Hello, puny Earth-creatures. ZIM heard about several lesser Nickelodeon characters getting pages on this "TV Tro-pes" thing, like that cranky squid-thing who reminds ZIM of one of his old experiments and that Nhar-Gh'ok worm baby, so ZIM decided that this site needs more ZIM!
Today, you have the honor of meeting ZIM, who happens to be a perfectly normal human worm baby who goes to a perfectly normal human skool and lives a perfectly normal human life. Don't believe the Dib-stink's FILTHY LIES, because he's a FILTHY LIAR WHO LIES!
What, you want to hear how ZIM became as awesome and cool as he is now? Very well, Earthling, BOW DOWN and... err... enjoy my awesome story of PIGGIES and DOOM! (How I love that word...)
It all started one fateful day. Our undisputed rulers, the Almighty Tallest had just sent out a call for the entire Irken armada to prepare for Operation Impending DOOM II, but they accidentally forgot to invite me to the party!
Sure, they said ZIM was technically banished to Foodcourtia (which ZIM still doesn't get - I made those fires BETTER!), but since they were making a big mistake, ZIM borrowed a spaceship and crashed their meeting anyways. OBVIOUSLY, the Tallest were just so impressed by ZIM's invading skills and Irken determination that they assigned ZIM to this super secret backwater planet called Earth. They even gave ZIM his own custom-built SIR unit! (GIR: Ooohh, THEY GOT TROPES ABOUT PIGGIES HERE! HI PIGGIES! Zim: GIR, go spy on the Dib-Stink or something! GIR: Yes, sir!)
From there, ZIM and his new robot assistant landed on Earth, where we got new disguises that enabled us to FLAWLESSLY infiltrate this stupid hyoo-man society. All were fooled, except for one annoying human worm baby who just won't leave ZIM ALONE by the name of DIB!
But no matter. Soon ZIM will have conquered this giant mudball and all of you puny Earthlings, because an invader never stops until their mission is complete.
Still, not all Earth-creatures are bad. These hoo-mans at Nickelodeon adapted my adventures into this thing called an cartoon. Apparently GIR really loves them for some reason. (GIR: I love this show.) But then those stupid suit-guys ended my show early! When I finally take over Earth, those guys are going to get the PLUNGER OF DOOM to the... errr... I'll think of somewhere when I get there. AND IT WILL BE PAINFUL!
And since you puny Earthlings just couldn't get enough of ZIM's fabulous Irken hamminess, those stupid hoo-mans at Nickelodeon put ZIM's beautiful face on plenty of merch (including a "video game" where I team up with that idiotic sponge, the kid and those flying creatures, and that ghost boy), and, after realising what a mistake they made in ending ZIM's show early, gave me this "comic book" series and, after ZIM spent numerous Earth years laughing in a toilet, put my new plan into action. ALL HAIL THE FLORPUS OF DOOM! Oh, and if you want to make sure you hear this "Self Demonstrating" page in my hammy voice in its FULL GLORY, read it in the voice of the hoo-man who has done an (I can't believe that I am saying this) a terrific job at voicing me! Or that other hoo-man who voiced me before him.
Tropes that apply to the MIGHTY ZIM!
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: ZIM must admit, when the Tallest bestowed him the honor of a custom SIR unit, ZIM would have expected it to be less of an idiot. And somehow, locking GIR into competence mode just made him MORE useless!
- Aliens Speaking English: Of course ZIM knows how to speak your primitive Earth language! An Irken invader must know these things if he is to successfully infiltrate civilization.
- Amusing Alien: What?! You dare laugh at me because you find my antics amusing?! INSOLENT HOO-MAN! You will not find me so amusing once I VAPORIZE YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE CONTINENT!
- Ax-Crazy: ALL WILL FEAR ZIM AND HIS DOOM! Even the Almighty Tallest are impressed by the volume of my sheer DOOM.
- Awesome Backpack: My PAK is a masterpiece in Irken engineering! It keeps me alive should anything be dumb enough to try to injure ZIM, has steel legs for advanced mobility and can back up our memories should something damage our fragile brains.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Who you calling wannabe! ZIM will rule earth and is the Big Bad!
- Big "NO!": This is one of ZIM's catchphrases.
- Butt-Monkey: You must be thinking of the Dib, for he is indeed a primitive Earth monkey. As for myself, nobody said galactic conquest would be easy, but ZIM will gladly accept any challenge for the glory of the Almighty Tallest! No matter how many indignities he must go through!
- Clark Kenting: ZIM's human disguise is of ZIM with earth monkey eyes and hair.
- Determinator: An invader never stops until their mission is complete, and ZIM WILL TAKE OVER EARTH SOMEDAY!
- Disproportionate Retribution: Making The Dib live an entire satisfying life where he was accepted and lauded as a hero just for the suspicion of throwing a muffin at Zim's head WAS AN ENTIRERLY REASONABLE AND PROPORTIONATE RESPONSE!!!
- Doomy Dooms of Doom: Is there a better word out there? (GIR: Imma sing the doom song- Zim: NO!)
- Doom Magnet: Yes, indeed. Wherever Zim goes, doom follows and befalls those who get in his way! (GIR: Doom doom doom-doom-doom doom-doom- Zim: I SAID NO, GIR!)
- The Dreaded: My entire race fear their own kind who is ZIM, who will be earths new ruler. They don't hate ZIM.
- Evil Is Hammy: ZIM does enjoy a nice long speech. It intimidates the... (GIR: HAM? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- Zim: Begone with you!)
- Evil Laugh: Zim has an intimidating one. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
- Eye Scream: *sizzling noise* AAUGH!! THE EARTHLINGS HAVE BOOBYTRAPPED THEIR SUN SOMEHOW! DON'T STARE AT IT!!
- Expy: in the time before the Florpus, the humans have created copies to emulate ZIM!
- ZIM has two in the forms of Cryptosporidium 136-139 and Orthopox 13-14. The former has ZIM's taste for conquest and destruction to those who oppose him and the latter has ZIM's bombasticness!
- ZIM, sadly has an inversion with the crystalline lifeform called Peridot. No self-respecting invader or scout would ever choose the side of rebels and traitors, let alone befriend the half-breed offspring of their former rebel leader!
- Galactic Conqueror: As an Irken invader, it is ZIM's duty to take over planets to appease my leaders.
- I Do Not Drink Wine: My supreme Irken biology absolutely cannot stand your FIILLLTHYYYY human food! But I still must learn to consume and build a tolerance to it, lest my disguise be compromised. AND KEEP THAT MEAT AWAY FROM ME!
- Insectoid Aliens: We Irkens seem to bare a slight resemblance to those things you call insects, with our Irken antennae and perfectly normal green skin.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Alright, FINE! Maybe ZIM does slightly care for that little robot of his. ZIM did promise GIR the moon, after all.
- Mad Scientist: ZIM IS NOT MAD, YOU LIE! But yes, ZIM was one of the Irken Armada's top military scientists. Even on that disgusting place you call Earth, ZIM enjoys performing horrible, life-threatening experiments on the dumb humans that occupy it.
- The Napoleon: Zim may be the shortest Irken in the Armada, BUT HE IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE GREATEST INVADER TO EVER LIVE! ONE DAY, YOU WILL ALL BOW DOWN TO ZIM!
- No Indoor Voice: Why would ZIM want to be quiet? EVERYONE SHOULD HEAR ME!
- Oblivious to Hatred: You say the Tallest detest Zim? YOU LIE! THE ALMIGHTY TALLEST ACKNOWLEDGE MY SUPERIOR SKILLS AS AN INVADER! WHY DO YOU THINK THEY SENT ME ON THIS SECRET MISSION TO TAKE OVER YOUR WORTHLESS PLANET?!
- Older Than He Looks: ZIM may not look it, but he's older than any Earth-creature that lives.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: ZIM'S DISGUISE IS NOT THIN, IT IS BRILLIANT! I am much too attractive to cover myself up, and fake hair and eyes are all that is needed to fool you puny Earthlings into thinking I am a perfectly normal human worm-baby.
- The Sociopath: Irkens do not care for pathetic human emotions or love. We only conquer!
- Third-Person Person: Yes, ZIM often speaks in the third person; how else will anyone know that the amazing ZIM is talking about his own incredibleness?
- Undying Loyalty: To my eternal leaders, the Almighty Tallest. Soon you will ALL bow down to them.
- Victory Is Boring: LIES!! FILTHY EARTHEN LIES!! VICTORY WILL BE SWEET LIKE THE JUICES OF THE MAGNOMORPHIAN FRUITS, but only when ZIM has personally crushed all resistance. Having the filthy earthboy just give up on resisting me like he once did WILL NOT STAND!!
- Villain Protagonist: Villain? ZIM IS THE HERO OF THE IRKEN EMPIRE! But for some reason, you pathetic humans seem to see ZIM as the villain for wanting to take over your planet...
- Weaksauce Weakness: ZIM IS NOT WEAK! ZIM IS A MIGHTY INVADER OF THE IRKEN ARMADA THAT IS IMPERVIOUS TO ALL PAIN! Okay, so perhaps your filthy planet's water may cause my skin to burn, but I have long since overcome that weakness by bathing daily in your Earth-based paste. And keep that meat away from me!
- Worthy Opponent: I must admit that while the Dib-monkey may be a thorn in my side, he is the only one who can truly appreciate the amazingness of my plans. IT WILL MAKE ANNIHILATING HIM ALL THE MORE SWEETER!
- Xanatos Gambit: ZIM'S PLANS NEVER FAIL! Oh, on the surface, it may seem like my schemes to take over this stink planet get foiled, but what you fail to realize with your primitive human brain is that they are but a diversion from what I TRULY INTEND! Take that incident with the Florpus for instance...Dib may have thought he won that one, but I was able to steal his puppy clown thing, which had been my real plan all along! VICTORY WAS MINE!