Tomcats is a 2001 Sex Comedy film starring Jerry O'Connell, Shannon Elizabeth, and Jake Busey. At the wedding of a friend, the remaining bachelors bet on staying single. Seven years later, one of the two remaining loses $51,000 in Vegas. He must get the other guy married to cash in and pay his debt or die. A cute woman helps him.
Tomcats provides examples of:
- Animated Opening Credits: Justified as the visualization of a project that Michael, who is a cartoonist, is working on.
- Dirty Harriet: When Michael first meets Natalie, he's a bit surprised that she's a prostitute. He's even more surprised when he gets his face slammed against a wall, put in handcuffs, and finds out she's really a cop.
- Hot Librarian: Michael dated a librarian at one point. She's prim, proper, a bit shy, and lives with her Gramma. Oh, and they're both into S&M.
- Loan Shark: A cartoonist goes to Vegas for a friend's wedding, where he ends up losing thousands, even though he said he had stopped. The casino owner said the roll was legitimate because he gave the dice to a hooker, who rolled for him. This kicks off the main plot.
- Naughty by Night: The red-headed librarian looks like a plain, uptight young lady. She (and her grandma!) are also into S&M.
- Ridiculous Repossession: After Michael gets himself into an enormous gambling debt, a Running Gag that appears through the rest of the movie is the constant appearance of repo men sent by the casino who take Michael's possessions one item at a time as collateral. At one point the repo man demands Michael's cell phone. Michael objects, the phone rings, and the casino owner simply says the moment Michael answers "Give him the phone."
- Tontine: Played with; a group of friends promised each bachelor in the group would put aside money every year in a fund going to the last remaining bachelor. The main character, one of the two left in the contest, has incurred a massive gambling debt in Vegas and must now get his last friend to marry before the casino owner makes good on some very nasty promises. The added hitch is of course that the last friend is still completely happy as a bachelor, and his stated life goal is to have sex with every woman in the world, while never once actually having a relationship.
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: The Animated Credits Opening has a woman retrieving a cellphone from her very ample bosom.