Manga: Date A Origami
A 4-koma spinoff of Date A Live, focusing on the romantic comedy aspect and takes them Up to Eleven while chibifying the characters.
Date A Origami provides examples of:
- Armor-Piercing Question: Yoshinon to Tohka and Origami, who were giving ill advice to Yoshino to learn how to get along with other people (not just Shido).Yoshinon: Do either of you even have friends in the first place?
- The three of them ended up taking lessons from Yoshinon together.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: At one point Origami declares that the manga will change its name to "Marriage A Origami" and depart from the premise of the original work.
- Character Exaggeration: And how! The girls' affection towards Shido is taken Up to Eleven here.
- Origami keeps talking about getting married to Shido and having babies with him... when she isn't outright stalking him.
- Tohka may not have been the most intelligent character in the original, but she wasn't a complete ditz either. At least here she actually understands that she's in love with Shido.
- Character Title: Out of all the girls, Origami also has the most moments with Shido, though not by much.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: All of the girls towards Shido.
- Foregone Victory: The Dating Sim Kotori makes Shido play as part of his training... involves Origami (and variations of her) as the heroines. He finishes the game in seconds.
- Gag Series
- It's Pronounced Tro-PAY: Tohka lampshades this regarding the kanji in Kurumi (not Kyozou)'s name.
- Only Sane Man: Shido.
- Robot Girl: Robo-Origami, who Tohka confuses with the real Origami. Shido thinks that Robo-Origami is even more of a normal girl than the real Origami is.
- Later on we have Robo-Tohka, who somehow manages to be even more of a ditz than the real Tohka (no, 1 + 1 is not 11).
- Stalker with a Crush: Origami, of course.
- Kurumi as well, when Tohka and later Origami tag along with Shido to buy a gift for Yoshino she is later revealed to have been stalking them.