Leon of Light
The first legendary hero acquired in the game, Leon was one of six unique heroes who aided the Goddesses in their fight against the Apostles. The six heroes died during the war, but a prophecy stated that the heroes would be resurrected in the future.
- Big Fancy Sword: Leon carries a huge sword on his back, and his passive ability drops a gigantic sword on the enemies' frontlines.
- Bishounen: As noted by Sera. He even jokes that the power he inherited as the reincarnation of O'Ren was his pretty face (before admitting he actually doesn't know what power was bestowed on him).
- Bling of War: Leon takes the Knight in Shining Armor to rather literal extremes, wearing lavish, gold-trimmed plate mail and wielding a sapphire-encrusted sword.
- It's All About Me: Leon felt this way about being a hero until this belief nearly resulted in his death.
- Knight in Shining Armor: He became this later in his career.
- Noodle Incident: Not much is said about Leon's near-death experience other than that he almost died, endangered a lot of other people, deeply regrets it.
- Past-Life Memories: Leon doesn't remember his life as O'Ren very clearly, but he experiences a very strong sense of deja vu and feels as though he's known the other Chronos heroes his entire life before he even meets them.
- Public Domain Artifact: Leon's Soulbound Weapon is a gigantic golden sword named Excalibur, which boosts damage, armor penetration, and critical chance values.
- Shining Goodness: Leon of Light literally radiates a divine, evil-banishing light when he enters battle.
A former fencing instructor, now a Tristan admiral, Rochefort is a laid-back, smug, and colorful character. He accompanies Roland of Honor on the latter's quest to track down the Black Sister, Melissa.
- Badass Mustache: Rochefort has a musketeer mustache in the shape of a bow.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Rochefort definitely qualifies as one. He stops in the Manacar Dungeon to admire a statue of a woman, and he teases Roland about the latter's crush on the Saintess Maria. However, Rochefort's heart belongs to one person, D'Artagnan of Iron Will.
- Counter Attack: Rochefort is an avoidance tank whose playstyle involves blocking attacks and responding to each attack he blocks with a flurry of his own.
- Eyepatch of Power: Rochefort wears an eyepatch to cover his missing left eye.
- Hidden Depths: Rochefort acts laid-back, but he can be very serious when the situation calls for it.
- Honor Before Reason: Discussed. Roland believes that Melissa is a criminal who should be brought to justice, but Rochefort believes she is innocent. He also lectures Roland not to let faith blind him to the truth, shaking Roland's composure.
- Nice Hat: Rochefort wears a red musketeer hat with a feather.
- Royal Rapier: Rochefort's Soulbound Weapon is a rapier called the Allegro Asai. It creates a personal damage shield when Rochefort counterattacks.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: Rochefort is the wise guy to Roland's straight man.
- True Companions: Rochefort and Roland often annoy each other, but they find common ground on their journey. More specifically, they are both glad to have someone to watch the other's back.
Kriemhild of Oath
A demon hunter, Kriemhild is experienced in combat. However, she was cursed by a demon to sleep forever. Her lover, Siegfried, saved her by taking her curse for himself. Kriemhild defended Siegfried from nearby demons until a Goddess made her an offer. The Goddess would help wake up Siegfried, and Kriemhild would help the former to save the world. Kriemhild decided to accept in order to help Siegfried.
- An Axe to Grind: Kriemhild's Soulbound Weapon, the Balmung of Massacre, boosts Kriemhild's flame spouts and increases her attack speed.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: Kriemhild's Soulbound Weapon also turns her last flame spout into a fiery dragon.
- I Will Wait for You: When Siegfried took Kriemhild's curse, she vowed to stay by his side until he woke up.
Roland of Honor
A former orphan, Roland became a paladin and the bodyguard to the Saintess Maria. He currently hunts the Black Sister, Melissa, and he is fully committed to his duty, which puts him at odds with Victor Rochefort.
- Bodyguard Crush: Played straight, even though he keeps denying it. Rochefort even mentions that Roland reveres Maria like a Goddess.
- Light 'em Up: Roland's Soulbound Weapon, the Spreading Light, uses light rays to stun opponents and deal magic damage.
- The Paladin: Probably the most archetypal Paladin within the class.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: Roland is the straight man to Rochefort's wise guy.
Demon Archer Sigruna
A member of the Silver Elf clan, Sigruna was born into the elves' lowest caste. She decided to join the King's Elite Guard to support her family. When demons attacked her clan, Sigruna shot them all down by herself, and a Goddess asked her to help save the world.
- Demon Slaying: Recruited because of her legendary skill in slaying demons.
- Forest Ranger: Silver Elves revere nature and consider trees sacred. Because of this, Sigruna is careful not to waste a single arrow, which earns her great respect within the Elite Guard
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: While Sigurna's flavor text claims that she's very conservative with her arrows and is careful not to waste a single one, her entire skillset revolves around shooting as many as possible and drowning foes in a Rain of Arrows.
- Our Elves Are Better: Of the Wood Elf variety
- Rags to Riches: Born into poverty and desperate to support her family, Sigruna joined the Elite Guard because it was the only way for an elf of her caste to climb the social latter.
- Rain of Arrows: Sigruna's passive calls down a storm of arrows that deal magic damage.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Tree bark. As an elf from the lowest caste, Sigruna was only allowed to eat feasts of tree bark.
Demona the Red Lotus
The former host of a demon, Demona gathered a community of demons and led them to a land of safety. She fights to defend her people from the Order of the Goddesses. She is a close friend of the Black Sister, Melissa.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Even after being exorcised, most humans considered her evil. When the Goddesses started hunting demons after the War of the Apostles, she declared war on them.
- Big Eater: She packs sweets for Melissa when they travel together.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Demona is a demon, but she is also a kind, insightful person.
- Hades Shaded
- Odd Friendship: With Melissa.
- Our Demons Are Different: Demona was the host of a demon. When the demon was exorcised, it led to the birth of the first devil.
- Playing with Fire: Attacks by throwing firey Thorns of Hell at the enemy.
- Touched by Vorlons: Even after the demon was exorcised from her, Demona still retained its power, becoming the first devil.
D'Artagnan of Iron Will
The heroine of the Western Country, D'Artagnan is a skilled sheriff who is popular throughout the land.
- Determinator: Hence the title.
- Fastest Gun in the West: Everyone in Hasla certainly thinks so.
- Gender Flip: Of the Musketeer of the same name.
- Hope Bringer: Became this during the war against the Neth Empire.
- More Dakka: D'Artagnan's passive ability, Consecutive Fire, fires multiple bullets in a straight line, dealing physical damage.
- The Musketeer: Literally a member of the Musketeers and carries a rapier on her back along with her gun.
- Nice Hat: D'Artagnan wears a blue musketeer hat with a feather.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: Her hair becomes white after she's promoted to her final level. Originally she was blonde.
Night Witch TeresaA former street dweller, Teresa became a soldier to escape the slums. She befriended Melissa, and she was enraged when she heard a rumor that Melissa was murdered by a demon. To hunt Melissa's killer, Teresa joined the Night Witches alongside Magical Girl Cano.
- Deadpan Snarker: Teresa is often exasperated by Cano's upbeat personality and cheerfulness.
- Elite Tweak: Teresa's Soulbound Weapon boosts her damage output by 100% when her SP is below 50 points. In other words, she does more damage WITHOUT a skill.
- These Hands Have Killed: Teresa accidentally shot an outlaw with his own weapon in her youth, and she ran away out of fear.
Black Witch DorothyDorothy is a witch with a passion for magic and a desire for knowledge. After mastering four elements of magic, she learned about forbidden dark magic and was cast out by her peers. A Goddess gave Dorothy a mission to use her powers to help others.
- All Witches Have Cats: Dorothy travels with a black cat.
- Fricking Laser Beams: Dorothy's passive fires multiple magic lasers in a row.
Magical Girl CanoA famous pop-star, Cano uses the love of her fans to fire magic beams at enemies.
- Beautiful All Along: Cano considered very ordinary looking until, as her as her 3-star flavor text states, "she accidentally tripped on her way to the off the stage and her glasses broke... Surprise! She was the most beautiful girl in the school!"
- Genki Girl: Cano is very enthusiastic, in comparison to Teressa.
- Magic Idol Singer: Obviously.
- The Power of Love: Cano can channel the love of her fans to shoot magic lasers at enemies.
- The Power of Rock: Cano's Soulbound Weapon is a microphone called the Grand Finale.
Savior Saintess MariaOnce an ordinary village girl, Maria became the fourth Saintess in recorded history. Lednas was formerly her bodyguard.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Apparently.
- Patron Saint: It's the main point of her backstory.
- The Ditz: Maria has a rather unique personality.
Black Sister MelissaOriginally an ordinary sister of the Order of the Goddesses, Melissa discovered the ability to use the power of the black spirit. After speaking with Demona the Red Lotus, the two decided to create the Black Order to combat the Order of the Goddesses' secret agenda.
Steel Knight Joan of Arc
A girl who became a knight to avenge the death of her parents. She currently serves Emperor Alexander.
- Jeanne d'Archétype: As the name would suggest.
- Knight in Shining Armor
- Parental Abandonment: The death of her parents is what triggered her decision to become a knight.
- Stone Wall: Joan's passive skill redirects all the party's damage to herself while also making her briefly immune to physical damage every time she uses her block skill.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Originally disguised herself as a boy, as she knew the army was prejudiced against women even if it didn't actively ban them from military service. She was eventually exposed, but already so respected as a warrior by that time that nobody was really bothered by it.
- Tranquil Fury: Joan earned the nickname Steel Knight due to her steely demeanor even in the heat of battle.
Shogun SusannoAn ordinary warrior, Susanno became a rather famous lord after killing a snake monster.
Absolute Devil VivianA member of the royal devil family, her father kicked her out of the house for being lazy. She started a war to blow off steam, and she somehow became the Absolute Devil in the process.
Monte CristoCreated by Rapture Science and supported by the data of thousands of Mass Produced Montes, Monte Cristo was given a mission to destroy the android known as R-0.
Kaori the UndefeatedAn international student from the Eastern Kingdom, Kaori became the head of the kendo club. Currently, she is looking for move people to join the kendo club. She is the sister of Hawk Eye Hikari.
Devil Slayer AbelThe prince of a throne, Abel's soul was stolen by his opponents, including his brother, Cain. He decided to dedicate his efforts to exterminating demons to track down Cain and his missing soul. An attempt to fight Cain ended poorly for both brothers, and Abel still pursues Cain to this day.
Tribal King UzimantUzimant was one a young warrior from the Wolf Tribe who fell in love with the princess of the Frost Elves. They became married when Uzimant became the king of his clan, but the princess was murdered shortly after. Driven by rage, Uzimant declared war against the Frost Elves.
Captain B. SwordenThe son of a wealthy magistrate, Sworden's father abandoned his wife and son. After becoming a magistrate himself, Sworden swore not to become corrupt like his father.
Ocean King Koxinga
Victoria of the Oath
Black Knight Lionel
Forest Witch Arita
Mad Jiansi Sien
Overlord Borgos of Darkness
Ghost King Bihyeongrang
Thor of Severe Cold
Alexander was a man who vowed to cross the land and see the legendary sea. After many years of consolidating his power, he embarks on his expedition, only to find that the legendary sea wasn't all that legendary or awe-inspiring after all. However, he did manage to become emperor in the process.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Alexander rises through the political ranks as you promote him, becoming emperor when fully upgraded and at his strongest.
- Badass Beard
- Historical Domain Character: Is literally Alexander the Great, and is even given the epithet upon being promoted to a five-star hero.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Alexander is first introduced fighting on the front lines against the Neth Empire in Chapter 6
- Requisite Royal Regalia: His Soulbound weapon is even a royal scepter.
- Stone Wall: Alexander is designed to soak up all of the team's damage with his high HP and damage-redirecting passive skill.
- Staff of Authority: His Souldbound Weapon, the Locus Power, is a royal scepter that makes him temporarily immune to magic attacks whenever his passive skill activates.
War God Achilles
White Beard Drake
Vane the Dark Knight
True Devil Cain
Stanya the Annihilator
V was created as a placement for R-0 when the latter disappeared. When her creators deemed her to be an unsuitable replacement, they instead reprogrammed her to track down her predecessor. However, V was severely damaged upon confronting R-0, provoking her into a state of violent rage. Now V relentlessly pursues R-0 in order to eliminate her, and nothing yet has managed to stop her.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Thanks to the damage she took in a confrontation with R-0, V is locked is permanently locked in a violent berserker state.
- An Axe to Grind: Her Soulbound Weapon, the Beam Slicer, is a giant laser ax that Life Drains opponents for 40% of the damage it wields.
- The Berserker: Just as the name suggests.
- Cast From Hitpoints: V's Fury Mode greatly boosts her attack, block skills and movement at the expense of 10% of her HP per second.
- Glass Cannon: While V hits hard and fast in Fury Mode, the state's HP depletion will take her down very quickly if she isn't supported with constant healing. Thankfully, her Soulbound Weapon completely negates this and turns her into a tanky Lightning Bruiser for as long as you can keep her in Fury Mode.
- Life Drain: The Beam Slicer's primary power.
- Lightning Bruiser: With her Soulbound weapon. Not only does it offset the health depletion with Life Drain, but the fully upgraded version also multiplies the damage of her V-slash tenfold. A fully upgraded and properly set up V can turn an entire level worth's of enemies into a bloody pulp in seconds, earning her the Fan Nickname "Blender".
- Power Gives You Wings: Acquires a pair of mechanical wings when fully promoted.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Robot Girl: Built to replace R-0 when she went AWOL and, when her creators deemed her unsuitable, respecced to hunt R-0 down.
- Square Race, Round Class: V is a literal mindless murder machine whose skillset is designed entirely to kill everything on the screen as fast as possible or die trying, making her exactly the opposite of what a Stone Wall Paladin is supposed to be.
- Waif-Fu: V looks like a skinny teenage girl, but hits like a truck.
Hector of Steel
Athena the Saintess of the Battlefield
Siegfried the Dragon Paladin
Dullahan of the Apocalypse
Captain of the Gatcha Rangers
Frost Hammer Wolfgang
Bone Dragon Gon
Hanzo of Gale
Nobleman Robin Hood
Giparang of Full Moon
Hawk Eye Hikari
Frozen Phantom Niven
Femme Fatale Arona
Moonlight Chaser Atalante
Principal Dancer Lee
Daughter of Hawk Rahima
Ghost Princess Viola
Legendary Mercenary Viper
Evil Spirit CrowA skilled monster hunter, Crow became infamous for his brutal methods. Even after he decided to use more humane methods, this reputation remained. Eventually, Crow decided to keep the bodies of dead monsters in a coffin that he carries on his shoulders. Now, everyone is completely terrified of Crow and his reputation.
- Creepy Crows: Crow is accompanied by a black crow with red eyes.
- Magpies as Portents: It contributes to Crow's reputation as an "evil spirit."
- Plague Doctor: Crow wears a white mask in the shape of a raven's beak.
- The Grim Reaper: He has the reputation of one.