- Archive Panic: You might experience this after buying the Complete Works — 170 CDs.
- Gateway Series: Mozart is one of the best-known names in Classical Music, so he's certainly been many people's introduction to the genre as a whole.
- Overshadowed by Awesome:
- May have happened to Nannerl, but it may have just been because she was a girl.
- Mozart arguably did this to the Classical Era as a whole: even his biggest-name contemporaries such as Christoph Willibald Gluck, Luigi Boccherini, or C.P.E. Bach aren't performed a tenth as much as Mozart.
- Values Dissonance: A strange incidence, not between Mozart and the 21st century viewer, but with viewers only 20 or 30 years younger than himself (if that): while Don Giovanni's plot deals with violence, rape and sex under coercion, this generation found its All Men Are Perverts premise far less shocking than the All Women Are Lustful premise of Così Fan Tutte (where the girls only get engaged and may not even kiss their boyfriends from whirlwind romances while already on a promise with other men.) According to Beethoven this was 'an insult to all women' — it was so shocking that it disappeared from the repertoire for over a century.
YMMV / Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart