is an online comic created by Brandon Pierce, and is featured on the "comics" section of the Feed Tacoma
news Web site. The strip is about a young witch named Notle (pronounced "not-lay"
) and her two talking pets, Kaeley the cat and Spike the beagle. Oftentimes, Kaeley and Spike get into Notle's magic potions or spells, causing mischief and requiring Notle to fix everything. When not at home, Notle works as a consultant at a comapny called "Labnormal Industries", a place where a lot of "scientific" experiements are performed.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The characters know pretty well, they are characters in a comic strip.
- Cats Are Mean: Kaeley
- Cute Witch: Notle, possibly.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Notle is usually barefoot. She does wear boots when she is at work, though.
- Dogs Are Dumb: Spike
- Every Girl Is Cuter with Hair Decs: Notle always wears a bandana.
- Eyes Always Shut: Kaeley's eyes are usually squinted shut (to simulate an agitated cat), but she does open them occasionally, during the rare times she's happy, or if she's shocked by something.
- Fiery Redhead: Notle, but she's a subversion, really. She's only ever lost her cool once, and it's because Spike used one of her potions that were actually for her work. Normally, she's rather calm.
- Green-Skinned Witch Babe: Notle.
- Meganekko: Notle.
- No Mouth: Notle and Kaeley are usually drawn without visible mouths.
- No Pronunciation Guide
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: For a witch, Notle is rarely seen performing witchcraft, or doing anything witch-like, only creating magic spells or potions out of necessity. Other times it appears she's just trying to live life like a normal person.
- Roger Rabbit Effect: So far, a couple of comics have been done featuring the characters in the real world. The author, Brandon Pierce, has said there will be more.
- Shout Out: The comic has made references to Firefly, The Legend of Zelda, Charmed, Ghostbusters, and Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- Talking Animals
- Too Dumb to Live: Spike literally died in one comic after drinking a potion. Even when Notle gave him a stern warning not to!
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Kaeley and Spike.