- Actor Allusion:
- Development Hell/Schedule Slip: The game was initially slated for May, but then was delayed to June. Then it got delayed again to August. The official parody comic Magia Report had a◊ field day◊ with all◊ the delays.
- Fan Nickname:
- Eroha for Iroha due to this page◊ in the official parody comic Magia Report. The swimsuit outfit she got in-game did not help.
- Legbreaker for Yachiyo, for mangling Tsukuyo's legs in Chapter 4.
- Rika is usually called Saber-face because her artist is known to copy Takashi Takeuchi's style and made a lot of Fate/ stay night fanarts.
- Gorilla is a term referring to a character sporting a 3/1/1 disk distribution (such as Rena).
- When talking about the groups, the fans usually uses Nanami-ke for the main characters, Tokiwa-gumi for Nanaka's team, and simply Azalea for the titular event's main characters.
- Follow the Leader:
- Magia Report, the parody manga that stars a borderline psychotic alternation of the main character who serves as both the court jester and the gameplay guide of the game, which then has a part in the April Fool day is also done by Fate/Grand Order and its Learning with Manga.
- Howa Howa Girl event has an event structure a lot like FGO Setsubun 2018 event, being a tower-climbing event severely hampered by fatigue system, complete with extra challenge floors beyond the advertised event stories.
- Meaningful Release Date:
- No Export for You: The game was officially available only in Japan. In August 2018 a Chinese release was announced.
- Schedule Slip: The Mirrors mode has an ongoing plot of its own. After the game released, the story was updated once on September 2017. And then...nothing. It took nearly a year for Mirrors to update again, at the end of August 2018. It's especially galling because the plot stalled on a cliffhanger involving a popular character.
- Teasing Creator: For the first few months of the game Sayaka Miki was conspicuous through her absence. Her appearence in-game was limited to The Cameo in Mami Tomoe's sidestory. Players would post sad Sayaka images in response to the game's Twitter announcements. In what might overlap with Ascended Meme, an event released in November 2017 features a battle against Madoka, Homura, Mami, Kyoko...and an empty spot where Sayaka would be. Ironically, a battle in the 2018 April Fools' Day event had Sayaka present along with Madoka, Mami and Kyoko - but Homura's the one replaced with the empty spot, probably because her non-glasses self isn't in the game yet.
- What Could Have Been: Besides differences in interface (possibly implying some of the mechanics worked differently than in final release), pre-release screenshots showed Iroha with AAABC disk layout (instead of AABBC) and Himika as a 3-star unit, when she's a base 4-star in the actual game.
- Wiki Rule: The game has a few, including an English one.
Trivia / Magia Record Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story