This page here records the characters of the Syrellia roleplay.
Kreuden "Marc" Bastien Marceau, Commander
The Technology Leader of Sinkamma, Marc is a forest unicorn hailing from the Islands of Rinmoria. He was formerly the Commander of the Technorangers' Guild in the district before he was elected to take the place of Leader after Episode Seven. He's renown for introducing elementology to Syrellia and promoting summoning magic to its current status in the district. As of now he oversees the running of Sinkamma, and in his free time works with the elementologists and researchers in the district. Very well-known for being the master of Artemius de Larune, the spirit of an old rapier and his Summoner's Avatar.
As of Syrellians Abroad, he is a Summoner.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: When it comes to what other people are wearing, especially.
- Attention Whore: To people slacking off work. He does it so that not only does he get some attention, he also forces the person to return to work or spend their workday having to pay attention to him all the time. Otherwise he's this to his colleagues, who know him too well by now.
- Berserk Button: Poachers. Marc's race is all too familiar with being hunted for their body parts; Marc has no sympathy for these people whether they're hunting unicorns or dragons or any other magical creature.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Yes, he is a flamboyant unicorn, but he is still a wild unicorn.
- Camp Straight: Despite being fairly feminine-ish, Marc has a female mate living in Rinmoria - which explains why he's not interested in other females even though they may find him attractive.
- Cool Sword: Marc's falchion has a blade made of magic essence extract combined with a metal alloy that has no iron or steel, making it harder and more durable than most swords. This applies to every bladed weapon in Sinkamma.
- The Dandy: Dresses very well, and can impart advice.
- Expressive Ears: His impressively long ears, which aren't even that long in his real form. They are at that length because he's used to expressing himself that way, so instead of losing his ears in his long hair he just exaggerated the length of his ears.
- Foil: To Shen. Done deliberately to show the distinction between a qilin and a unicorn.
- Hair Flip: Does this for dramatic effect or when he just wants to keep his ponytail (the hair one, not his actual tail) out of the way.
- In-Series Nickname: "Pony boy".
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: He acts feminine even in terms of Syrellia's culture.
- Last-Name Basis: The name he asks people to call him is the shortened version of his last name.
- Older Than They Look: Marc is 120 years old, and the oldest of the three Leaders.
- Overly Long Name: Apparently unicorns have these.
- Royal Rapier: His Avatar owns one. Justified because he's the spirit of an old, abandoned rapier; the rapier itself is said to be a replica of the one he originated from. The original sword is stored away somewhere in Marc's quarters.
- Technicolor Blade: Marc's falchion has a blue blade. So does every single bladed weapon in Sinkamma.
- Unicorn: Marc tends to be mistaken as a soft, gentle, pure unicorn. In reality he reflects the wild unicorn origin: he is mostly carnivorous, is aggressive and hot-tempered and will not hesitate to attack out of impulse. He just has very good anger management skills.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Marc is a blue unicorn.
Sieo H'rass, Moon Warden
The Technology Leader of Talathir and a thunder dragon from the Einlor Mountain range. Her species is known for their innate ability to control lightning and their lack of wings. As Moon Warden she oversees the magical research in her district and keeps in contact with the Neruthis Empire and the city of Isillith, both of which are centres of the study of magic. Currently she spends time making sure Mother Nature is appeased as well as protecting the earth, and taking care of her children.
As of Syrellians Abroad, she is an Elementalist.
- Best Her to Bed Her: Part of her species' customs is for the male to show dominance over the female in order to mate with them. This did not go well for Halyan a couple of times, as in his culture both males and females are equal.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: Subverted. She has black sclerae, but they're normal for her species of dragon.
- Long-Distance Relationship: With Halyan Kerre. Sieo doesn't visit Illudois frequently because she dislikes the smoke and metal smells of the industrial district.
- Mama Bear: Do not touch her children.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: They're just to determine she's female.
- Unusual Ears: She retains her dragon ears.
Halyan Kerre, Chief Artificer
A Kushalyur demon born without wings and magic due to genetic defects from Talathir, Halyan was gifted with silver eyes - considered the mark of great talent in his society. His affinity soon turned out to be machinery, and he left Talathir for Illudois where he was eventually chosen by the district to become the Technology Leader of Illudois. He is known to be a good engineer and aviator, and is particularly skilful with engines. He often corresponds with the dark elves in the Empire of Morragane for their help on machinery, and for knowledge on how to build the first airship of Syrellia. The Principle Shaman Nessair Kerre is his father.
As of Syrellians Abroad, he is a Gunslinger.
- Artistic License Gun Safety: Averted. Halyan is always shown to make sure he follows gun safety rules.
- Badass Normal: Born without magic, but wields guns with a dangerous competency. Oh, and he can fly aircraft. Also credited with designing and building the city's first working airship. And he only just recently hit adulthood in Kushalyur terms.
- Bizarre and Improbable Ballistics: The Rinmorian rifled musket Nessair gave to Halyan. It uses magical bullets that home in on the target and hitting more than once by ricocheting against empty air. Justified in that the rifle was designed to hunt down Rinmorian wyrms, which are gigantic, carnivorous and magic-resistant.
- Bottomless Magazines: Averted, Halyan is shown reloading his revolvers frequently.
- Cool Guns: A pair of heavily modified .480 revolvers based off the Ruger Super Redhawk and a rifled musket with magical ammunition used to hunt giant worms.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Used to have a loosely tied ponytail with most of the hair free from the ribbon. He has now pulled his hair up into a high ponytail and made his hair neater.
- Fantastic Arousal: As a Kushalyur, Halyan's ears are sensitive to caresses. Stroking a Kushalyur's ears is part of courtship and bonding, and is a nonverbal signal to initiate intimacy.
- Friend to All Children: Is known for always making time to play with the children on the streets of Illudois after work and sometimes staying back late to fix their clockwork toys.
- Guns Akimbo: Averted. The reason why Halyan carries a pair of revolvers is so he can switch to another without having to reload after using the six rounds in one. He never does this.
- Hollywood Genetics: Kushalyur horns are different with every single individual, as shown by the horns Nessair, Halyan and Halyan's children have. Whereas silver hair is inheritable and being born without wings and magic are genetic defects. Magic may be the meddlesome ingredient here.
- Law of Inverse Recoil: Halyan does not undergo much recoil whenever firing his revolvers on account of being a fairly strong demon. There is some recoil with the musket due to the magic bullets.
- Long-Distance Relationship: Halyan is usually busy at work in Illudois and doesn't always have the time to see his mate.
- Pointy Ears: Long and slightly hairy at the earlobes, too.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: Halyan's justification for not using other types of guns. He also dislikes More Dakka.
- Sniper Rifle: Halyan uses his rifled musket as this. The range of the musket isn't known, but deducing from its original use it is probably a very large range.
- Steel Ear Drums: Being a demon gives you good benefits sometimes. His colleagues are less than pleased with the sounds, though.
- Third Eye: All Kushalyur have one on the forehead; what is notable about his is that it's permanently closed due to not practising magic. He can still travel via the Astral Planes if he so wishes, he just can't ever Planeswalk any longer.
- The Unpronounceable: Halyan's real name. Justified in that he is a demon from the actual demonic Astral Plane, and knowing how to pronounce his name would require learning their language. Which sounds like extremely fast-paced gibberish.
A qilin from Rinmoria, Shen came to Syrellia as an apprentice shaman under Principle Shaman Nessair Kerre. After the events of Syrellia Rising, she decides to work in Syrellia for her overseas experience, as her culture encourages it. She is a Druid as of Syrellians Abroad.
- Action Girl: As an earth magic user.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Shen's mindset is that there is Always Someone Better, so she doesn't see any point in working hard. Nessair has vouched for her talent; he wished he could vouch for her diligence.
- Facial Markings: Has these to indicate she is a shaman, in her favourite colour.
- Horned Humanoid: Of the antler variety.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: Shen likes her long hair very much. It falls to the backs of her thighs.
- Magic Staff: Made of wood with a little red crystal hanging from it.
- The Nicknamer: So, so much. Up to Eleven in Episode Nine, where over the course of four and half hours everyone she doesn't know earned nicknames whether or not they introduced themselves to her during that time even though they were in the middle of an intense battle.
- Pointy Ears: Very long ears that stick out almost perpendicular to her head, with tufted tips.
- Technical Pacifist: As a qilin, Shen is against killing and is vegetarian, but she isn't beyond invoking Mother Nature's wrath to protect the world.
- Technicolor Eyes: Red, which is a normal colour for qilin apparently.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She is a purple qilin, so purple hair.
A flamboyant skirmisher peacock who, while in general dislikes fighting, will take up arms to deal with it. He works as a shopkeeper when he's not fighting.
Dark elf and Talathir's primary healer.
- Our Elves Are Different: A dark elf who researches methods on healing magic, in a world where most dark elves are more likely to experiment with machinery.
A wereram (Bighorn Sheep) and Chief Engineer of Illudois. Took over from Halyan after Halyan became Chief Artificer.
- Horned Humanoid: Has fairly impressive horns.
Nar'akhrim necromancer. Lives on the outskirts of Syrellia.
- Badass Long Robe: So long that it covers him up completely, and has a hood.
- Body Horror: This happened to all the Nar'akhrim as a result of being crushed by the ceiling of their subterranean habitat during the war that caused it to collapse, and then spent several hundred years being preserved under the rock before being resurrected. Looking at A'idhul, it implies that most of the race were actually bodily flattened over the years. Crosses over with Came Back Wrong.
- Color-Coded Wizardry: He wears either black or purple. Both colours are signature of Litvantarian necromancy.
- Cool Mask: A black mask in the shape of a carramua bird skull with golden markings.
- Exposition Fairy: A'idhul only appears as this on occasion. This is because he was assigned by his superiors to keep an eye on the Melssentenia Empire and all incarnations of it onwards.
- Glowing Eyelights of Undeath: Purple with white in the center. They're the only thing anyone ever sees of his face.
- Guttural Growler: Remarked on a lot, as his voice is completely different from everyone else's. He knows it creeps people out.
- The Undead: A'idhul was one of the many of his race resurrected to serve as the ultimate weapon in a civil war.
Kushalyur demon and Principle Shaman of Syrellia. Lives in Talathir.
- Badass Cape: Not a cape as such, but Nessair wears a styled poncho.
- Magic Staff: Wields one of these. In accordance with his rank, a floating green crystal tops it.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Literally, as Kushalyur get darker skin as they age. Nessair definitely qualifies at almost 8 feet.
- Third Eye: Has a fully functioning one.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: His son Halyan is the serious one.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Nessair is shirtless under his poncho because of his wings. Despite his age, he makes for good Fanservice.
- Winged Humanoid: Nessair doesn't fly frequently because of the weight his wings have to carry. He's more likely to just glide, and takes off by jumping off the tops of the Talathir trees. He lands on the trees as well, but he's been proven to be not that decent at landing.
Arkahn, Inthi and Aravell
The three children of Halyan and Sieo. They're often sighted usually as background characters or both parents having to deal with them while working, but sometimes they interact with the other Syrellians. Unlike their father, all three have magic; however, Arkahn seems more interested in machinery than he is in magic and may be following his father to Illudois one day.
All three were born on the same day. Arkahn is the oldest, followed by Inthi and then Aravell.
- Hybrid Monster: They all have tails (from their mother) and wings and different horns (from their father). The unofficial term is demon-dragon.
- Like Father, Like Son: Female variant, Inthi looks slightly more like her mother than her brothers because she has scales and the same black sclerae and golden eyes.
- The Trickster: Arkahn. His real name includes a Kushalyur word with a similar meaning to "monkey" somewhere.