Dragons and Asters are dead in the land of Thyrn. Both died in an ancient war against each other. Or at least, that's what everyone would like to think anyways. You see, two apparently never got that memo: Flare, a jolly amnesiac fire dragon, and Shade, a jaded and stoic Aster mercenary with a secret. After a rather unfortunate first meeting, the two become shaky friends and set out on a quest to find out just what happened to their races and their world.
This comic provides examples of the following:
- Animesque: The art is a mix of this and a more traditional fantasy style, but the character archetypes and story are all manga.
- Art Evolution: The art becomes a lot bright and professional come Chapter 3.
- Amnesiac Hero: Flare. Lampshaded by the author basically describing her with the line: "Hi, I have amnesia!"
- Big Eater: Bother Flare and Shade are this to varying degrees.
- Blow You Away: Those massive wings Flare has aren't just for show. They're her preferred weapons in being able to whip small smoke screens and windstorms to provide cover.
- Butt-Monkey: Poor Shade can never catch a break, can he?
- Elemental Powers: Both the Dragons and the Asters had their own unique sets of Elemental Powers. The Dragons had more traditional powers whereas the Asters have more esoteric powers.
- Large Ham: Most everyone here in true fantasy manga fashion, especially Flare. Shade's more of a Cold Ham though.
- Manchild: Flare. Possibly justified due to her rather recent case of amnesia.
- Nice Girl: Larger than life Gadfly tendencies aside, Flare is a genuinely sweet person to be around and is always willing to lend a hand (claw?) when needed.
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Chicken Nugget" for Shade.
- Little Bit Beastly: Flare has horns, wings, and a tail. Which unfortunately gets her labeled as a "Demon" thanks to that and her fire powers...
- Winged Humanoid: Both of our protagonists. Also seemingly a species trait for the Asters as well.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Shade likes Apple Pie, Flare likes dates, beef cooked in cinnamon with dates, and milk with cinnamon and lemon. Both seem partial to meat buns, though.