Spoilers for all chapters before Chapter 15 of Avengers: Endgame are unmarked.
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 is a fanfiction by Dragonis Prime first published on Archive of Our Own on May 30, 2019, and is the second story in his Marvel Cinematic Fanfiction Universe. It can be found here. It is the direct sequel to his previous fanfiction, Avengers: Endgame.
This story contains examples of:
- Autobots, Rock Out!: The author apparently enjoys adding this to his soundtrack.
- Mythology Gag: There's... one or two.
- Shout-Out: Mostly in the first chapter.
- Precision F-Strike: Groot once again welcomes someone, this time Adam, to the Fuckin' Guardians of the Galaxy. Adam doesn't speak Groot, so Gamora translates. Unlike Rocket, she doesn't censor it.
- Titled After the Song: The chapter titles are this, and serve as brief summaries of the chapters.
- Chapter 1: I'm Still Standing by Sir Elton John. The Guardians left after Rocket's sacrifice get drinks to remember him.
- Chapter 2: Under Pressure by Queen. The Guardians chase after the Sovereign, who have stolen the Soul Stone.
- Chapter 3: Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson. Adam Warlock considers himself, and his Dark Counterpart The Magus is revealed.
- Chapter 4: Goodbye My Friend by Aaron Neville and Linda Ronstadt. The Guardians mourn the death of Drax.
- Chapter 5: Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters. Peter and Gamora dance together and discuss their future, and Corvus and Proxima have a... 'dance' of another kind.
- Chapter 6: Ballroom Blitz by Sweet. The Guardians tear through The Magus' army.
- Chapter 7: My Father's Eyes by Eric Clapton. The Guardians fight copies of their fathers created by The Magus.
- Chapter 8: Heroes by David Bowie. Adam and the Guardians defeat The Magus.