The Dynamite Twins and Friends was a series of webcomics that centered around two twin foxes with supernatural abilities. (And their friends, of course.)
Created by Jordann William Edwards, this series (and its parent franchise) is a brand of the larger Color World Universe, a collection of brands created by Edwards. It also includes a spin-off, a kid-friendly sister series called Bunny and Bear. There used to be a separate series, Flight of the Birds Academy, until Edwards decided to discontinue the comic, transferring its characters to the main TDT series.
- Animesque: The style, even more so now, is reminiscent of anime, although the creator doesn't consider it such.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: For most characters, it's not apparent, but for others, it is. Namely, Shirley, Kennedy, and Josie.
- Appropriate Animal Attire: Depends on the character (and the situation of said character). More specifically:
- Art Evolution: Mainly in the character design. It also correlates to the change in software for Edwards.
- Author Appeal: Edwards has an affinity for urban culture from the 80s and 90s, which is why the designs are simple and bright colours are present.
- He also states that music played a huge role in the creation of the series, mainly hip hop and pop, as he's used it to go through tough times.
- Author Avatar: Some characters are reflections of Edwards' personality:
- None more so than the Twins themselves; Jacqui is the more short-tempered, cynical side, whereas Maxie is the more laid-back, easygoing side.
- Rodger is Edwards' freaky/perverted side.
- Character Blog: To an extent. While also being a host for its comics, the Tumblr blog also poses as an ask blog for its characters.
- Cunning Like a Fox: To an extent, the Twins themselves.
- Elemental Powers: Again, the Twins; Jacqui has fire powers, and Maxie has water powers.
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex: Primarily, the main characters. Although most, if not all, characters have had at least one sexual encounter.
- Fantastic Foxes: The Twins themselves, natch. They can even shapeshift!
- Interspecies Friendship: Pretty much all of the characters.
- Interspecies Romance: Has this in spades.
- Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!: The City of Critterton alone is a melting pot of all animals...including humans.
- No Communities Were Harmed: The City of Critterton, although it is situated to the east of East Oakland, a Real Life city.
- Shout-Out: Quite a bit.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: The Twins.
- Underground Comics: The series as a whole is reminiscent of this era. Word of God also considers it to be categorized under Alternative Comics.
- World of Funny Animals: Most, if not all, characters in this series are different animal species. The creator has stated that he wanted to add variety.