References to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in popular culture: parodies, shout-outs, homages, cameo's,...
- Suske en Wiske: Suske, Wiske, Lambik and Tante Sidonia meet young Mozart in the album "Het Wondere Wolfje" ("The Wonderful Wolfie").
- Aneurin Barnard stars as Mozart in the 2017 British-Czech film Interlude in Prague, which is a wholly fictional account of his passionate affair with a young soprano named Zuzanna Lubtak in the eponymous city, who's betrothed to Baron Saloka, a serial rapist and murderer who inspires Mozart to compose Don Giovanni.
- John Cleese portrays Mozart in Monty Python's Flying Circus sketch "Famous Deaths", where he is the host of the show.
- "Rock Me Amadeus" by Falco was a 1986 pop hit, inspired by the film "Amadeus". It calls Mozart a superstar and names various facts from his life during the intro.
- Play with Me by Extreme features riffs from various classical pieces including Mozart's Rondo Alla turca and Antonio Vivaldi's The Four Seasons.
- Evanescence's Lacrymosa samples the opening of the "Lacrimosa" from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's "Requiem" throughout the whole song.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Requiem samples the famous intro to Beethoven's 5th. Requiem is part a rock opera titled Beethoven's Last Night. It also includes snippets of Mozart and Flight of the Bumblebee by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov.
- The Brian Setzer Orchestra album Wolfgang's Big Night Out contains swing versions of several recognizable classical works. Notably, the title track quotes Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik.
- Instrumental track "Fuck You" by Satan has a part of Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik in it.
- The Ranma ½ opening theme song Zettai! Part 2 uses the intro to Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik to open and end the song.
- Megadeth's Symphony Of Destruction has a piece of Mozart's Requiem (K. 626) - Domine Jesu Christe at the start.
- God Diva from the Japanese Duo Ali Project samples The Magic Flute Queen of the Night Aria by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
- Symphony X: Interspersed within the album V-The New Mythology Suite are excerpts of both Verdi's and Mozart's Requiems.
- "Falling Down" by David Meece is based on a Mozart sonata.
- A trademark of The Piano Guys, who combine classical motifs with the contemporary. Their version of "Mission Impossible" with Lindsey Stirling features a bit of Mozart's Piano Sonata No. 16 (performed in 5/4 time in a minor key).
- He is mentioned as being dead in the song "Decomposing Composers" by Michael Palin sang on Monty Python's Monty Python's Contractual Obligation Album.
- Folk singer Tom Chapin, famous for taking classical pieces and making children's music out of it, wrote a piece called "A Mozart Duet", which is the story of a young pianist learning to play Mozart's famous "Sonata in C" — set to the melody of "Sonata in C" — with Mozart's help.This second part is much too difficult
For any kid to play.
Fingers just werent meant to move this fast,
Who wrote this turkey anyway?
"I did. Its not difficult, a simple scale in C.
Im Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
And I could have played this at age 3.
Try it again..."
- Amadeus is a play about Mozart's life, which was made into the 1984 Oscar winning film Amadeus. It's the only and most famous film about Mozart in existence, yet despite that it's not always a very accurate depiction of his life. The rivalry between Mozart and Antonio Salieri has been exaggerated for dramatization, for instance. The depiction of Mozart as an infantile Manchild and some sort of robotic being who just composed without thinking it over twice has also been contested. And let's not get into the fact that many actors in this period piece have very notable American accents.
- Rudebrat's "Amadeus (Mozart Dubstep Remix)" is Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Cosi is about a group of mental patients who take up amateur theatre as a form of occupational therapy. Over the protests of the facilitator, who'd been planning something less ambitious, one of them persuades the group to do Così Fan Tutte, which he associates with the happy memories of his childhood.
- Mozart L'Opera Rock is a 2009 Rock Opera about Mozart.
- Mozart!, German-language musical covering Mozart's life from childhood to death.
- Pump It Up also uses "Rondo All Turca".
- The intro for Eine Kleine Nachtmusik is also used in the Psychonauts soundtrack, from the level where Raz helps Sasha Nein defeat the censors.
- Wolfgang Krauser von Stroheim, of Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters fame, not only shares Mozart's given name but also has Mozart's requiem as his leitmotif.
- Fate/Grand Order:
- Mozart is a Caster-class Servant. He has Magic Music abilities, and his Noble Phantasm, Requiem for Death, is a Brown Note attack. They often mention the feelings he had for Marie Antoinette, who is also a Servant. In this verse, he is of a magical bloodline that destines him to become a vessel for one of the Demon Pillars, but he manages to reject that role, which he believes is due to either his feelings for Marie or his dedication to music.
- Antonio Salieri is an Avenger-class Servant. In this verse, Mozart and Salieri were in real life, best friends. Unfortunately, since Servants are partially shaped by legends and belief, his personality becomes twisted so that he hates Mozart, based on the rumors that Salieri was jealous of Mozart and murdered him. He's also dressed like "Man in Grey", a Reaper-like figure who is tied to Mozart's work on composing Requiem and his death. He also has Magic Music abilities, and his Noble Phantasm, Dio Santissimo Misericordia de mi, is a Brown Note attack said to be a form of music he was not able to achieve in his lifetime.
- The Simpsons: The episode "Margical History Tour" has a segment based on "Amadeus", with Bart as Mozart and Lisa as Salieri.