TY the Tasmanian Tiger
Actor(s): Stig Wemyss '(TY the Tasmanian Tiger)', Greg Ellis '(TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue, TY 3: Night of the Quinkan)'
Thought to be one of the last Tasmanian Tigers, TY has little recollection of his parents, thinking they were dead. It wasn't until one fateful day that he fell into a cave and met the Bunyip Elder, Nandu Gili. He reveals that his family (as well as other members of his species) are trapped inside the Dreamtime by Boss Cass using the Talismans. Now knowing the truth, TY sets off on a journey to find the talismans and save his family. TY is a true blue battler through and through. He has a generally empathetic nature and will fight for his friends and family.
- The Ace: Due to being Bush Rescue's leader and best fighter, his mere absence causes the whole team to disband during the Quinkan invasion in TY 3.
- Adorkable: The hero of Southern Rivers is a socially awkward 22-year-old with a penchant for puns and terrible jokes. Need we say more.
- Badass Normal: TY dispenses his enemies using only his twin boomerangs and powerful bite. Takes A Level In Badass when equipped with the Bunyip Gauntlet in TY 3.
- The Chosen One: For TY 1, he was tasked to find the five mystic talismans in order to save his family from the Dreamtime. In TY 3, he's the one who is worthy to wield the Bunyip Gauntlet when fighting against the Quinkan.
- The Determinator: Whether it's saving the world from an aspiring dictator or delivering someone's terrible cooking, TY will take care of it.
- In-Series Nickname: TY is just his nickname. As of the Steam release trailer for TY 2, his real name is Tyrone.
- Red Is Heroic: TY sports a pair of red swim trunks and a red bandana in some variation in all of his designs.
- Seldom-Seen Species: Prior to TY, the only known thylacine in a video game was Tiny from Crash Bandicoot.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Coupled with his Walking Swimsuit Scene, Ty's standard attire omits any form of a shirt. Averted with some skins in the PC Versions of Ty 2 and 3 that give him a shirt.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: Ty's standard attire across his multiple appearances is a pair of red and yellow swimming trunks along side a neckerchief, and not counting some skins in the PC remasters, nothing else.
Actor(s): Terry GillTY's mentor figure and Bush Rescue's task master, Maurie is the kind of person who'd rather talk about adventures rather than having them. Despite this, he's always happy to help out TY when he can.
- Bait-and-Switch: When Ty has to find himself a second boomerang, Maurie comes to help guide him and has this to say:Maurie: "Listen mate, I solved your problem! I found you a second boomerang!"TY: "That's great! Where is it?"Maurie: "See that tree over there?"TY: "Yeah!"Maurie: "Well, it's not there."
- Deadpan Snarker: Maurie has quite the wit.
- Feather Fingers: Sports these as a Cockatoo.
- Mission Control: Essentially his role, flying in to give TY some advise and his current objectives while acting as the tutorial person, with some exposition about what might be lurking in a new level for good measure.
Shazza the Dingo
Actor(s): Martine Shea, Peta Johnson, Debi Mae WestTY's love interest, Shazza is your regular girl next door. Unfortunately in the outback, next door can be a thousand kilometers away. Lucky for Shazza, she has the gift of mechanical hands which can build a machine that can cover the distance in no time. But of course she would happily walk that far to see TY.
- In-Series Nickname: Shazza is a nickname that most of the cast knows her by. Nandu Gili is the exception in calling her by her real name, Sharon.
Actor(s): Ken Campbell (TY the Tasmanian Tiger), Chris Edgerly (TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue, TY 3: Night of the Quinkan)'Ranger Ken is a ranger through and through. The only thing he cares about more than the local flora and fauna is ginger beer. Whenever a croc needs tagging, a fire need putting out or a species needs saving from extinction, he`ll be there.
- Seldom-Seen Species: Is a Tasmanian devil. And he looks a lot like the real thing, unlike the most famous one from Looney Tunes.
Actor (s): Paul Flaherty (TY the Tasmanian Tiger), Neil Hunt (TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue, TY 3: Night of the Quinkan)Professor Julius McGuffin is is widely known as the brains behind Bush Rescue. He invents everything from rangs to vehicles and is always ready with a handy statistic. He certainly is a Bush Rescue institution.
Actor: Clement von Franckenstein (All)Boss Cass got out on the wrong side of the egg. He didn`t tiptoe around the shells either, he devoted his whole life to ruling Southern Rivers, an aspiration, which thanks to TY, has remained unrealized. After numerous failed attempts (including kidnapping the entire population of Burramudgee to create an army of uber reptiles) and jail time, it is no wonder that he has a transient work force. Karlos, Fluffy and even Sly have worked for him at one point, in addition to the Frills, Blue Tongues and other assorted baddies who remain regulars.
- Bad Boss
- Big Bad: In every game except the third, and even then he attempts to pull a Hijacked by Ganon at the end.
- Egopolis: His city of Cassopolis.
- Fantastic Racism: Speciesism, against all warm-blooded mammals.
- Large Ham
- Orcus on His Throne: Prefers to work from the shadows, and when he does attack it is with colossal mechs and similar devices. When he is left without gadgets in Bush Rescue, he receives a satisfying beating from TY.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Founds his own community in order to gain diplomatic immunity.
- Seldom-Seen Species: A cassowary, a flightless bird.