James "Jimmie" Edward Allen (born June 18, 1986) is an American country music singer and songwriter. Allen moved from his home state of Delaware to Nashville, Tennessee with dreams of being a country music star. Allen was living out of his car, attending songwriting sessions and writing rounds to be a better songwriter. He would audition for several talent shows, including American Idol in which he was cut before the live rounds. His appearances would lead to greater opportunity, and he would eventually be signed to Stoney Creek records and release an EP and his first album. His first single, "Best Shot", would top the Country Airplay charts and make him the first black artist to do so.
He released his first album, Mercury Lane in 2019.
- Jimmie Allen (2017)
- Bettie James (2020)
- Mercury Lane (2019)
- "Best Shot" (2018)
- "Make Me Want To" (2019)
- "This is Us", with Noah Cyrus (2020)
- "Freedom Was a Highway" with Brad Paisley (2021)
- Cover Version: He recorded a cover of Lady Gaga's "Shallow" with singer Abby Anderson.
- Driving Song: The appropriately named "Boy Gets a Truck".
- Let's Duet: "This is Us" with Noah Cyrus, "Freedom Was a Highway" with Brad Paisley are two examples.
- Magic Wand: Allen is granted one by a Fairy Godmother in the music video for "Make Me Want To".
- Self-Empowerment Anthem: The music video for "Best Song" was this for him, though the song itself is a silly love song.
- Silly Love Songs: Most of his singles are this.