It it the story of two best friends (the titular characters) in the village of Forestville trying to make a difference. Other critters who appear in this series are: a nerd dog named Jasper; Bunny's "adoptive brother" Willie; Periwinlke Panda, a store owner; and Camilla de Goffi, an orange rabbit who loves money, and goes through great lengths to get it.
As a franchise, it is one of the four brands of the Color World Universe, and is the offshoot and sister brand of Edwards' more popular series, The Dynamite Twins and Friends - however, Bunny and Bear is much more kid-friendly than its counterpart.
- Adorably Precocious Child: The titular characters. They're determined, but they usually get teased for it, because they're so young...and so cute!
- Bleached Underpants: The creator is also known for The Dynamite Twins and Friends, a more adult series that places emphasis on...certain things (also see So My Kids Can Watch on the Trivia page).
- He wanted something so that both kids and their parents can enjoy.
- Although the Twins themselves will make cameo appearances (this comic is in the same storyworld), a few of their friends will not, for certain reasons.
- Also, unlike TDT, he does forbid Rule 34 work on most of the characters (because they're kids, of course!). As for Camilla...
- Bunnies for Cuteness: Obviously, Bunny herself. Camilla, however, not so much...
- Guest Strip: There was one instance, done by Edwards' friend and fellow artist, Sebastian Ortiz, as part of an Easter-themed art jam. Since appearing on Tapas, Word of God has hinted that there will be more of these.
- Parent Service: Deliberately done to avoid the Girl-Show Ghetto. Word of God wanted to make this for people of all ages. That said, here are some examples:
- When Camilla first appears, she makes her presence known. The way she dresses speaks for itself.
- Superman Stays Out of Gotham: Averted. Bunny and Bear (and the supporting cast) can appear in the TDT comics, whereas the Twins can appear in the BnB comics.