Shido finds Tohka on the school rooftop, in her Astral Dress, wielding Sandalphon
and losing control of her power.
He refuses to heed her warning to run away, and she completely loses control of her power and an explosion occurs. When Shido comes to, he learns that Yoshino's power also went out of control at around the same time as Tohka's did. He later learns that the seals to keep the powers of the Spirits he's sealed in check has weakened, causing the powers to backflow to them without their knowledge and making them lose control of their powers.
When Shido leaves the house next morning after breakfast, he notices two things he's never seen before: a large tower under construction (which Kotori explains will be Tenguu City's new symbol: Shintenguu Tower), and a girl who knows who he is but he doesn't know her. The other girls however know who she is, and call her Rinne...Date A Live: Rinne Utopia
(デート・ア・ライブ 凜祢ユートピア) is a Visual Novel
set right after the events of Volume 4 (and before Volume 5) of the Light Novel
of Date A Live
, and after Season 1 of the anime adaptation. The game introduces an original character
, Rinne Sonogami, in addition to the cast in the anime note
. The aim is to date the Spirits to keep their Power Incontinence
in check... or so Kotori says, but ultimately you have to eventually choose one girl (and Spirits aren't your only choice; there's Origami too).
The game is most known for teasing the possibility of pregnancy endings
prior to its release on 27 June, 2013. However, it turns out that Origami◊ is the only girl who gets one.
Tropes found in Date A Live: Rinne Utopia
- Babies Ever After: As noted above.
- Bittersweet Ending: The good ending of Rinne's route, the True End, has Rinne release her hold over Tenguu City, and allow Shido to get back the Spirit powers sealed inside him, but disappears, having been trapped inside her own dimension.
- The What If? ending has her transfer (back) into Shido's school, where he's the only person who still remembers her.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Ruler will do this to any heroine if you answer the phone call in the Last Second Ending Choice. Even to Efreet!Kotori, who she acknowledges to be stronger than the other heroines.
- Downer Ending: Defied; all bad endings are Reset Button Endings, courtesy of Ruler. Unless you count the True End as a Downer Ending, that is.
- Earn Your Bad Ending: Some bad endings are... not easy to get. Especially Kurumi's Yandere ending.
- G-Rated Sex: Implied between Shido and Kurumi in the latter's route.
- Guide Dang It: It's Compile Heart; visual novels or video games, it is a must that it should have one. Kurumi's Yandere ending is the hardest to get in this game.
- Happily Married: Shido and Tohka in the latter's good ending. Ditto for Shido and Origami in Origami's ending.
- Last Second Ending Choice: For every heroine's ending except Rinne's, whether you get the good ending depends on whether you answer a phone call from Kotori (or Reine if you're on Kotori's route). Answer it, and Shido and the heroine will go down to Shintenguu Tower to investigate, where Ruler will trap them in her dimension and make short work of the heroine before resetting everything (i.e. Bad End). Don't answer it, and you'll get the Good End.
- Late Arrival Spoiler: The game assumes you watched the anime note , and know of information such as Kotori being a Spirit, with the Code Name <Efreet>.
- Let's Play: One by Split Playthru.
- Licensed Game
- Multiple Endings: Duh. Each heroine has one good ending and multiple bad endings.
- Mundane Utility: In Tohka's good ending, she uses Sandalphon to cut the wedding cake.
- New Transfer Student: Rinne in the What If? ending.
- Omega Ending: You start off with access to Tohka's, Origami's and Yoshino's routes. Unlock any of their good endings, and you get access to Kurumi's and Kotori's routes. Unlock all 5 of their good endings to unlock Rinne's route for the True End.
- Power Incontinence: The Spirits (whose powers Shido has sealed) losing control of their powers kicks off this story.
- Reset Button Ending: Any ending that isn't a good ending will result in Ruler resetting everything back to the beginning.
- In the True End, it's revealed that even the good endings of the other heroines are also this. Which means that in this game, the only ending that isn't a Reset Button Ending is the True End.
- Secondary Character Title
- Skyward Scream: Shido in Rinne's ending, where he cries that Rinne disappears from him.
- Story Branching: How the additional endings are unlocked. Kurumi's/Kotori's routes are added as a new branch. When Rinne's route is made available, a third branch accessing the route appears.
- Time Skip: The good endings. Eg: Origami is pregnant in her ending, Tohka is Happily Married in hers, Kotori becomes an adult in hers, and Shido and Kurumi have graduated from high school in the latter's.
- Title Drop: The True End, which is Rinne's good ending, is called Rinne Utopia.
- Yandere: Kurumi in one of her bad endings. We certainly didn't see this coming. Notably, said ending is hard to get, compared to Kurumi's other bad endings, or her good ending.
- Word of God says Kurumi and Rinne have Yandere tendencies. Kurumi is understandable, but Rinne?