WARNING! ALL SPOILERS UP TO THE END OF THE DRAGON BALL BALL Super SERIES (Or equivalent of) WILL BE SPOILED!
Team Universe 7
The son of Vegeta, the prince of all Saiyans. After his future got destroyed by Zamasu, Trunks went to reside to a different yet similar timeline alongside Mai. They got married. He was summoned by Beerus to participate in the Tournament of Power.
The 16th artificial human created by Doctor Gero. He was activated the moment an anomaly such as Trunks were to happen, and was given scientific curiosity by Gero. He created Cross.
- Its skin was a pale white, a body sculpted in pure muscle fully enshrined in a powerful armored carapace, small horns protruded from its head that bore short dark spikey hair, thin translucent lines ran down from its face, hands and feet to its abdomen and finally a long hairless tail was curled snugly around its waist.
An artificial human created by Android 16 using the knowledge of science from Gero and magic from Babidi's abandoned ship.
- Body Horror: His transformation into the twisted abomination can only be described as such.
- Canon Foreigner: He doesn't exist in the series.
- Eldritch Abomination: What he becomes after absorbing Android 16.
- FaceHeel Turn: Reluctantly betrayed his own universe and his creator Android 16 for power.
- Grand Theft Me: Does this to Android 16 for more power.
- Prehensile Tail: a long hairless tail was curled snugly around its waist.
- Action Girl: As fighter for Universe 7, and ass kicker she definitely qualifies.
- Blood Knight: A massive one, she enjoys fighting greatly, with it being her motivator for training, joining the team, and fighting. It prevents her from using tactics she deems dishonorable, even if those methods are pragmatic.
- Canon Foreigner: Doesnt exist in the series.
- Deter Minator: Her fight with Prime was the hardest to watch, and the sheer effort she put into despite knowing how badly she was beaten was heart-wrenching.
- Badass Normal: Despite not having a fraction of her husbands might, skill or training. She still stared down Prime, and confidently assured him that Trunks will have his head for hurting her.
- Dead Guy Junior: She is named after her grandmother.
The God of Destruction of Universe 7. Not a pleasant person.
- Adaptational Jerkass: Without the meeting with Goku, Beerus's Character Development didn't kick in, keeping him a Jerkass God with very little good attributes. Case in point where he laughed at the idea of considering his fighters slaves, thats right, he thinks so little of them he doubts their worth of even having the title of slave.
- Adaptational Expansion: Compared to his canon counterpart, his power, respect for strength and attitude all expanded upon from his time as a mortal. As a child his younger Champa was larger and thus stronger than him, so he studied harder to gain strength in different ways to survive while taking care of his sick mother. His father a God of Destruction escapee from the another universe had them as a remainder of the old universe before death. He later fought Whis, and later Vados after his humiliating his brother, his desire to protect him lead to unlocking Ultra Instinct.
- Character Development: Despite not having the influence of Goku or the other earthlings, he slowly warms up to his fighters as he sees them face powerful fighters worthy of name. Granted this not on the same scale as canon, hes still shown to be caring in his own way.
- Took a Level in Badass: Mastering Ultra-Instinct is the ultimate example of taking a level in badass.
The angel in charge of Universe 7. Pretty jovial.
- Adaptational Jerkass: Unlike the main Whis, this version managed to convince Zeno to destroy 4 universes (2,3,9 and 10) to keep the Tournament shorter.
- Token Good Teammate: Not for the Universe 7, but for the angels. He along with his sister in Universe 6, the kindest and most supportive angel in their race. It really says something that he can be very charming, despite having little care for the massive extinctions the gods of destruction do for billions of years, and is still considered to be by his evil The Star Scream sister to be "too kind".
- Butt-Monkey: Poor Kai, the way he is treated here makes his canon counterpart look respected. Not only is he consistently threatened for any slip up by Beerus, he is ignored, emotionally harassed, and is always talked down to for not be as knowledgeable as expected.
- It's All My Fault: Seems to have a adopted this attitude after Elder Kais death. He puts pressure on himself needlessly after his death to the point where his servant has ask Caulifla to help him out.
Team Universe 6
- Deter Minator: In a tournament where people fight to survive and try their utmost hardest, not many of them managed to push despite the huge gap to defeat their enemy besides him.
- Skilled, but Naïve: He's a very skilled fighter who packs a punch, but is easily tricked by Frost Universe 6's Manipulative Bastard.
- Adaptational Badass: Caulifla at her best in canon was on par with a tired super Saiyan. Here she's now on par with a Super Saiyan god, with more potential than Trunks in that regard.
- Adaptational Expansion: The story goes into more into detail on her past, relationship with Kale and her Might Makes Right personality.
- The Resenter: To Hit, whom she hates unlike in canon where he is the few whom she does respect. It's because he blasted a whole in Kale with Ki, and she had to put her down in retribution for everyone she killed.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: With Hit, whom she hates and he hardly cares enough to reciprocate.
- Adaptational Badass: He managed to achieve his sixth form here.
- Manipulative Bastard: He was the one who drove Kale insane through screwing with her mind, attempted to manipulate Android X 0 X into becoming his servant through affection, and was looking to expand his reach to others universe through his methods.
- Parental Substitute: Planned to become one to Android X 0 X, to use him as a tool to betray his universe and sabotage it from within.
- The Resenter: Towards Cabba, he seems to hold an unspecified grudge against Cabba but hides it well.
- Small Role, Big Impact: He was the one who told Kale about Caulifla's relationship with Cabba, had he not done that Universe 6 would have been way different.
- Adaptational Badass: His vital attacks are more precise in nature from sparring with Android 16. He grows from massive holes in the abdomen, to surgical strikes in the chest killing tissue as Jiren and Kahseral found out.
- Consummate Professional: Everything he does is calm, collected, professional, swift and with a reason.
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: Despite Vadoss "subtle" offerings, he remains more annoyed than interested in her proposals.
- Pet the Dog: Elder Kai was very persistent in getting a piece of Zajak, one look from the universal assassin warding him off. It could be argued that he was only doing it to because the kai was disturbing his meditations, but the idea of the eternally professional assassin scaring off a Supreme Kai because he was bothering the bounty hunter is sweet.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: With Caulifla, she can't stand him and is very open with her hatred of him. And he couldn't care less about it.
- Adaptational Expansion: See Beerus for details.
- Fat Bastard: Though he might not nearly be as unlikable and mean-spirited as Beerus was in the start, he was still a jerk.
- Go Out with a Smile: His last expression can be described as such tinged with the same teasing smirk he had as Beerus's rival.
- Hidden Depths: Like Beerus, when he saw Kusu mourning for her home universe rather than just brush it off, he silently offered his condolences for her loss.
- The Rival: More pronounced here than in canon, but he was this when him and Beerus became gods.
- Unskilled, but Strong: What he started off with as a mortal, but eventually grew out of with Vados's tutelage.
- Villain's Dying Grace: Villain is stretching it, but he went out making sure at least half his universe residing in Beerus's. Something he did so despite his strong rivalry with Beerus, and his own apathy to his universe.
- Adaptational Heroism: She's a lot more compassionate, kind and even respectful here to the mortals and even Champa.
- Ms. Fanservice: There's a lot more emphasis on her beauty, and the great subtext she has with Zajak, Caulifla and even Hit.
- The Mentor: Shown a lot more here given that she trains Caulifla, and Zajak.
- We Hardly Knew You: Saying he didn't play much of a role in this story would be an understatement.
Team Universe 4
The God of Destruction's personal spy, and apprentice.
- Adaptational Badass: In the anime, Ganos was the leader of Universe 4 but was a simple mortal, not strong enough to give any member of Universe 7 problems. Here, he is the apprentice of Quitela and gains control of God Ki.
- Incompletely Trained: Quitela didn't think about the control portion of god ki, which lead to some pretty horrific effects on his body.
- Jerkass: He is not a very pleasant fighter, and frequently mocks his opponents despite his major advantage over them.
- Power Degeneration: He suffers this, was once it was revealed he was incompetently trained in God Ki and suffers badly from it.
- Battle Couple: With Gamisaras, they complement each other by their abilities making it so they can fight to there best.
- Hot Witch: Very attractive, something which her lover appreciates.
- Unholy Matrimony: With Gamisaras, downplayed as they're not truly evil, just desperate to survive.
- Weak, but Skilled: Not much fighting skill, but very good at covering up the arena and her lovers movements for sneak attacks.
- Battle Couple: With Dercori, his invisibility goes hand in hand with her ability to reduce light in the area.
- The Infiltration: His bread and butter. After being knocked out of the ring, Quitela used him to look around other universes to look for useful information in future battles.
- Underestimating Badassery: He greatly underestimated both Trunks and Zajak, paying dearly for it.
- Unholy Matrimony: With Dercori, downplayed as they're not truly evil, just desperate to survive.
- Weak, but Skilled: Not much hand to hand skill, but stealthy and his invisibility leads him to sneak around mostly undetected for sneak attacks.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: Seems to view the scars given to him by fighters he killed as a mark of honor, and doesn't seem to really understand social customs.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Very loud, loves to drink and quick to fight.
- The Brute: His character in a nutshell, Dercori even calls him one to his face.
- The Friend No One Likes: Gamisaras finds him annoying, Dercori thinks of him as a brute, and even Ganos finds him bothersome. Still while they found him annoying they didn't want him gone. After Quitela finds a better fighter, he quickly disposes him and chooses Android X 0 X as his replacement.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Quitela gives him this treatment after he finds a better replacement for him.
- Dirty Coward: Of the gods, he is definitely the most afraid of death. He trembled and begged for his among Zeno twice for his life. While most of the other gods went out with their honor (E.g Champa died helping his universe, and Toppo died defiant to the end), Quitela went out screaming and begging for his life.
- Destroyer Deity: The God of Destruction of Universe 4.
- Jerkass Gods: A two-legged unpleasant rat that is a destroyer entity.
- The Stoic: Considered to be always calm and stoic.
- The Reliable One: In what very few scenes he has in them, he is considered by Quitela as "Always reliable". Coming from an ungrateful jackass like Quitela this is quite high a praise.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: He appeared in very few scenes, had little importance on the plot, and died just unimportantly as well.
Team Universe 11
- The Ace: He's considered the greatest superhero ever, he's popular, intelligent, powerful and his great devotion to justice is respected and admired by almost all. At one point his arch-nemesis even half-jokingly calls him a "Mary-sue" from how perfect he seems. Personally he's cold and aloof to his allies and rejects any help from others.
- Broken Ace: Despite his image, his power and everything he has going for him is this. He has major PTSD, his dreams are often nightmares, his hatred for Prime seems to be never quenched, nor does he ever get a break for what he does.
- Composite Character: He's a mixture of the animes tragic backstory, ptsd, and selfishness. But also his mangas general heroic nature, ability and attitude.
He is the former creation and friend of Lord Zeno, who went ballistic when he lost his love interest. He managed to escape multiple erasures and learned the past history of the multiverse. He uses massive killing and body-snatching to get stronger bodies in his plot to kill Lord Zeno and take over the multiverse. Remaking it in his own image, with his love at his side with many worshippers.
- Arch-Nemesis: To Jiren. The one opponent who Jiren who hates with every fiber of his being, and wants to destroy.
- Big Bad: Of the tournament, he is the least morally grey entity of the tournament and certainly amongst the most evil villains in the multiverse.
- Canon Foreigner: Doesn't exist in the mainstream universe.
- Evil Plan: He plans to kill Zeno and almost all his creations. Remake the multiverse into one, becoming ruler of it with Marcarita by his side, and be worshipped by thousands as the new God Of Destruction.
- Faux Affably Evil: What he personally evokes in himself, he behaves like a gentleman, wears sophisticated clothing, and drinks wealthy wine while committing casual genocide.
- For the Evulz: Word of God says he's the type to go around and murder billions of people for fun.
- Grand Theft Me Goes hand in hand with his master manipulating. He uses this when he finds a body with extreme potential which he can train to extreme levels in order to reach his former power. He does this to Jiren after manipulating his whole life, and he reveals he's been doing this for years.
- It's All About Me: Just about everything he does. His casual betrayal of his universe for naturally wanting him dead for all the pain he's caused, his motives, actions, and even his interest in Vados is purely his own want.
- Manipulative Bastard: This guy hits every criteria. He's perhaps the greatest in a tournament full of them.
- The Sociopath: He's charming and eloquent, but it's pretty clear that he cares for nobody but himself.
- Worthy Opponent: What he sees Jiren, and respects him for his power. Naturally for killing his family, friends and mentor Jiren does not reciprocate and hates him whole heartedly.
- Would Hit a Girl: Would seriously mutilate a woman regardless of age.
- Would Hurt a Child: Would grievously threaten a child with mortal harm.
- Action Duo: In contrast to Hit and Cauliflas Teeth-Clenched Teamwork, Kahseral and Dyspo work fairly well together.
- Hero Antagonist: While he is an antagonist he is still a hero, which works little for him considering the tournament is just knocking people across a stage to not get erased.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Compared to Dyspo, Toppo, Prime, Jiren and everyone else he has almost no importance besides being a heroic antagonist.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: What he develops after becoming a God of Destruction, not that he had much patience to begin with.
- Inadequate Inheritor: Believes Toppo to be this, as she considers him to not holding a candle to her predecessor whom she describes as the greatest God of Destruction that ever existed in Universe 11.
- Killed Off for Real
- Adaptational Jerkass: With the lack of Goku to slightly lighten his worldview he remained much more brutal and ruthless to everyone. Caulifla lightens his attitude somewhat, but that changes little from the fact that he'd kill someone for a slight. Quitela was a Jerkass through and through, but even he did deserve the Fate Worse than Death he made Beerus watch.
- Adaptational Villainy: Unlike canon where his presence is more a matter of Obliviously Evil, where he did not see what he is doing is wrong and more of a game rather true malice with the endgame being more of a test of character. In this narrative he has far more self-awareness in what he is doing, and performs horrible distributions to his creations rather than simply erasing them.
- Disproportionate Retribution: As noted above, Quitela may have been bad but he certainly didn't deserve what he got.