Granblue Fantasy Relink (initially unveiled as Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link) is an upcoming Action RPG and Spin-Off of the Granblue Fantasy video game series. The game is being developed and published by Cygames for the Sony PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 on consoles and Steam on PC. Cygames also intends to release the game worldwide in multiple languages. The game's official website can be found here.
Originally announced to be released in 2018 in the 2016 Djeeta Trailer, the game's development scope expanded to the point where any release date confirmations will only be revealed by Cygames when Relink would be close to completion. As of June 2022, Cygames has estimated a date sometime in 2023.
PlatinumGames was credited as co-developer until their contract ended on February 2019. Further development later moved in-house to the Osaka branch of Cygames.
Set sometime ahead of the original mobile game's third Story Arc in the Zegagrande Skydom, Relink follows the protagonist and the crew of the Grandcypher on their adventures. Cygames has stated characters who make their debut in Relink may wind up appearing in Granblue Fantasy proper.
Similar to the smartphone game, players can form a party of up to four characters - one controlled by the player, while the AI controls the others. Co-Op Multiplayer is also a possibility, allowing four players to form a party by selecting various Grancypher crew members to go on quests in a fashion not dissimilar to Monster Hunter.
Trailers: 2016, 2016 (Djeeta version) Granblue Fes 2017 Gameplay, 2018, Granblue Fes 2018 Gameplay, 2019 Dragon Knights reveal, 2019 Dragon Knights co-op gameplay, 2020 Mega Fleet Battle demo, 2021 Teaser Trailer
The game and its trailers provide examples of:
- Advancing Wall of Doom: In the third chapter segment of the Granblue Fes 2018 trailer, the party has to rush through the nearby cliff before the storm destroys the wooden pathway.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Near the end of the Granblue Fes 2018 trailer, Furycane's humanoid form is depicted to be entirely green, without revealing much of its naughty parts.
- Blow You Away: Furycane is capable of creating storms and whirlwinds during its boss fight in the Granblue Fes 2018 trailer.
- Combination Attack: As shown in the Dragon Knights trailer, unleashing the charge attacks of multiple characters on the same enemy in short succession deals bonus damage in the element that was used for the first charge attack, just like in the mobile game.
- Defeat Means Explosion: In the Grablue Fes 2018 gameplay demo, defeating Mooks causes them to explode in a shower of blood and loot drops.
- Deflector Shields: If an enemy tries to attack Lyria in the 2018 gameplay demo, she will let out a blue dome to protect herself. She can also unleash a larger dome to protect the entire party.
- Improbable Use of a Weapon: In the 2016 trailer, Rackam uses his rifle to parry a Golem's punch.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: The Goblin boss in the 2017 gameplay trailer lets out a scream that pushes your party members away from it.
- Shield Bash: The Goblin boss in the 2017 gameplay trailer can use its tower shield to push forward, damaging nearby party members.
- Turns Red: The Overdrive mechanic works differently in the 2018 gameplay trailer compared to the mobile game. When half of its health is taken down, a part of Furycane's armor shatters, revealing its humanoid female form.