Steven Spielberg, Brad Bird, Hayao Miyazaki, Ralph Bakshi, Zack Snyder, James Gunn, Aaron Sorkin, Edgar Wright, Quentin Tarantino, Russell T. Davies, Lauren Faust, Monty Oum, Dwayne McDuffie, Vivienne Medrano, and many more.
Jordann William "JW" Edwards (born January 22, 1996) is a comic artist, illustrator, animator, writer, and entrepreneur. He's the creator of The Dynamite Twins and Friends and the co-creator of Bunny and Bear with his sister Jazmine. He is also the founder of MajesticBlue Studios, which houses those projects. And he's a furry; his fursona is Bleu Major.
His works tend to include satire, parody, and deconstruction; Black Comedy; mythology and fairy tales; Science Fantasy; the Furry Fandom; and tons of sex, all drenched in a brightly-colored, surreal hyperpop aesthetic, particularly in TDT and Friends. He also brings that same hyperpop visual aesthetic (in a much tamer, kid-friendly package) to Bunny and Bear.
He's a huge champion of diversity in comics and animation and a champion of pushing both as art forms. He basically sees himself as a bit of an activist, promoting works from non-white and LGBTQ artists, of which he is both.
Oh, and he's also an occasional musician and record producer under the alias Bleu Major (which, again, is his fursona), with an EP released. He's currently one-half of a hyperpop duo with his little brother (not technically, but he sees them as one) nanochii called bunnykit.
He frequently invokes:
- Ambiguously Brown: His almost light skin made even himself question his background. Although both of his parents identify as black, they also have a chunk of Western European (mainly Irish).
- Asperger Syndrome: Was diagnosed at three years old.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Hot-Blooded: He is very passionate about the things he creates.
- Jock Dad, Nerd Son: Whereas his father was an athlete (back in high school), Jordann was, and still is very much a nerd, complete with Nerd Glasses as of 2017.
- My Nayme Is: It's Jordan, but spelled with two Ns. You can thank his mother for that one.
- Odd Friendship: With Jacob Elmer. They remain close friends despite having radically different drawing styles, musical tastes, family upbringings, and political/religious views.
His works provide examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor World
- Animesque: His art is pretty reminiscent of certain anime tropes. He nonetheless doesn't consider it anime, but a blend of various styles.
- Author Appeal:
- His love of urban culture (specifically Hip-Hop) is reflected the most in TDT and Friends. In other series, it's usually certain characters; the biggest example is Blackmask, originated in Space Pirate Captain MacTaggart, whom he likes so much that he helped create a version of her that appeared in TDT.
- His works frequently invoke tons of Fanservice.
- Many of his female characters show off their midriffs often.
- Like Russell T. Davies, he places his favourite cities at the forefront (his home city, Cincinnati, as well as the San Francisco Bay Area, and even Toronto, Canada).
- He also names certain things after his family members and friends.
- Big Brother Mentor: In his TDT and Bn B stories. There's always a character or two who may act as a big brother. Possibly inspired by himself and his older brothers.
- Canon Welding: Overlaps with Continuity Nod. Upon building up the universe, he's added elements of other series. This is not restricted to a series of his own creation, but also includes those of others:
- In Bloody Cutlass, many elements from MacTaggart appear.
- Speaking of MacTaggart, references to TDT and Friends are increasingly apparent on both.
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex: Many, if not all, of his characters have "slutty moments". Yes, even the males.
- Hyperpop: His TDT and BnB stories have elements, visually and audibly, that are simplified and blown up to their extremes. Goes to show that he's spread the aesthetic to the visual arts.
- In Case You Forgot Who Wrote It: He places his name over the logos of the things he's created himself.
- Surreal Humor
- World of Funny Animals: He has a penchant for having a world where animals interact with one another.