Set in a world where a goddess and evil god once warred against each other with weapons called Furies, the game puts you in the shoes of Fang, a Fencer who is able to wield the Furies. The goddess and evil god were sealed long ago, but by collecting Furies, Fang has the potential to release either being.Fairy Fencer F
is a game developed by Compile Heart
for the Playstation 3
and was released on October 10, 2013.
- Boy Meets Girl: Boy just wanted food, he draws out the sword and wishes for food, and meets girl who tells him that he's chosen to save the world. Hilarity Ensues.
- Expy: Fans thought that Fang looked like Blanc's son or Roxas.
- Forced Tutorial: In true Compile Heart style, the tutorial is impossible to skip.
- Guide Dang It: Wouldn't be a Compile Heart game without it. To wit, just advancing your quest rank to C would require tons of patience just to finish. All it amounts to is a Fetch Quest but instead, you're at the mercy of the Random Number God who's really just a bitch. And don't get us started on the Rank A.
- Heads I Win, Tails You Lose: No matter how much you stomp any boss in the game, the cutscene will treat it as if the party is having a hard time with the boss fight.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: How Fang starts out with.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Alyn has holes in her memory when she meets Fang.
- Lightning Bruiser: Fang himself is this. Deals good damage, can tank pretty well, almost always comes up first in battles, and that's not even going into his upgraded Super Mode where he's attacking up to five times while the rest of the party only gets four attacks, and the fact that he's going to be the first one who can acquire the Launcher upgrade.
- Multiple Endings
- Morph Weapon: Any fury can change their form depending on what you let the playable characters learn.
- Older than They Look: With how young Fang looks, no one could tell that he's 20 years old. Although Pipin does call him "seinen" instead of "shonen".
- Only the Chosen May Wield
- Peninsula Of Powerleveling: Thanks to the furies granting obscene amounts of bonuses, players can set up whether they want to increase EXP gains, Weapon Point gains, money, or treasure, and add a damage x2 multiplier plus increasing the damage for physical attacks. Then have Tiara learn her A-rank pistol attack skill which covers the entire battlefield. Just give her a fury card that regenerates her SP pool after every battle, have everyone learn the "Learning" skill note , and nuke the entire battlefield. She's unavailable for the last dungeon though.
- Spiritual Successor: To the Neptunia series, gameplay-wise.
- Super Mode: Fairy Form is reminiscent of the goddess forms in Hyperdimension Neptunia.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: After Fang and Alyn travel back to the past to where they first meet Tiara.
- Screw Destiny: This is practically Fang's outlook on life.
- Team Dad: Bahas is this to the team. He also cooks for them while wearing a pink apron.
- Wham Episode: Tiara's death in the Disc One Final Dungeon is one.