine that humans already have a really strong immune system, which is true on its own, but he says the vaccines stop it from developing if applied to children under the age of 2. Please don't look at the comments, they are full of ignorance.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Even if he's right. Especially if he's right.
- Conspiracy Kitchen Sink
- Conspiracy Theorist
- Crossover Cosmology: What do Annunaki, faerie, prieta, djinn, succubi, and gray aliens all have in common? They're the same creatures as interpreted through the lens of a person's culture and time period.
- Emotion Eater: The Reptilians (Annunaki, etc.) literally require human suffering to survive, and so engineer war and poverty to maintain their supply.
- Everyone Has Standards: Even Alex Jones thinks the reptile thing is crazy, saying Icke is probably a con artist capitalizing on existing conspiracy theories with this unique "twist".
- Genetic Memory: Bloodlines are very important to the ruling cabal as they are trying to keep their hybrid genetic structure intact. This is why royalty intermarries.
- The Greys: As noted, these aliens are worked into his theories.
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Human Sacrifice: On a truly massive scale; wars are rituals conducted to brainwash humans into dying for their Reptilian overlords.
- The Multiverse
- One World Order: The Reptilians are trying to establish a totalitarian planetary government by Hegelian dialectic. Problem-reaction-solution techniques manipulate humanity with fear and by preying on their darkest instincts, causing them to engineer the chains of their own servitude.
- Physical God: Averted. For all their astral power, the Reptilians require dolls like the alien Greys or hybrid human hosts in order to interact with the material plane. The theory is that they can only enter our dimension briefly, and during that time they appear as reptilians. They allegedly use the hybrid humans as more permanent links to the third dimension. The idea that they are able to interbreed with humanity comes from the theory that they manipulated our DNA to be compatible with theirs in ancient times.
- The Reptilians / Reptiles Are Abhorrent: ...Yeah, pretty obvious.
- Space Jews: It's... complicated. Icke's critics have accused the Reptilians of being a code for Jews, especially given how he accuses them of maneuvering into positions of power in much the way anti-semites have long done. Many of Icke's followers believe this and are thus allied with some very unsavoury groups, many of which have reviewed Icke's works favourably, which has also landed Icke and his beliefs in hot water with civil rights groupsnote . Icke himself has had to clarify that no, when he says "interdimensional lizards", he doesn't mean Jews, he means literal interdimensional lizards, and was reportedly genuinely baffled that anyone could think otherwise. Then again, Icke does believe that The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is a genuine document, but that when it refers to Jews, it really means space lizards, which doesn't help his case.
- Sufficiently Advanced Aliens
- Tomato in the Mirror: Icke believes that some reptilians do not know that they even are reptilians. Their reptilian sides act as a kind of schizophrenia to them.
- Vichy Earth: Icke believes this trope to be Truth in Television.