Characters: Magi Main Characters
open/close all folders
The main characters of the story.
- All-Loving Hero: Aladdin, Alibaba, and Morgiana, all tend to try and see the best in people.
- Breaking the Fellowship: Has happened a couple of times.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Everywhere they go, if they see people in trouble, they will use all their power to help them.
- Flight: They all gain this ability eventually, though in different ways.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Their friendship starts in Amon's dungeon, the Balbadd arc strengthens their bond, and the main trio become friends with Hakuryuu, whilst in Zagan's dungeon.
- Four Philosophy Ensemble: Aladdin is the Realist, Alibaba is the Optimist, Morgiana is the Conflicted, and Hakuryuu is the Cynic.
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Averted; Aladdin, Alibaba, and Morgiana all had to go on long, difficult training journeys, in order to become the badasses that they are now.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: No matter what they do, it never seems to be enough. If even one person suffers, they weren't strong enough to help. It doesn't help that these guys are entering into more and more complicated situations.
- Instant Expert: Averted; not one of them has been able to really use their abilities at first. Even after training for a couple of years, they are not yet experts in their respective skills.
- Love Triangle: Hakuryuu ends up falling in love with Morgiana who, while clueless about her own feelings, has for a long time been interested in Alibaba, who is oblivious to her feelings.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: Hakuryuu; as after leaving the group he has fallen further and further into depravity, in his quest for revenge.
- There Is Only One Bed: Aladdin, Alibaba and Morgiana sleep in the same bed when they're in Sindria. They don't see anything wrong with it, but Hakuryuu was very pissed when Alibaba told him about it, especially when he said they had to "force Morgiana to do it" (because she felt she didn't deserve to sleep on the same bed as them).
- Thou Shall Not Kill: All four protagonists were confronted with the chance to kill someone, but they each (save Hakuryuu), chose not to do so in the end.
- Token Evil Teammate: Hakuryuu's philosophy is if you hate someone or if someone hates you, then you should use all your power to make them disappear.
- Took a Level in Badass: All of them have taken several.
- True Companions: As Aladdin once stated, their lives are united by the Rukh, and their strength comes from their trust in each other.
of the series. He meets Aladdin while in charge of a caravan and decides to go traveling with him. He is also the third prince of Balbadd and the king's illegitimate son, and fled the city after a major disaster at the castle that he was responsible for.
At the start she is one of Jamil's slaves. She is originally from the Dark Continent and a member of the Fanalis Tribe. Aladdin and Alibaba help to free her from captivity and she eventually reunites with them after a six month time skip.
Fourth Prince of the Kou Empire, he is the younger brother of Hakuei. He meets Aladdin and the others later during his stay in Sindria.