open/close all folders
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The Little Guy to Yellow's Big Guy.
- Butt-Monkey: Particularly when he realizes he's about to be eaten.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He has a lot of moments implying he loves to get down and work it, but hes not that bad of a guy at the end of the day.
- Deadpan Snarker: The snarkiest out of all the candies, especially towards his friend Yellow.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Yellow, the two are usually hanging out together in commercials.
- It's All About Me: Comes up when he gets competitive or shows off how great he is.Red: Vote on one issue this election. Me!
- Jerkass: To anybody who tries to eat him or anybody that hurts his ego.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Towards Yellow sometimes. Yeah, he's not that bad. He's a cynic, but he cares for the gang and warms up to Caramel after he proves his worth.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Fittingly, he's Red Oni to Yellow's Blue Oni, even though theyre both warm colors.
- Shorter Means Smarter: He's often paired with the taller and dimmer Yellow.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Being the main character of the M&M crew definitely goes to his shell(Even though this might be because he acts like a young, slightly better, version of Miss Brown, who isnt bad either, because their relationship implies he resembles her the most).
- Those Two Guys: With Yellow. They appear together more than the other characters.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The Big Guy to Red's Little Guy.
- Butt-Monkey: Due to his cluelessness, he ends up getting in some pretty bad situations.
- The Ditz: Has become dumber as the years went by.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Yellow's method of attack in M&M's: The Lost Formulas/Shell Shocked, which are clones of Crash Bandicoot.
- Flanderization: His lack of intelligence, which has gotten worse over the years.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Red, the two are usually hanging out together in commercials.
- Nice Guy: Compared to all the others, he's definitely the kindest (and the most gullible).
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: He's Blue Oni to Red's... well, Red Oni, even though theyre both very Red Oni-ish.
- Those Two Guys: With Red. They appear together more than the others.
- Voiced by: Cree Summer
- Berserk Button: Whatever it was they say about the green ones that made her flip out. Also, she hates it when people stare at her."That is an ugly rumor! It's a lie! How did that thing get started?!"
- Even the Girls Want Her: Men and women alike hit on her.
- Ms. Fanservice: Especially in the M&M's Premiums adverts, where she poses for the cameras.
- Nice Shoes: Wears a classy pair of go-go boots.
- The Smurfette Principle: She was originally the only female M&M before the "Become an M&M" ads show other female M&Ms. Now this trope is discarded thanks to Ms. Brown.
- The Unreveal: We never learn exactly what they say about the green ones.
- Voiced by: Robb Pruitt
- Casanova Wannabe: Despite being the most suave out of all the M&Ms, he hasn't managed to get anybody yet.
- The Comically Serious: This ad says it all
- Cool Shades: At times, he wears classic black sunglasses.
- Jerkass: Not as much as Red, but sometimes he can be one.
- Small Name, Big Ego: What Blue became personality-wise after Flanderization. While he does have a relatively big name, his ego would have you believe he was the only important spokescandy.
- Straight Man: He is this to Red and Yellow's antics in one ad
- Voiced by: Eric Kirchberger
- Butt-Monkey: Poor Orange, he gets stalked the most out of all the other M&Ms and he now has a living pretzel periodically grafted inside him. In the rhyming add, he is told that nothing rhymes with orange, preventing him from getting his own rhyme like the others.
- Nice Shoes: Orange has a particular good pair of shoes since they're modeled after Converse sneakers.
- Properly Paranoid: Given how he's been stalked by would-be eaters, Orange's paranoia is justified.
- Retcon: Orange was previously named Crispy in advertisements, in fitting of him originally being a Crispy M&M before becoming a Pretzel M&M in recent years. Thus, Red took on the role of being the mascot for Crispy M&M's.
- The Sleepless: As stated on the official site.
- Voiced by: Vanessa Williams
- Berserk Button: When anyone (specifically guys) either say shes naked or say anything about her related to the big-bang instead of how absolutely smart she is. And its probably a lie about her bio, which says she hates Red (obviously not true).
- Deadpan Snarker: She's more classy than Red and Blue, but she can still snark when she gets annoyed.
- Does Not Like Men: Except William Levy.
- Foil: To Green, being far less energetic and much more serious. Also, while Green mostly enjoys the attention she receives for her beauty, Brown is highly annoyed by it.
- Jerkass: To anybody that tries to hit on her, especially Red.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She may be a total straw feminist at times and she sometimes goes harsher with Red than Red himself does with Yellow, but shes not bad, and if her QNA is anything to go by, she thinks of the other M&Ms as her children.
- Meganekko: Sports a nice, large pair of corporate-style glasses
- Nude-Colored Clothes: She's a brown M&M with brown chocolate inside her.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: She wears glasses and is typically portrayed as feeling she's Surrounded by Idiots.
- Straw Feminist: She is shown berating people (particularly men) for assuming things about her because of her appearance rather than her intellect.
- Death Seeker: In a bizarre way, given that they're actively seeking to be eaten.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: If the ending of M&M's: The Lost Formulas is of any indication.
- Karma Houdini: They never get any karma for the chaos they cause. Well, they do get eaten, but that's what they want anyway.
- Put on a Bus: Noticeably absent in recent years, with the normal Spokescandies being used to promote Minis in their place.
- The Unintelligible: They fly around and say a bunch of nonsensical gibberish.
- Voiced by: Maurice Lamarche
- American Accents: Speaks with a Bronx accent.
- And I Must Scream: His situation when he's sealed inside Orange.
- Deadpan Snarker: He has his snarky quotes.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Besides the snark, he cares about Orange.
The Lost M&M's Tribe
- Cannibal Tribe
- I'm a Humanitarian: Chocolate candies that eat other chocolate candies.
- Karma Houdini: Similar to the Mini's, they receive no comeuppance for trying to make a meal out of the other chocolate candies.
- Pokémon Speak: They communicate in a language made of variations on "M&M".
- Voiced by: David Cross