"Existence is separated into three common virtues: God, Man and Beast. The Gods sit atop their thrones, watching the men tame the beasts. Shall the beasts rebel and become men and men become God and God becomes Beast. The Trinity is known as the Mass. The Pool of Existence cannot extend beyond and therefore those who are neither God, Man or Beast are Demonic. These Abominations are born of original sin and gain their power through negative spirit. They gain fragmentation of true original thought and thus must be exterminated. "Aura Orb to see into the distant future. Each has seen a part of a massive war in the not too distant future and as a result the painting was made of the Legion Leaders. Brock blurts that Ash has Aura and Nurse Joy allows Ash to have a try. He holds it, seeing a several images and visions but not quite understanding them, as well as witnessing someone getting stabbed in the back by a Scyther. Ash is too stunned to say anything. They head off to bed, falling asleep. Then wake up.....IN THE FUTURE...not just that, but they're next to familiar faces without knowing why...
— ''Firstborne 1:09"
- Chronicles of Ruka: Just started, which the summary describes as "[A] prequel to Mystery of the Future. We follow the adventures of Ruka the Lucario as a Riolu as he travels around with a womanzing Haunter, a Misdreavus who loves all things cute and pretty and a Duskull with a low IQ."
- Adventures of Meredine Joy Unpublished: This will be properly published after Meredine Joy's Dirty Little Secret is revealed.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Adult Fear: There has been increasing concern over the mental status of the children and the lack of care from the BLUEGREEN Legion Leaders.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Ash versing Wes on the Isle of Sloth. In order to obtain the Gray Keycard in the other room they must kill the Handler, as their heartbeats are the only things keeping the doors sealed. Wes is defeated in a double battle by Ash, and accepts his fate. As Meredine is about to blast his brains out, Wes explains why he joined Master Red's cause.Oncoming Squick: Rui, his wife, was brutality raped by members of Cipher while he was forced to watch.
- The Alliance: Exactly What It Says on the Tin. Begun by the Cult of Origin, whereas the BLUEGREEN Legion eventually join as well as Molly and her Unown.
- Always Night: Justified, as a massive black and red clouds make the world of the future dark, but some characters can tell the difference between night and day with very little clues.
- And I Must Scream: Wes states that spirits are forced to stick around on the mortal plain for eternity, as for some reason they can't leave the Earth.
- Becoming the Mask: Zoroark has been masquerading as Ash for an unknown amount of time. From that discovery, he becomes known as Z-Ash to Lucinda, Ruka and possibly Misty as well.
- Being Personal Isn't Professional: Subverted, it's the reason why a lot of the characters are bothering to fight Master Red.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Ash and Misty. Even when Misty tells him her feelings, Ash being Ash, fails to receive the message and assumes it's a friend thing. Even after they've kissed.
- Code Name: The Blue Maiden, Lord Green, Professor Orange, Master Red etc etc...specifically mentioned for 'security reasons' the only ones who don't follow the rules are Mewtwo and Angie
- Evil Tower of Ominousness: Eracus' Twisted Tower stands alone in an abandoned city filled with Shadow Pokemon.
- Eye Scream: Oh, nothing much...part from Ash getting his eyes ripped/clawed out by Master Red.
- Fainting Seer: Dawn. More like dying seer as she mumbles some strange words before dying.
- Fantasy Pantheon: Expanded from the Pokemon Patheon. Now has a Clock Goddess, some Devil, demons, and other implied Gods/Goddesses. Here they're actually called Gods.
- Fog of Doom: When Misty is imprisoned at Red's Fortress, that darn burgundy coloured fog can cause madness as well as put you to sleep.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Played straight with the assumption of Amber, the Red Queen. as well as subverted with Molly, the White Queen.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Ash is clueless as to his feelings for Misty, but early on he has a slight attraction to Blue. Despite mentioned that she has had her hair dyed that way.
- The Informant: At the end of most Conversation Datalogs had Mystery Messages which Professor Orange discovered that they were actually Cryptic Puzzles sent by an unknown assailant.
- Intergenerational Friendship: A 14-year-old Ash bonds with the 30-something Blue.
- It's Personal: Everyone in the future has a personal grudge against Master Red for events that have occurred to them or loved ones.
- The Lost Woods:
- The Final Forest, where the main characters are taken to train. It has a secondary base as well as a Sacred Shrine where deceased spirits gather to talk to their friends and family.
- There's the rainforest near Turnback Cave. Spacetime is somewhat distorted.
- Mythology Gag: Numerous:
- Noodle Incident: Meredine is so frustrated that she 'Pity fucks' Lord Green During chapter 8, he uses that against her for fun.
- Odd Job Goddess: Lebeci is a...Clock Goddess. She has a special Celebi called the Temporal Celebi by her side. What this means is unknown.
- Physical Goddess: Lebeci, the Clock Goddess. Though, you don't see her doing anything as she just orders people around.
- Precursors: The Continuum Conclave, who were from a previous civilization. In M's Story, the Pokettians appear to be the Precursors for humans and Pokemon.
- Reality Warper: Ah yes. In a throwback to Pokémon 3, Molly returns to be White Queen of the Unown, but she's on the heroes side now. Unexpectedly enough Amber, the girl who died AGES ago, somehow comes back and rules her own batch of Shiny Unown instead.
- Meredine likes to watch PRIS, with Meeva Laveed, Handsome Lech Thomas Anizzio and the Perky Goth Tabitha "Tabby" Soxton.
- The description of Life Orbs are accurate, as in the games they amplify the moves of Pokemon at a cost of HP each turn, but having a spirit and consciousness inside draws parallels to Exspheres.
- Transformation Trinket: Zoroark can already transform into other characters, but wears a special enchanted Locket that allows the user to take on the memories and emotions of a person who's hair and photo is inside it
- Unusual Chapter Numbers: Any chapter with the letter A next to it indicates a Datalog or Mystery Message chapter.
- Warrior Heaven: Haven. A Heaven for alive and deceased Aura Guardians is guarded by Lucario and Togekiss.