WTL Network, short for "Where's the Line?", was likely the most notable maker of Thomas the Tank Engine YouTube Poop in the medium's existence. His (actually their, as the network was made up of three people who collaborated on poops) poops included a wide network of Running Gags, and established a humor standard that subsequent poopers have aspired to match.
The main account was closed due to copyright infringement claims by HiT Entertainment, the current owners of Thomas, while in March 2013, without warning, both their alt account and Poop Troupe channels were closed, for reasons yet unknown. Since then, HiT Entertainment has been berated by several YouTubers, especially WTL Network and its fans, in a similar way to Viacom which has also removed videos for the same reason.
Many of WTL Network's videos can still be found on YouTube in the form of re-uploads by other users, as long as you know their titles.
He is recently active on a new channel, where in January 3, 2017, he made a quiet comeback, and has since begun making new Thomas poops, as well as using other sources such as The Simpsons, Tugs, Titanic (1997), Matilda, and even association football, and is posting his old YouTube poops on Archive.
- All There in the Manual: There's a lot of extra info on the Wiki that's not readily apparent from the poops themselves.
- Art Evolution: The later poops rely a lot less on the swear pack and a lot more on cool visual effects.
- Censored for Comedy: Sometimes even inconsistent with "fuck" being left unbleeped sometimes, while "shit" is bleeped out on occasion. Justified by Rule of Funny.
- Creator Cameo: Occasionally, members of WTL Network will have voice cameos in the poops.
- Manipulative Editing: Both of the auditory and, more recently, the visual variety.
Thomas The Tank Engine series:
- Anyone Can Die
- Ascended Extra: The Butler, a bit character who only appeared once or twice, is now the Fat Controller's lover.
- Mrs. Stationmaster's breakfast is now the single most important character in the series.
- Ass Shove: From How Are You Didgeridooing:"Percy was so frightened that he ran right up Gordon's arse without stopping.""HOOOOOOO," groaned Gordon.
- Berserk Button: Don't call Daisy "feeble", unless you want to be vaporized by her laser eyes.
- This eventually extended to being vaporized by Daisy if you called ANYONE "feeble".
- Black Comedy Rape: Many instances.
- Bow Chicka Wow Wow: The Butler came in:
- The Butler: Excuse me my dear I want you.The Fat Controller: (To station master) I'm sorry station master I must go at once.
- Bowel-Breaking Bricks: Gordon does this on some occasions.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Happens occasionally, most notably in Alicia Takes It Up The Botti where Sam demands that the old Thomas intro be put in the video instead of the new one.
- Butt-Monkey: Percy
- Christmas Episode: Christmas With WTL Network and Another Christmas With WTL Network.
- Continuity Nod: The events of WTL Network's poops follow a loose chronology. See the Wiki for more.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: The engines do love their wanking.
- The policeman from Thomas in Trouble is re-imagined as PC Masterton Bates, the Wanking Policeman.
- Death Is Cheap: Characters frequently die, but it doesn't seem to slow them down much.
- Everyone Has Lots of Sex
- Everyone Is Gay
- Eye Beams: Daisy has these.
- Fan Remake: Some of WTL Network's poops have been remade using the American Thomas narrators.
- G-Rated Mental Illness: Edward doesn't really do anything that would classify him as "special", but does have googly eyes and a propeller-beanie.
- The Grim Reaper: Shows up from time to time, working as a lexicologist.
- I Have Many Names: The Fat Controller has also been called Sir Topham Hatt, The Fat Troll, Sir Topham Twatt, Sir Topham Thing-A-Gummy, and My Dear (by the Butler).
- Kill 'Em All: "Thomas the Tank Engine was ill... So everyone must die!"
- Ludicrous Gibs: Human characters often become bloody stains.
- Made of Explodium: All the engines.
- News Broadcast: "Fat Controller Arrested: Fat Controller had sex with trains"
- Noodle Incident:
- Duck: Do they get you to do things, Percy?Percy: Yes, they do. Unspeakable things!
- There's another incident involving James and the cum wagons.
- Pædo Hunt: Parodied with Chris Hansen the Helicopter, who wants you to have a seat over there.
- Pixellation: And lots of it.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: Gordons number is OVER 9000
- Really Gets Around: Toby's coach Henrietta, who used to be a whore. She pines for the days when nine gentlemen would take her from behind.
- Running Gag: Several, including the Butler, James's unhealthy obsession with Gordon, Special Edward, and Daisy's laser eyes.
- Stalker with a Crush: James, toward Gordon.
- Take That!: In addition to the "Original Ideas" book, a copy of Twilight gets tossed in the trash during Ongoing Feuds.
- In "Edward breaks his dick" the Fat Controller points angrily at Jedward (an Irish duo whose appearance on the X factor was met with mixed reactions) and in "WTF WTL" Gio Compario appears and sings the "Go Compare" jingle before getting shot.
- The Stinger: The credits sequences, which sometimes are comically re-written.
- Title Drop: Happens almost Once an Episode in some way, shape or form.
- Unreliable Narrator: Ringo Starr.
- Younger Than They Look: The Butler is actually only 26 years old, and attributes his older appearance to years of cigarette smoking.
The Welsh Fireman series:
- Bland-Name Product: Fireman Sam enjoys a 'Wizzle' bar.
- Filth: Fireman Sam takes no shame in buying a porno magazine in Dilys' shop.
- Stupid Statement Dance Mix: The brief ragtime composed entirely of Officer Steele's farts.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Matthew Corbett does this in You'd Be A Fool To Say No.
- Sooty's job literally involves this.
- Brick Joke: In TWINS?!?, Sooty tells Matthew that his favourite food is puppies. In Wagons Roll!, Sooty and Soo serve Matthew breakfast, which consists of Sweep's head on a plate.
- Gag Penis: Matthew Corbett has one of those "super duper cocks".
- Really Gets Around: Soo has had sex with an entire football team.
- Spinning Paper: A copy of 'News of the World' uncovers a puppet sex scandal, and also the story of a man who bought a caravan full of cocks.
Chazlar and the Chocolate Parody:
- Anatomy Anomaly: Everyone in Mr Testicline's class has an unusually large amount of testicles, apart from Charlie Bucket.
- The Bad Guys Win
- Black Comedy Rape: According to Slugworth, if Wonka succeeds, Wonka will ass-rape Slugworth.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Parody: All there in the name.
- Downer Ending
- Fictional Currency: The currency used is called "These". According to the wiki, one of these is equal to about £1.75.
- Take That!: The part in the tunnel scene involving a chicken's head getting chopped off is replaced with the HiT entertainment logo.
- "Now I AM going to be sick!"
The Flint Called Manstone:
- Downer Ending
- Even Evil Has Standards: Whilst Fred has no quarrels with killing small birds, he cannot bear to watch the destruction of Bedrock.
- Incredibly Lame Pun:
- Betty: Uh-oh! The trailer's got a flat!
- "The Green Goose" is quite literally a green goose.
- Kick the Dog: Fred kills a small bird for no apparent reason.
- Raging Stiffie: Fred gets one of these after being fondled by the nurses while checking out of the hospital.
Marge And The Funny Whelk
- Actor Allusion: Ron tries turning Scabbers yellow, but instead ends up turning Scabbers into David Tennant. Or, alternatively, Barty Crouch Jr, if you ignore the fact that the sounds were from Doctor Who.
- Affably Evil: Hagrid appears to be a genuinely nice guy until it is revealed that it was Hagrid who killed Harry's parents.
- Badass Mustache: Dudley and Uncle Vernon.
- Black Comedy: Hagrid dropped the baby ( Who wasn't neccessarily Harry) on his way to Dumbledore.
- Brain Food: One of the owls delivering letters seems to have cravings for grey matter.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: When Hagrid tells the Gringott's Goblin about "You-know-what in vault you-know-which", he holds up a tub of vaseline.
- Flipping the Bird: Ron does this to the lady with the trolley. Her experience with the two gets even worse when Harry threatens her with a gun.
- Funny Background Event: WANKER ALERT!
- I'm a Humanitarian: The snake.
- Kill It with Fire: The message that Dumbledore left with Professor McGonnagall.
- Lady Not-Appearing-in-This-Game: The titular character Marge does not appear in the poop, although she is mentioned.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Professor Flitwick gets startled by a nearby explosion twice.
The Rottentrolls series:
- Gross-Out Show: The Show Within a Show Lets get a kebab and go to a DISCO television.
- Show Within a Show: See Gross-Out Show above.
- Calling Your Orgasms: Both Mrs Tupp and Panjid do this in It's A Load Of Nonsense.
- Cow Tools: It's already pretty unclear of what Bertha is able to do (Particularly to newcomers), but with some of the...extras added, things only get worse.
- Dreadful Musician: Paul Chuckle's "brand new sound" has this effect on listeners. He even goes so far as to call it "rubbish" music. Yet he still says it's good.
- The Missingno.: Literally. Ash comes across Missingno and attempts to use his pokedex on it.
- Ash: Oh, a Pokemon! (Opens Pokedex)Pokedex: Missingno. It- (Screen glitches up)
- Stuff Blowing Up: Many. For example, Paul and Barry's caravan gets blown up by the Brainiac: Science Abuse team.