Creator: Erica Mendez
Erica Mendez is a voice actress residing in Los Angeles. She has gotten a lot of popularity thanks to her breakout role as Aladdin. She also worked in many video game and web animation works as well.Here's her website, Facebook, Twitter, and Ask.fm accounts. Not to be confused with a singer of the same name.Texan counterparts? Brina Palencia (for Dallas, though she also does LA productions), Shannon Emerick, Kara Greenberg (both for Houston), and Kira Vincent-Davis (for both Dallas and Houston). Canadian counterparts? Tabitha St. Germain and Maryke Hendrikse.
- Aladdin in Magi – Labyrinth of Magic
- Diane in The Seven Deadly Sins
- Fu Inubozaki in Yuki Yuna Is a Hero
- Haruka Tenoh/Sailor Uranus and Reika Nishimura (and her monster form, Rikokeida) in Viz Media's Sailor Moon dub (her first Studiopolis roles)
- Inko Amifumi in Aldnoah.Zero
- Jim Hawkins in the 1987 anime film Treasure Island
- Ryuko Matoi in Kill la Kill
- Yuuki Konno in Sword Art Online II
- Annie, Girl of the Stars in Skullgirls
- Corbin in Dust: An Elysian Tail
- Eryn in Fairy Fencer F
- Esmyrelda Maximus in Cryamore
- Fran Prendoll in Demon Gaze
- Jupiter Celadon from Yousei
- The Zombie Maid unit in Disgaea 5
- Micie Sun Mussemburg in Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
- Nagisa Shingetsu in Absolute Despair Girls
- Pac in Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
- Pearl, Good Witch Pearl, Ruby, and Den Mother in Heroes of Newerth
- Primal Huntress Artemis in Smite
Tropes relating to Erica Mendez:
- Action Girl: This is one of her fortes. If she isn't voicing a young boy, many of her female characters definitely will lean towards this trope.
- Crossdressing Voices: Like Mona Marshall, Amanda Celine Miller, and Marianne Miller, she's one of the few voice actresses who is capable of voicing young boy characters. However, she's been growing out of this typecast.
- Fake Brit: Had to pull a British accent for Jim Hawkins, something she stated was very difficult to do.
- One of Us: Video gamer, anime fan, and even plays League of Legends (she also stated on Twitter that she will love to voice a champion in League of Legends if given the chance). note
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: Her primary forte seems to be young boy characters. In fact, according to her, she has been cast (including roles that hasn't been announced yet) into 7 boys and 1 girl, at least in Bang Zoom! Entertainment side of things.
- Relationship Voice Actor:
- With her Platonic Life Partner Lucien Dodge, as they both worked together in many video game and anime voice work.
- Also with Erika Harlacher and Erica Lindbeck, which lead to a humorous Fan Nickname for the trio, "The Three Eri(k)cas." (Unsurprisingly, they ended up working together in a jRPG about Idol Singers). They also worked together in Aldnoah Zero, Sword Art Online II and The Seven Deadly Sins.
- She also co-starred with Christine Marie Cabanos in several titles, such as Kill la Kill, Aldnoah.Zero, and the Viz Media dub of Sailor Moon.
- She also co-starred with her "former" roommate Cristina Valenzuela in several titles, such as Magi – Labyrinth of Magic, Kill la Kill, Skullgirls, Aldnoah.Zero, and the Viz Media dub of Sailor Moon.
- She Also Did: A fandub of Persona 3 Drama CD as Aigis, doing an impressive Karen Strassman impression here.
- Star-Making Role: Aladdin from Magi is what got her a lot of recognition and popularity within the anime fandom. Ryuko Matoi from Kill la Kill helped to solidify her stardom.
- Spiritual Successor: For young boys, she serve as this to Mona Marshall and Brianne Siddall. For her Action Girls and tomboys, she's this to Kate Higgins, especially in non-union dubs.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: In addition to her young boy roles, she's capable of voicing other characters. Case in point, she voiced three different characters (Pearl, Ruby, and Den Mother) in Heroes of Newerth where each character have their own distinct voice and personality.