Pharrell Lanscilo Williams (born April 5, 1973) is an American singer-songwriter and producer. He has produced, co-produced, and remixed many songs and albums for various artists, including (but definitely not limited to) Maroon 5, Beyoncé, Ariana Grande, and Snoop Dogg.
In addition to his production work, he is also the lead singer of the Funk Rock band N*E*R*D, and one half of the production duo The Neptunes (consisting of him and Chad Hugo). He has also served as composer for a number of films.
- In Search Of... (2002)
- Fly Or Die (2004)
- Seeing Sounds (2008)
- Nothing (2010)
- NO_ONE EVER REALLY DIES (2017)
- In My Mind (2006)
- G I R L (2014)
Because I'm tropin':
- Aerith and Bob: Chad is a common name, Pharrell is a less common name, and Shay is somewhere in the middle
- Childhood Friends: Pharrell and Chad met at a camp for musically gifted and talented children when they were 12, and met Shay at school.
- Corrupt Politician: Pharrell compares them to strippers in "Lapdance", in the way how they make a lot of big promises like a stripper offering a free lapdance, but cannot and will not live up to them.
- Darkest Hour: Sooner or later, it all comes crashing down...
- Fun with Acronyms: N*E*R*D stands for "No One Ever Really Dies".
- Good Bad Girl: "She Wants To Move" is an ode to this trope. Sadly, the girl she's talking about is stuck with a Bastard Boyfriend who won't let her be.
- Justified Criminal: "Provider", hoo boy. The song is sung from the point of view of a teenager who was spurned by a friend of his to get into the drug business due to his extremely poor economic state. He got kicked out of school by trying out some cocaine, and is now a drug dealer who works every night to give some money to his girlfriend. He fully comprehends that what he's doing is destructive, though, and wishes he could stop selling drugs and become a normal person with a loving family.
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: His work with N*E*R*D is a highly eclectic mix of Funk Rock with Electronic Music, hip hop and R&B.
- A Party, Also Known as an Orgy: "Truth or Dare". The original version of the song starts with Pharrell screaming "ORGY!!!" just to hammer the point home.
- Police Brutality: One of the main themes of NO_ONE EVER REALLY DIES, particularly in "Don't Don't Do It!" - one of the song's verses lists places where recent and controversial events of such trope happened.
- Pretender Diss: "Rock Star" calls out everyone who keeps saying they're gonna make the big time, only to chicken out when the limelight is on them.
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof (Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth (Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you (Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do (Come on)