Battalion Advanced Tacticians (B.A.T.) Corps. is a fan-made work based on the Batman mythos. Batman and associated characters and properties belong to DC Comics, Warner Brothers, and the estate of Bob Kane. I claim neither ownership of any pre-existing Batman characters nor am profiting from it.
Now that my creator has put out his statement to cover his posterior from legal threats, shall we begin to take a look her "ingeniously" (*cough*pretentious!) made work of Fan Fiction.
- Artistic License: This fan work is derived from a multitude of storylines, including elements of the Batman: Arkham Series, The Dark Knight Trilogy, DCAU (including Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond), and to some degree other DC Animated series and features (Young Justice and Batman: Under the Red Hood). Yes, so very original.
- Broad Strokes: This fan work is derived from a multitude of storylines, including elements of the Batman: Arkham Series, The Dark Knight Trilogy, DCAU (including Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond), and to some degree other DC Animated series and features (Young Justice and Batman: Under the Red Hood). Yes, so very original.
- Black-and-Gray Morality:
- Big Bad: Well, I could tell you right away, but that would be spoiling all the fun of you being able to figure it out yourself... not that one should have in any faith in the likes of you, but still.
- Comic-Book Movies Don't Use Codenames: The Heroes generally do not go by any code names in this story, though this is averted in the case of the antagonists.
- Canon Foreigner: Gwendoleyn Todd, a younger sister of Jason Todd, is invented specifically for this story, though I honestly believe that "Mary Sue" would have been more accurate. Oh, and also the "John Blake" listed below is based on the character from The Dark Knight Rises.
- Expy: Goddamn, not again you kleptomaniac! Have you no honor?
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: It is tilted on the side of Cynicism, for after all, Undiluted Cynicism is the highest form of Wisdom and Idealism even at the mildest is but Baseless Dishonesty that benefits society's those in power and at worst is the motivation of Fanatical Extremists. Later, Reconstructed in that Friendship, Love, and Virtue are not weaknesses, because without those traits humanity would have died out long ago and that excessive Logic can also be detrimental it leads Owlman/ Thomas Wayne Jr. and later AJPV to become a Ozymandias-style antagonist and outright Nihilistic respective. Thus Idealism is a sort of Noble Lie.
- Covert Group
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: The reason each member tends to wear an Irisless Eyemask Of Mystery.
- Supporting Leader / The Mentor: Bruce Wayne
- The Hero / The Leader / Big Brother Mentor: Dick Grayson
- The Lancer: Tim Drake
- The Smart Guy (s): Stephanie Brown (The Social Expert), Kate Kane (Reconnaissance)
- The Big Guy (s): Jason Todd (The Gunslinger), Cassandra Cain (Action Girl)
- The Chick: Carrie Kelley
- Mission Control: Barbara Gordon
- The Sneaky Guy: Helena Wayne,
- Sixth Ranger: Damian Wayne
(Potential others for later: Helena Bertinelli, John Blake, Bette Kane, Terry Mc Ginnis, Harper Row)
A member of the Justice League, and hence why he shows up only occasionally in story.
- Knight In Sour Armor:
- Semi-Retired Badass: But don't underestimate him, as he can still kick your ass.
- In-Series Nickname: He is sometimes jokingly referred to as "Colonel Mustang" by Tim Drake.
- The Kirk: He frequently has to fill this role.
- Doesn't Like Guns: One point of frequent contention between him and Jason Todd.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Todd's Blue
- Badass Lesbian:
- Cool Big Sis: For her Cousin Bette, to some extent even acts as a Team Mom for the rest of the Corps.
- Number Two: She frequently acts as Grayson's de facto lieutenant.
- Shipper on Deck: She works to get Jason Todd closer with either Cassandra or Carrie.
- Badass Longcoat: Wears one, for carrying as much ammunition as necessary.
- Big Brother Instinct: For Gwen Todd
- Expy: Some elements of Jason Todd's personality are based on Kazuma Yagami.
- The Gunslinger
- In-Series Nickname: The team jokingly calls him Dean Winchester, which he takes no pleasure in.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Knight Templar Big Brother
- '90s Anti-Hero: Reconstructed in that sure he is cold son of a bitch who doesn't play well with others, but beneath those layers of cynicism is a Hidden Heart of Gold.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: See In-series nickname above.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Tim Drakes' Red
- Aloof Ally:
- Legacy Character: As with the source material, Lane isn't the first person to have donned the Azrael suit.
Hmph, oh great, yet another set of clichés get to-
Who the hell is that?
The Narrator you stolid philistine, now as I was saying-
Tch, I don't waste my time arguing with trolls, so go and narrate your own character entry.
- Arc Villain: Yay, I get to go first!... Hey, wait a minute then that means I don't get to be the Final Boss?
- Black Comedy: Because who doesn't enjoy seeing some scum get what they deserve?
- Monster Clown:
- Psycho for Hire: Because being a homicidal lunatic by itself isn't going to pay the bills.
- Rousseau Was Right: Despite what you may think, I genuinely have a hear-BAA, HA, HA, HEH, HA, HA, HA, HEH, HA, HEH, HA!!!! Ah, oh that was a good one. Of course you get that I was Bullshitting you with that "heartfelt" speech right? Right...?
- Walking Spoiler: Spoiler Alert! I get to stay on after my arc is finished! Oh and some lunatic from Batman's past has gone Sensui on us or something like that.
- Adaptational Heroism: In the sense that they are portrayed more as Anti-Villains who have more altruistic intentions than their comicbook counterparts.
- Utopia Justifies the Means
- Arc Villain: Also Bigger Bad
- Black and White Insanity:
- Canon Foreigner:
- Expy: He's basically Shinobu Sensui in a more mundane setting.
- Fallen Hero: AJP-V
- Humans Are the Real Monsters
- Knight Templar
- Seven Deadly Sins: His is Wrath (Particularly anger against Injustice).
I see that you have arrived at my humble entry. Well congratulations, you have earned as your prize the everlasting shame that you read this horrid piece of Fiction by this imbecile.