- Distaff Counterpart: Leon with Rukia, and Serious with Shalon. If you are aware of the Engrish system in Japan, the given names of each pair even shared the same alliteration.
- The Face: The four of them are the central group for the main story missions and are seen talking with each other the most. In usual format, the four of them would be the ones doing most of the info gathering from civilians to understand various incidents, then Serious and Shalon leads the class in formulating tactics, while Leon and Rukia brings the class out to execute their missions.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Leon and Rukia are the reds to Serious and Shalon's blue.
The son of a Great Sage, Leon is a boy of prestige birth. But due to his father's unknown disappearance, and Leon's lower-than-average performance in magic studies gave his family and himself lots of stress and bad looks from the public. Not willing to give up, Leon continues to strive his magic studies as hard as he could, and vows to surpass his dad, and earn his family a greater living to prove the public wrong.
When socializing with others, he's shown to be friendly, and compassionate in aiding others; but is prone to spur into action without much thought and analysis.
- Black Mage: His inclination in combat using magic are offense-oriented.
- Blue Blood: It's not clear as to whether his mother was also a Sage or not, but his dad alone was implied to be of extraordinary high stats in the Sage community. Adding to implications of him and his family receiving lots of media gossip also implies that Leon's family is of reputable grounds.
- Close-Range Combatant: His current inclination in combat weapons aside from his magic skills are swords and axes.
- The Dutiful Son: His grades may not be on par with most of his classmates, but he has the right mindset in working hard to bring his family's name back.
- Fiery Redhead: Passionate, outgoing, sometimes throw tantrums with his fellow hot-pink-haired girl (especially if they're both Late for School), and the reddest of heads; yup, he's got it.
- Hotblooded: To the core. He even can summon a flaming Battle Aura to back him up.
- Idiot Hero: Though he doesnt want to be like this for his entire life, he admits for being the Class Clown of the boys in his class in all of his self-introduction speeches.
- Late for School: Confirmed to be part of his academic stress, typically trying to prep for class tests the night before. This is one of his visible flaws. At least he's not as bad as Rukia.
- The Leader: Of the headstrong type. His grades may not make him the most reliable person to give off accurate magic spells, But his outspokenness, fearlessness in enemy encounters, and willingness to chill-down and listen to Serious and Shalon (if he didn't dash out to the frontlines before they speak) is what makes him an attractive team gatherer.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Due to his compassionate nature, he's very prone to be one. Even though this is a good trait to have when in grave danger, but the percentage of a successful mission is quite slim especially when you're just a Sage-in-training, not to mention one who's not that good in magic in comparison to your other classmates. So Serious is the dude who always finds himself sticking to Leon's side leashing him.
- Shock and Awe: His best spell is named, "Thunder Leopard."
The top scoring boy of Class Amelia. Serious is a calm, and beautiful looking young man who takes pride in his intellect. He is analytical, cunning, yet is genuinely gracious with his fellow classmates. Tends to naturally stick alongside Leon due to their contrasting personalities, and is usually found in the position in aiding Leon with his grades.
- The Lancer: To Leon.
- Mystical White Hair: His hair color, and more in tune with his personality.
- Otaku: His profile introduction describes him as a person "who would research anything and everything that's related to his point of interest, and will not rest until his gets the full scope of that interest."
- The Spock: Not as ruthless nor stoic as the archetype, but close. Compared to Shalon and the other smarts of their class, Serious is the most analytical. It sometimes gets to the point where he would stand put on site and stare out during his thought process busy thinking that he forgot to move along with the group. Campus grounds also rumored him to be some kind of android because of this flaw, much to his dismay.
An energetic common girl who was inspired to be a Sage after she was rescued by a certain Great Sage when she was little. But little did she knew that training to be a Sage involves work beyond her imagination.
- The Ditz: Due to preferring PE over magical academics and anything involving decent brainwork, she's the most inept of her entire class.
- Genki Girl: Being an optimistic, simple-minded girl with whole lots of stamina, and bust, are practically her only best traits.
- Late for School: Rukia, oh Rukia! She's apparently surpassed Leon for her homeroom's late-to-class count, and has even failed to show up for QMA7, making her the only person of the default circle to not have perfect attendance.
The top scoring girl of Class Amelia. Shalon is a common girl from a wealthy family who was brought up with an elite education. But somehow she felt unrecognized from her family, especially her stoic father. Therefore she enrolled herself into the Magic Academy in hopes her accomplishment as a Sage would have her family's attention.
- A-Cup Angst: Grade-skipping young classmates aside, Shalon is by far the most *ah-hem* un-busty of the adolescent ladies. Officially.◊ And she's not happy about it, especially whenever she's involved with Rukia.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Will use it anytime she gets the upper hand of things.
- Ojou: To a tee. Complete with the laugh.
- Tsundere: Her profile description writes her as "a bit stubborn, and not good in professing her true intentions."
- The Cameo: Aloe shows up as a character in pop'n music, also by Konami.
- Potty Failure: Aloe has problems with bed-wetting.