The Alliance: Stormwind (Humans) - Lordaeron (Humans) - Gilneas (Humans/Worgen) - Kul Tiras (Humans) - Other Human Kingdoms - Ironforge (Dwarven Clans) - Gnomeregan (Gnomes) - Quel'Thalas/Telogrus Rift (High Elves and Void Elves) - Darnassus (Night Elves) - The Exodar (Draenei) - Tushui (Pandaren) - Vindicaar (Lightforged Draenei) - Mechagon (Mechagnomes)
The Horde: Orgrimmar (Orcs) - The Darkspear Tribe (Trolls) - Thunder Bluff (Tauren) - The Forsaken (Undead) - Quel'Thalas (Blood Elves) - Bilgewater Cartel (Goblins) - Huojin (Pandaren) - Thunder Totem (Highmountain Tauren) - Suramar (Nightborne) - Zandalari Empire (Zandalar Trolls) - Voldunai (Vulpera) - Other (non-playable races)
Other factions: The Old Horde/Iron Horde | The Scourge | Sylvanas and her followers | Knights of the Ebon Blade | Illidan and his followers | Garrosh's Horde | Pandaria | Other mortals | The Void (The Old Gods) | Eternals | Shadowlands (Death) | The Titans (Arcane) | The Burning Legion (Fel) | The Dragonflights | Wild Gods | The Artifact Weapons
Individual media: Warcraft III Heroes | Film characters | Hearthstone characters | Warcraft characters in Heroes of the Storm (Assassins - Warriors - Support)
For untold millennia, the Army of the Light waged war against the Burning Legion throughout the Twisting Nether. The draenei most committed to their long crusade would undergo a ritual to become Lightforged, infusing their bodies with the very essence of the Holy Light. After finally achieving victory on Argus, the Lightforged draenei have undertaken a new mission: protecting Azeroth from rising threats and helping the Alliance push back against Horde aggression.
- The Battlestar: Prior to Velen's attack on Argus, they operated out of the Xenedar, a Lightforged ship that split off from the Genedar 25,000 years ago. After the Legion shot it down, they have taken residence in the Vindicaar.
- The Blacksmith: They can summon a Forge of Light (actually just an anvil) as a racial power, and have +10 blacksmithing skill.
- Cosmetic Award: The Heritage transmogrification armor is unlockable for any Lightforged draenei character that's been levelled up to 50 through normal grinding (110 prior to the Shadowlands level squish).
- Covert Pervert: Implied, depending on the player's choices. They are part of a regimented holy army, yet their racial flirt emotes are some of the most suggestive in the game. Though this is likely because, as with all races, their flirts are intended to be taken more as jokes than serious attempts at flirting.
- Gold and White Are Divine: Most members have been Lightforged by Xe'ra herself, their skin and hair colors come in mostly shades of white, and they have golden eyes, body jewelry, tattoos, and floating runes. Also applies to their overall aesthetic.
- Good Is Not Nice: Unlike the gentle draenei of Draenor, they follow a more aggressive form of the Light as exemplified by Xe'ra. Having spent thousands of years fighting the Burning Legion, they're predispositioned to facing their enemies with the most brutal methods possible. Some Lightforged characters outright complain they do not have a chance to torture prisoners like they did during the war with the Legion.
- Holy Hand Grenade: One of their racial powers, Light's Judgment, calls down a blast of Light to smite their enemies.
- Light Is Good: Natch, as the Lightforged have been fighting against the Legion for millennia.
- Neutral No Longer: With the threat of the Legion finally over, they are quick to join their brethren in the Alliance.
- Really 700 Years Old: Much like their normal Draenei brethren they are incredibly long lived. Lightforged draenei gain true immortality as part of the Lightforging process.
- Secret Test of Character: Lightforged initiates need to take on the Forge of Aeons trials to fully become part of the Army of the Light. It involves the initiate fighting against their weaknesses and Hidden Depths, taken physical form.
- Space Marine: After the fall of Argus, the draenei's finest warriors followed the prime naaru Xe'ra across the cosmos in an eternal war to bring about the Legion's end.
- Taking You with Me: One of their racial powers, Light's Reckoning, causes their body to explode on death dealing damage to nearby enemies and healing allies.
- Touched by Vorlons: Most members have been infused with the Light by Xe'ra.
Captain of the Army of the Light and one of the foremost leaders of the Lightforged.
- Big Damn Heroes: With your way to the Xenedar blocked by a large demon, Fareeya appears out of nowhere to slay the demon.
- Blade on a Stick: Her weapon of choice is a pronged golden spear.
- The Captain: She commands the forces of the Lightforged, and is second only to Turalyon.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: Wears full plate except for her helmet.
- Red Baron: She's known by the title "The Crescent Glaive", in reference to her mastery of the spear.
Leader of the Lightforged's mages, being one of the few who still practice the art.
A priest fighting on the front lines against the Burning Legion.
- Blood Knight: Despite being a priest, she is downright bloodthirsty and is very eager to slay demons.
- Combat Medic: Emphasis on combat as she takes an active role in the front lines against the Burning Legion.
- Good Is Not Nice: In Kul Tiras, she can be found in the ship healing the sick. She asks if there are prisoners that need 'purifying' as healing is growing tiresome.
- Good Is Not Soft: She will heal you, just to make sure you can kill more demons. To her, evil is an infection that needs to be purged before actual healing can be done.
- Healing Hands: She is a capable healer, but unlike most priests she finds it boring and much more prefers smiting enemies with the Light.
- Holy Hand Grenade: She uses the Light to purge the demons of Argus with extreme prejudice.
- Light 'em Up: A very capable priest of the Light, capable of using it to both smite and heal.
- Magic Staff: She carries a winged staff with a golden glow and channels the Light through it to smite her enemies.
- Power Gives You Wings: When she powers up to purge demons with the Light, a pair of large golden wings appear on her back.
An initiate who wishes to become a member of the Army of the Light.
- Blood Knight: Was willing to take on the Forge of Eons on his own, despite the last initiate who attempted to do so coming back in pieces. When forced to take someone on, he brings the player despite calling them puny - though in private he admits taking them along because he saw their courage and admires them.
- Dumb Is Good: He doesn't seem completely stupid, but he always refers to himself with his name and was bullied by other kids for being fat and simple-minded. However, his dedication and enthusiasm for the Light cannot be denied, and even Captain Fareeya recognizes that he has a passion that several Lightforged lack.
- Formerly Fat: He was overweight as a child.
- In My Language, That Sounds Like...: T'paartos provokes lots of laughs in Spanish-speaking players (to the point he's become a Ensemble Dark Horse in that community) due to his name, which sounds similar to "te parto" (more or less translated as "I break/wreck you"), or "te partes" (more or less translated as "you laugh your ass off").
- Large Ham: he's pretty full of himself.
- Third-Person Person: Constantly refers to himself with his name; in fact, he uses it as a battle cry. Though it seems to be an act.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Although he befriended many frogs, bugs and elekks during his youth, he has a fear of snakes and never befriended any of them.
A soulbound construct assigned to watch over the Conservatory of the Arcane.
- Deadpan Snarker: Pretty much every single line he speaks.
- Expy: Many players have likened his mannerisms to Severus Snape.
- Ghost in the Machine: His soul was bound into a Vigilant construct so he could serve eternally as the Conservatory's gatekeeper.
- Rules Lawyer: Played with. He allows the player character to prove themselves worthy of the Sigil of Awakening as it is technically allowed by the rules, but absolutely refuses to let Y'mera provide any direct assistance, as she is still considered an exile 25,000+ years after the fact.