Gwen Renée Stefani (born October 3, 1969) is an American singer, songwriter, and actress.
She is best known as the lead vocalist and co-founder of the band No Doubt.
When No Doubt went on hiatus in 2003, Stefani embarked on a solo career, releasing her debut album, Love. Angel. Music. Baby., in 2004. The album's last single, "Hollaback Girl", reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100, and also became the first American digital download to sell one million copies.
She has won numerous awards, including three Grammys, and also has her own clothing line.
- Love. Angel. Music. Baby. (2004)
- The Sweet Escape (2006)
- This Is What the Truth Feels Like (2016)
- You Make It Feel Like Christmas (2017)
Tropes in her work:
- Iconic Outfit: Gwen's platinum blonde swirl, red lips, and boy tank top. Her Unlimited Wardrobe would show up more prominently in her solo career.
- Luxury Prison Suite: The video for "The Sweet Escape" takes place inside a very posh prison.
- Pet Gets the Keys: The "Sweet Escape" video shows Gwen begging the tranquil lab holding the key to her Luxury Prison Suite to come closer and her cellmates eventually manage to coax it over with a large gold bone.