Hailee Steinfeld (born December 11, 1996) is an American actress and singer.
Her breakout role as Mattie Ross in The Coen Brothers's True Grit gave her an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress (despite being the main character), becoming the 9th youngest nominee ever in that category.
In 2015, after appearing in Pitch Perfect 2, she signed a deal with Republic Records to release a full album, including the single "Love Myself".
- Back to You (2007 episode "Gracie's Bully") as a little girl
- Heather: A Fairy Tale (2008 short) as Heather
- She's a Fox (2009 short) as Talia Alden
- Grand Cru (2010 short) as Sophie
- Sons of Tucson (2010 episode "Chicken Pox") as Bethany
- Summer Camp (2010) as Shayna Matson
- True Grit (2010) as Mattie Ross
- Without Wings (2010 short) as Allison
- Forgotten (2011) as London Lane
- Romeo and Juliet (2013, dir. Carlo Carlei) as Juliet
- Ender's Game (2013) as Petra Arkanian
- When Marnie Was There (2015) as Anna Sasaki (voice, English)
- Barely Lethal (2015) as Megan
- Begin Again (2015) as Violet Mulligan
- Pitch Perfect 2 (2015) as Emily
- The Edge of Seventeen (2016) as Nadine
- Pitch Perfect 3 (2017)as Emily
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018) as Gwen Stacy / Spider-Woman (voice)
- Bumblebee (2018) as Charlie Watson
- Haiz (EP, 2015; rereleased in 2016 with extra content)
- Action Girl: In True Grit, Ender's Game, Barely Lethal, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Bumblebee.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: The not-so-subtext of "Love Myself".
- Adorkable: She tends to play characters that are nerdy or awkward in some way, yet are insanely adorable. She's also this in real life.
- Cool Loser: See the above, her characters tend to be 'losers' in their peer group, despite the charm and charisma she brings. Actually Truth in Television as Hailee was heavily bullied in school before her acting career took off, to the point she had to switch to homeschooling.
- Genki Girl: She's often prone to playing characters with a great amount of energy and light, much like how she is in real life.
- Give Geeks a Chance: In Barely Lethal, The Edge of Seventeen, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, and Bumblebee, her character's love interest is an awkward, nerdy guy who's clearly into her as soon as they meet, with her character taking more time to respond. Played With in that her characters in those films are all Adorkable Cool Loser types who are equally, if not less popular than the geeky love interest, and borders on being a Gender Flip as she's the lead in most of those stories (exception being Spider-Verse).
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: "Let Me Go" is all about this.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 5'8, and is often noted in-universe as attractive. Particularly notable in the Pitch Perfect films, as she is one of the tallest members of the main cast.