Absynthe_ is a female Troper of uncertain age who lives in Imladris. Or Baker Street. Or Vulcan, when the mood seizes her. She enjoys writing, has written a novel
, is an artist in training, and loves music. Oh, and she's a complete geek.
open/close all folders
- Strange Girl
- Action Girl
- Brainy Brunette
- Elegant Gothic Lolita
- Kick Chick
- Jeanne d'Archétype (don't ask how.)
- Actually was The Squadette during a summer camp in high school.
- Tall, Dark and Bishoujo, or so she's been told
- Otaku Surrogate
- Has been told She Cleans Up Nicely
- A victim of All of the Other Reindeer
- Feels as if she was Born in the Wrong Century
- Was once cute, apparently
- Won her chat with Satan
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Does Not Understand Sarcasm sometimes. She's working on it.
- Hates Being Touched if you don't warn her first.
- Forgets to Eat... sort of.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager
- I Am What I Am: an Aspie.
- Knows Kids Are Cruel
- More Than Meets the Eye
- Not a Morning Person
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
- Her Tragic Dream will probably never come true.
- The Woman Wearing the Queenly Mask
- The Lab Rat
- Always Second Best
- Always Someone Better
- Has a Black Best Friend
- Chaste Hero
- A Cunning Linguist in training
- Wants to be a Dragon Rider
- Has Hidden Depths
- Lemony Narrator of her own life
- Will teach the kids in her old age to Never Mess with Granny
- Was Raised by Wolves due to her DNA.
- American Accents: Midwestern with a touch of Mountain
- Nerd, Hollywood Nerd to some
- A Christian, though not The Fundamentalist
- Technical Pacifist
- Probably has Muggle Foster Parents (though they haven't admitted it)
- The Brainy Brunette of her Nakama
- Emotionless Girl when you first meet her
- One of the Boys according to her coworkers. She's not sure how she feels about this.
- The Woman in Black
- Her brother's Cool Big Sis
- Cosplay Otaku Girl if given the opportunity
- Was an Ordinary High-School Student
- Dynamic Character
- Fleeting Passionate Hobbies: Archery, various musical instruments. She still has the bow and arrows, though.
- I Thought Everyone Could Do That: Can't everyone solve geometry problems using a mental protractor?
- Innocently Insensitive occasionally
- Intelligence Equals Isolation - in High School, anyway.
- Kids Are Cruel. Horribly, horribly cruel.
- The Movie Buff
- Not a Morning Person
- Will not be that kind of doctor.
- Berserk Button: Being told to Stay in the Kitchen. God help your sensitive parts...
- Fervently believes There Are No Coincidences
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette
- Her friends have called her Crazy Awesome
- Gosh Dang It to Heck! because Absynthe does not believe in cursing.
- Facepalms regularly.
- And a Diet Coke (but only because she doesn't drink soda with calories)
- Analogy Backfire
- Apologises a Lot
- Appropriate Conversation Interruption: "Well, frankly I think that ENTERPRISE!" (upon seeing Star Trek playing on the TV)
- Bad To The Bone: Piss her off and she will attack. With "Manic Depression" by Emilie Autumn playing in the background.
- Battle Theme Music: "The City Is At War" by Cobra Starship
- Blue Eyes
- Distinguishing Mark: Scars on her knees from surgery, a scar above her right eye, and a burn scar on her left arm.
- Her dog has an Amplified Animal Aptitude
- Angst? What Angst?: She has a friend who is always smiling. Even when she's thinking about depression. No smile? Oh, Crap...
- Curse Cut Short: When she first saw The Princess Bride, her youth group leader masked Inigo's one curse with a very fake-sounding sneeze, resulting in something like "You son of a -!" "ACHOO!!"
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Dear Blockbuster, thank you so much for putting Ghost in the Shell in sci-fi where it belongs. Now next time, could you choose an edition of the DVD where maybe, just maybe, the fact that this film has frontal nudity in it shows up in the ratings box? That way when my boyfriend and I are watching, I don't suddenly get slapped in the face with undeniable evidence of the Most Common Superpower. Thank you very much.
- Is This Thing Still On?: One day during a dress rehearsal of Bye Bye Birdie during High School, the leading lady messed up on her lines. When she exited and entered the dressing room, she began expressing her discomfort very clearly. Too bad the wireless microphone was still on...
- Never Trust a Trailer
- Percussive Maintenance: Fixes TVs from the 80s every time.
- The Password Is Always Swordfish... at least when concerning dressing rooms
- Trailers Always Spoil
Contributions to The Wiki:
- Participant in the Mythril Aces roleplay
- GM of the roleplay Lord of the Rings: The Ultimate Self-Insert
- Started the page for the musical Lestat
- Added tales to the Troper Tales pages for multiple tropes, notably
- Started the works page for the fanfic Presets
- Started the works page for The Byron Chronicles
And there's much more...
Sign here if you've visited!!
I vandalized your page! note
Have a nice day. Hydrall
Absynthe, come back! We miss you!! ~ Satinel
Abs! Where did you go in D&Dis? Things were just getting good! D: Also! Why the underscore in the name in the first place? -Faux
Judo Vandalize! TestYourMight