The single player campaign followed eight agents working for the counter-terrorist organization SION. SION stands for Special Intelligence Operations Network. The game allowed the ability to play as one of eight SION agents each with varied strengths and weaknesses. The abilities were based on speed, stealth, armor, assassin, sniper, demolitions, etc.
This Video Game contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Duchess, Fury and Kestrel.
- Big Bad: Thorsen. And later John Stier himself, the SION leader.
- Book-Ends: The game starts and ends in a oil rig located in Papua New Guinea.
- Dark Action Girl: Angel and Kat.
- Dark and Troubled Past: All eight agents have this kind of past.
- FaceHeel Turn: Stier betrays SION at the end of the game.
- Government Agency of Fiction: SION, aka Special Intelligence Operations Network.
- Hollywood Silencer: The silenced variant of the G20. If played as a character who is a assassin (eg. Bishop) the damage per shot is increased.
- More Dakka: The Viper SMG, the Caseless Rifle and the Metalstorm can be those.
- Professional Killer: Bishop and Fury.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: The agents do this when a level begins.
- Scary Black Man: Damen Rush can be this.
- Title Drop: "...they are the best, and they're always watching. Because their price of freedom is Vigilance."
- Western Terrorists: These terrorists don't seem to be based off of any group in particular.