Hi! Sayuri Yamada
First of all, I just want to say that I'm a crazy fangirl
who changes personalities as many times she blinks
Getting serious: I'm a seventeen years old Mexican college student, anime and manga fan, writer-wannabe, and the strangest
girl you'll ever meet.
Works that Sayuri likes (but don't want people around her to know):
Tropes present in Sayuri's life (or that she thinks are present in her life):
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: who has been mistaken for my sister twice.
- Action Girl: Guess who's the only girl who has never said "no" to a game against boys?
- Afraid of Needles: stemming from a painful shot more than a year ago.
- Aloof Big Sister.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Am I an Ill Girl with a bit of Ditzy Genius, or am I a lonely and delusional girl, or am I completely out of my mind?.
- Ambiguous Disorder: My mother actually told my sister to stop trying to hug me because I was autistic (which I'm most certainly not).
- Annoying Younger Sibling: two of them, actually.
- Anti-Hero: I have some shades of this along with my dad.
- Book Worm: I learnt to read at age four (before even going to school), and since then I have been an obsessed reader.
- Brainy Brunette
- Broken Ace: Trying so hard to accomplish other people's expectatives and discovering I'm not a sweet kid anymore.
- Broken Bird
- Brown Eyes
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Just ask my mother.
- Crapsaccharine World: My state is this trope incarnated... while there are soldiers around the city and many dead bodies have been discovered, the governor still says that nothing happens here.
- Creepy Child: When I was little I read books about monsters and had a vast knowledge about astronomy, Greek-Roman mythology and other things six-year-olds shouldn't know...
- Curtains Match the Window
- Dan Dere: When I arrive to a new school, it takes a lot of effort to make me talk.
- Day Dream Believer: Sometimes, mostly when I'm being a Cloud Cuckoo Lander.
- Darker and Edgier: I can transform anyone's ideas into this.
- Dead Pan Snarker: In my house and with my friends, sometimes including coughs.
- Different as Night and Day: My younger sister and I. She's one of the most talkative persons I've ever met and she's quite energetic, while I'm a girl of few words and the laziest person I'll ever meet.
- Dissonant Laughter: When arguing with my parents I tend to do this or give them a frightening smile.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Sometimes I have these strange dreams... about random events happening at school, such as the different parts of the brain and the teacher opening the door.
- Earn Your Happy Ending
- Emotionless Girl: Sometimes.
- Eyes Always Shut: We joke with this regarding my sister.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: The exact reason I can't cook and my sister does.
- Finger Less Gloves: My mother once made me a pair by cutting the fingers of some normal gloves, just to keep my hands warm while I practiced with my violin.
- Forgets to Eat: When I'm on the computer.
- Genre Savvy: resulting from reading too many stories (and wanting to live an adventure myself).
- Graying Morality: And I'm having a pretty fun time while this happens.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: So much that I have them hidden in my closet to prevent my mother from giving them away.
- Gratuitous English: Since I live in Mexico... it happens all the time when I say one of my catchphrases.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Specially when I'm having a major Fangirl moment or when I'm talking to myself.
- Hard Work Hardly Works: If I study for a exam, I'll end up nervously checking the notebook before it.
- Headphones Equal Isolation: And drives my family mad.
- Ignorant of Their Own Ignorance: Some people I know.
- Ill Girl: Rheumatic Fever, long coughs, numb limbs, headaches, poor breathing...
- Imaginary Friend: I used to have a legion when I was little... all faceless and transparent...and without a name.
- Improbable Age: Being an elementary school English teacher at age fifteen? Yeah, like that could happen...
- Ineffectual Loner: No matter how much I don't try, I always end up having at least a bunch of good friends.
- Inner Monologue: All the time. I'm doing it right now.
- Ironic Name: My mom is a very bad namer. My names mean "alone" and ''Holy Mary''... Guess my mom was trying to go with Prophetic Names... at least with the second one. I'm calling Did Not Do The Research on the first one.
- I Thought Everyone Could Do That: Some things I do, one of them got me the nickname of the "Contortionist".
- Just One More Level: my little brother's answer when he's playing a videogame.
- Lack of Empathy: another reason for which my mother scolds me instead of taking me to a psychologist.
- Learnt English from Watching Television: That's how I improved my English level. I've been waiting to obtain the TOEFL level since I was 14.
- Madness Mantra: "I did it... I really did it!"
- Major Injury Underreaction: Opening your eyebrow with a tube is not a big deal, even if it would have cost your eye...
- Meaningful Name: My first name means "alone", which has carried some family problems along.
- Meganekko: I used to be one.
- Mind Screw: What I enjoy doing to the people I know.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: Not me, but some classmates would scream and get alarmed if I scratch my whole leg.
- Mistaken Nationality: I was once asked if I was American by a woman. But I'm not, I'm Mexican.
- Morality Pet: My friend Sam apologizes everytime she swears in front of me.
- And the reason I'm not insane right now is because of my little brother and Johan. And now that she lives in another country...
- TrueCompanions: Can't live without Johan.
- Never Work with Children or Animals: Because children ask you stupid and personal questions and cats will scratch your legs.
- No Social Skills: Related to the Meaningful Name and Lack of Empathy problems above.
- Nothing Exciting Ever Happens Here: My city used to be like that. Now I have a helicopter above my head pretty much every day and see the army on the streets after school.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: To contrast my awesome intelligence moments... and becuse I'm plain crazy.
- One Head Taller: Than Johan and my sister.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: If you don't know my real name, probably you know me by Sayuri.
- Only Sane Man: sometimes I feel like this, even though I'm not much better.
- OOC Is Serious Business: I“m a victim of this when I'm sad or mad.
- Overprotective Dad: The reason I'm not dating anyone (yet) or driving, despite being 17. Though he has already admitted that I am old enough to be asked out. The driving part will come once I'm 18.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: It's a little unusual where I live, since no one is as pale.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue Oni compared to most people I know.
- Sarcasm Mode: Specially when I'm near my sister, since she doesn't quite get it.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: My mother, when talking to my dad.
- Scars Are Forever: The one in my eybrow and the one in my abdomen.
- Scholarship Student: I want to become one in any school.
- Shrinking Violet: I have gone through some phases of this.
- Smurfette Principle: When the teacher says "teamwork", I always end up with the same three guys.
- Split Personality: Obviously. That's the reason that there are contradicting tropes here.
- Squee: When I'm having a major FanGirl moment, along with GratuitousJapanese.
- Genius Sweet Tooth: Lollipops, chocolates, marzipans, cakes, milkshakes... and since I spend more time thinking than talking to other people...
- Take a Third Option: To whatever my parents make me choice.
- Tall, Dark and Bishoujo: I'm one in my house.
- Theme Naming: My brother is named Jesus, and my middle name is Santamarķa (Holy Mary). I don't know what was my mom thinking when she named me that.
- The Ophelia
- The Quiet One
- There Are No Girls on the Internet: Totally averted.
- There Are No Therapists: Apparently for my mother.
- The Woobie: Because no one cares about me being painfully sick and suffering from relationship issues.
- Third-Person Person: Sometimes when I'm on the Internet. I'd do it in RealLife, but my mother would scold me and say that I'm crazy... not that I would deny it, but then she would scold me again.
- True Art Is Angsty: For my friend Johan and me. Everyone else thinks it's creepy.
- Tsun Dere: I used to be a Type B, but sometimes I lean closer to a Type A.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: When I was not a Creepy Child.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: I am. Being asked for advice frequently made me realize that. Doesn't help that another of my name's meanings is ''advisor''.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: What my mother wants me to be.
- You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me: My most famous catchphrase.
- Younger than They Look: When I was 14, I was confused for a 16 years old girl. When I was 15, I was confused for an 18 years old. Now that I'm 17, almost 18, I give the impression to be 21 or older... I was once called "ma'am".