As one of the most successful and long-running Magical Girl franchises out there, Pretty Cure has resulted in many references in other works, especially anime.
Anime & Manga
- Flip Flappers: The girls transform and fight in the style of Pretty Cure heroines. To drive the point home, they even called themselves "Pure Blade" and "Pure Barrier" (though the collector's book included in the Blu-ray limited edition explains that the girls' transformations actually have no names, and calling out "Pure Blade" and "Pure Barrier" was a one-time expression of enthusiasm caused by eating the Peppy Potato).
- Episode 3 of Gundam Build Fighters Battlelogue is just one big shout-out towards Pretty Cure.
- In episode 113 of Pokémon's Sun and Moon arc, Mallow, Lillie, and Lana have Transformation Sequences based off of Heartcatch Pretty Cure.
- There's a Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei bit where characters turn into Lily Cure and Itoshiki is the Big Bad.
- For years, previous Super Sentai monsters were created from various organisms or inanimate objects, summoned by supernatural means, or naturally extraterrestrial. But the Minusaurs of Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger are not only created by using humans as Living Batteries, but they're also near-mindlessly focused on their host's biggest source of stress, making them more akin to Pretty Cure monsters than the typical Sentai fare.