Chiaki Takahashi (AKA 'Chiaking') is one of the more popular voice actresses today, born in 1977. Currently freelance, she once sang with Yui Horie and Akemi Kanda as part of the group Aice⁵. Her roles are in general had Fanservice, or if not, at least of the Cool Big Sis type. Although as of late, her roles have been taking darker turns in a way that they may end up as a Heel, though mostly sympathetic ones.
She is Ms. Fanservice herself; at 31, she had the daring to pose for a gravure magazine, and people are hoping that other female seiyu will do the same. So far, Rie Tanaka (in a bunny suit) and Aya Hirano had done the same, but there might be more, if I am not mistaken.
And if it wasn't enough, she posed nude on a magazine, and it will be her last to concentrate in being a voice actress.. Only Ryoka Yuzuki and Yurika Ochiai [also an Idolmaster voice actress like Chiaki] had been known to pose nude in their careers. For a tamer version, if she appears in cons, you can be assured that there is an Absolute Cleavage in her suit. At this point, many would agree that she would be considered as the sexiest voice actress.
To top all that... she recently released an album which involves her, aside of singing a song with lyrics which would be about doing xxx with her, dancing really exotically. That aside, Chiaking herself is a pretty decent woman when not doing all that stage business.
Oh, and she's also heading up 'Forever 23' movement, similar to Kikuko Inoue (17) and Yuko Goto (29), along with her best bud Asami Imai. She is not related to either Hiroki Takahashi, Mikako Takahashi or Rie Takahashi.
- Ai Momoi in Futakoi
- Ai Tanabe in Full Metal Panic!
- Angelica Pickles in the Japanese dub of Rugrats (TV series only and replacing Sumiko Suzuki in that role)
- Asmodeus in Seven Mortal Sins
- Aura Maria Fuentes (Stefania Gomez) in the Japanese dub of Yo soy Betty, la fea and it's spin-off Eco Moda.
- Azusa Miura in The Idol Master
- Miura-san in the Puchimasu! subseries.
- Beauty Ishigaya in Wrestle Angels (darrin-ing Michiko Neya)
- Belle in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
- Carol Dorry in the Japanese dub of Armored Core V
- Catherine and Stheno in Granblue Fantasy
- Dark Elf in Bikini Warriors
- Enki in Momo Kyun Sword
- Haineko from Bleach.
- Hilda Rize in Vanguard Princess
- Himiko in Ikkitousen
- Holly Whyte in Bravely Default
- Ichijiku Kadenokouji in Hypnosis Mic
- Ishtar in I/O
- Jackal Toujou in Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!
- Kanako Sanjou in Terra Formars
- Katherine MacDonald in Kaze no Stigma
- Kichou/Nouhime in Ninja Girl & Samurai Master
- Kinako Mochizuki in Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
- Kondo Isami in Sengoku Collection
- Kondo Isao (gender-flipped) in Gintama during the Dekoboko arc.
Boobie LadyLitchi Faye-Ling in BlazBlue
- Ada Clover/Nirvana in the same game for about one line in a bit of flashback in Carl's story in Calamity Trigger. note
- Magiquone/Arfoire in Neptunia
- Maya in Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey
- Mia and Yua Kusunoki in Chaos;Head
- Mitsuki Hayase in Rumbling Hearts/Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Muv-Luv Alternative
- Mitsuko Torii in Demon King Daimao
- Nanami Kanroji in School Days
- Neeton and Omocchama in Yatterman (both the 2008 series and Takashi Miike's Live-Action Adaptation)
- Sir Oda in Yatterman Night
- A variety of roles in Pokémon Best Wishes, including obvious ones like Officer Jenny to unusual ones like Litwick and Burgh's Leavanny - and utterly bizarre ones, such as Trubbish and Ash's Palpitoad.
- It's said that the design of Litchi was the inspiration for Professor Juniper. She's also given a "Special Thanks" mention in the credits for Black and White. The plot thickens...
- Omiko Hakodate in Kill la Kill
- Pony Goodlight in Lost Song
- Reika Aoshima in Cosplay Complex
- Rina Tachibana in Rio -Rainbow Gate!-
- Roselle Vergerius in the Japanese version of Rusty Hearts
- Sophie in the Drama CD of Gosick (darrin'd by... Michiko Neya)
- Swan in Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry
- Takako Itsukushima in Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru (That, and her interpretation of Tsunderella)
- (Gender-flipped) Terry Bogard in SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
- Tsumugi Toudou in Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
- Vallderossa in Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon
- Verica in Dragalia Lost
- Xelha in Baten Kaitos (This would be one of her earlier roles before she got landed in her pigeonhole of Ms. Fanservice, Xelha isn't one.)
- Absolute Cleavage: The most modest she wears usually sport this.
- Anti-Villain: With the exception of Magiquone/Arfoire, most of her antagonistic roles do come off sympathetic. She has at times branches out for more blatant bad guys like Omiko or Holly
- April Fools' Day: Had her fun in 2013, announcing that she's going to marry another woman outside anime industry. Even Hitomi Nabatame hasn't gone that far despite being referred as the lesbian seiyuu. Of course, since this is April 1st...
- Contractual Purity: One of the few seiyuus that can defy this. She hit it big with Azusa Miura who has this trope all over the place because of being an idol. However, Chiaking herself has been known as a Gravure Idol, and the element of that is so just integrated onto her persona even if she expands to more voice acting (posing nearly nude, in risque poses and taking portraits of it), so even if she's mostly pigeonholed as bombshell ladies, she can still get her roles, play them well, and nobody complains.
- Does Not Like Spam: She can't stand eggs, she'll eat anything but that. If she does eat one, she'll vomit.
- Expy: Idolmaster Cinderella Girls features an idol called Reiko Takahashi, who's definitely based on Chiaking. They look alike, they have the same stats, surname, hometown, birthdate, they also act similarly (a very daring tease).
- Fan Nickname: Chiaking, of course.
- Fanservice Model: As a former gravure idol, she embraces this trope while keeping her other jobs.
- Good Bad Girl: When you compare with her role as Azusa, you really would be surprised that Chiaking is a lot more daring in costume choices. That being said, Chiaking is still a kind, decent woman when not doing gravure things, though she sometimes teases the camera with her cleavage
- This scribble pretty much defines the common reaction of learning of this trope fitting Chiaking. Unaware fans would think she's this purely innocent girl much like Azusa who is pretty reluctant when told to wear a very daring costume... only to be shocked that Chiaking herself would proudly wear those daring costumes (or costumes even more daring) pronto and even bravely add up with teasing and seductive poses.
- Older Than They Look: Can't you believe she's currently 41 years old?
- Ms. Fanservice: Quite possibly the Ms. Fanservice of seiyuu world.
- Playing Against Type: While she's mostly playing usually good girls, or sympathetic villains, Magiquone/Arfoire is devoid of them. Then again, she's the frickin' embodiment of Digital Piracy Is Evil, were you expecting support?
- Relationship Voice Actor: Quite a bit with her Idolmaster colleagues, but Asami Imai stands out the most.
- Star-Making Role: By default, it would be Azusa. However, considering that it never left Japan, she remained mostly unknown by the Western audience, until she got the role of Litchi.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: Really, she goes from your resident Cool Big Sis, to an utter flirt, to a Tsundere, to (Occasionally Hammy) Villainesses... to robots. Quite a way to go for a H-Game seiyuu, huh?