Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
- The announcement of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe was largely met with apathy and dread from MK fans, DC fans, and gaming press alike for separate reasons. and then the video of Joker's fatality was released.
- A more direct rejoicement was the announcement of Captain Marvel and Deathstroke as playable characters. This game marks their debut in video games for both of them. And in the MK side, Baraka.
Mortal Kombat 9
- Any serious MK fan would be rejoicing to the announcement that WB was giving the team as much time as they needed to complete the game. Why would this fit here? Before the buyout, Midway was notorious for screwing around with the games' deadlines and funding, to the point of wanting to milk the franchise for a new game each year, resulting in the subpar quality of the recent games. In essence, this announcement shows just how serious WB is with making a big positive impact with their first MK game.
- OK, so MK9 is epic, yadda yadda... wait... why is Shang Tsung dressed like a clown... OH MAN, THE JOKER FATALITY IS RESTORED.
- DLC has finally been revealed:◊ Kenshi? SKARLET?! OH. YES.
- It gets better; you might want to sit down for this one. Remember the purple ninja named Rain (yeah, let the name sink in for a bit)? One of two characters from the original trilogy to not be present in MK9 (the other being Motaro, whose starkly non-bipedal form mostly likely would have been difficult to program around)? Yeah, guess who?
- Now that Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition is out on PC, many more old school fans rejoice.
Mortal Kombat X
- Following the game's announcement, kharacters were revealed in a gameplay demonstration, ranging from the usual Scorpion and Sub-Zero to FOUR NEWCOMERS along with plenty of gruesome fatalities to match!
- Related to the newcomers, did they just say Cassie's last name is Cage? Yes they did, she's Johnny and Sonya's daughter!
- Following EVO 2014, Raiden was confirmed to return.
- Kano and Quan Chi are back and deadlier than ever!
- Following the game's release date confirmation, Kitana and Kung Lao were confirmed to return!
- Goro was confirmed as a Pre-Order Bonus, allowing many to finally play as him, and was later released for purchase for those who didn't.
- Feeling a lack of Ninja representation? No problem! Reptile and Ermac are back!
- Johnny Cage and Sonya were both confirmed in a trailer together!
- Following a story trailer, relatives of Jax, Kung Lao and Kenshi in the form of newcomers Jacqui Briggs, Kung Jin and Takeda were all confirmed, along with Kenshi himself!
- Jax himself was later confirmed as returning to the game along with Liu Kang.
- DLC was revealed in the form of Jason Voorhees.
- So how could one top the reveal of Jason as a DLC kharacter? How about Tanya? No? What about Tremor becoming a playable kharacter?! Still not impressed? How's the freakin' PREDATOR for a reveal?!
- Related to the above, many fans rejoiced over the announcement of klassic skins for Liu Kang, Sonya, Kano, Jax, Kung Lao and Quan Chi, samurai costumes for Kitana, Shinnok and Kenshi, horror costumes for Mileena, Reptile and Ermac, along with a Carl Weathers as Dillon skin for Jax!
- Fans of the comic took interest in minor kharacter Erron Black, causing many to hope he would make it in. Now picture their excitement once he was confirmed playable.
- Looking through the mobile game, many fans rejoiced over the presence of bonus klassic skins for Kitana and Mileena, along with Farmer and Ninja Mime skins for Jax and Johnny, along with Scorpion's Injustice skin!
- For those worried Shinnok would make for a disappointing final boss, fear not, his One-Winged Angel form is back!
- Disappointed with the ninja's designs? Fear not! With each new DLC release, a klassic skin for them will be released! This is especially good for fans of Ermac and Reptile, who received rather divisive redesigns.
- Klassic fatalities are being released for returning kharacters for free!
- Did you want Predator to face off against a Xenomorph? Brace yourself, then, because a Xenomorph is on its way as DLC! It's also a hybrid subspecies spawned from a Tarkatan, so Baraka fans can at least get his moveset through the alien.
- Debuting in Kombat Pack 2: Tri-Borg - Sektor, Cyrax, and Cyber Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero are back in one concise package!
- Not a fan of the input latency netcode that NRS has been using for years? Your prayers are being answered. NRS has announced a closed beta to test out their brand of rollback netcode, the very same netcode used by games like Street Fighter V and Killer Instinct.
Mortal Kombat 11
- From the very first trailer, it already confirms that the Klassic costumes are returning! In addition is a pre-order bonus: Shao Kahn lives!!
- On top of that, Mortal Kombat 11 is coming to the Nintendo Switch, marking the series' return to Nintendo systems after 12 years!
- The Bus Came Back is also in effect for Skarlet, Kabal, Baraka, Jade, Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung, Frost, all fan favorites who missed out on the previous games.
- Noob Saibot's trailer in particular included a very gruesome Fatality, living up to or even surpassing his "Make A Wish" from MK9. His trailer became trending, receiving nearly 3 million views on YouTube in just one day.
- Who are they getting to voice and portray Shang Tsung in 11, you ask? None other than Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, who portrayed him in the movie, reprising his iconic role from nearly 25 years ago. Although an older version of Shang was announced, fans were hoping that a younger version would also be playable and that he'd say his iconic phrase "Your Soul Is Mine". They delivered on both! Furthermore, among the skin sets for him include some where he sports his Badass Longcoat from the movie.
- Not only can Shang shapeshift into other fighters as per tradition, he can even take the form of non-playable ninjas - Rain, Ermac, Reptile, and Smoke. And his fatality? He summons the soul of KINTARO to rip the player apart from the inside!!
- The official launch trailer has finally dropped, with even more characters like Cyrax and Sheeva coming into the fray on top of every other character shown so far. But the biggest bombshell of all is the background music: a remastered, full-fledged remix of THE Mortal Kombat theme.
- For our DLC, we're getting fan-favorites Nightwolf and Sindel, as well as long-requested Guest Fighter Spawn.