WARNING: May contain untagged spoilers. Browse at your own risk.
This character sheet is under construction and will be expanded as additional material is released.
Heroine/Protagonist/Main Character ("MC")
Lucien RivercrestThe pastry chef.
- Winds of Destiny, Change: Lucien specializes in luck magic. He gives the heroine a minor demonstration in his first season by casting a luck-boosting enchantment on her and then challenging her to a game of cards: each of them draws one card, high card wins. When she pulls the higher card on their first draw, he adds the further rule that her points will double each time she pulls a card that's in sequence with her last draw. Despite the heroine shuffling the deck twice, every card she draws after that is exactly one higher than her last card.
Runa AmberthorneThe waitress.
- Charm Person: Runa's specialty is charm magic. Charms make an object or person want to please the spell caster; for example, Runa's turnips are compelled to want to help her, and the desire makes them come to life in order to lend their help. The ethical implications of using such a power on other people are touched upon in Runa's route, as her misuse of charm magic in the past creates most of the conflict of her first season.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Runa has a tattoo sleeve covering one arm.
- Meaningful Name: Her last name is Amberthorne, and she has a thorny personality.
- Pet the Dog: In her first season, she shows a soft side by doting on her pet dragon Dante.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Runa has no problem changing or lounging in her underwear in front of the heroine not long after meeting her.
Zain BlackwoodThe barista.
- Bad Dreams: Zain suffers from nightmares, as the heroine discovers in his second season.
- Beneath the Mask: Zain is almost perpetually easygoing, pleasant, and humorous. Occasionally, though, the mask slips, and when it does it becomes clear that he's using wit and jokes for deflection to cover a heavy load of inner darkness that he's trying not to let show.
- Bi the Way: Confirmed by Word of God.
- Black Magic: He is a dark magician. Dark magic revolves around curses, harmful enchantments placed upon others.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Zain is friendly and easygoing, and uses his talent for dark magic to aid the cafe's customers by counteracting and breaking curses cast by others.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: He has long black hair and cutting cheekbones.
- Meaningful Name: His last name is Blackwood, and he specializes in dark magic.
- Motifs: Zain is often associated with storm clouds and twilight by the heroine's narration, tying in with his dark magic, his color scheme, and his mystery.
- Sweet Tooth: Zain loves sweets. During ten fingers, the heroine can guess that he's gotten sick from eating too many sweets, but he says that sweets could never make him sick. One of his heart scenes has him sneaking away with the heroine to steal Lucien's leftover pastries, and another has him share a secret about himself which turns out to be that he loves sweets.
- The Sacred Darkness: In Zain's second season, the heroine gets an opportunity to experience what his dark magic is like for him. While she finds it unnerving at first, her perspective soon changes and she sees it as Zain himself does - lonely, but also beautiful and strangely comforting.Zain's Inner Voice: A presence in darkness, a voice in silence, like a cave of shadows, an old house comfortable with its ghosts.
Liora SkyheartThe boss and owner of Sweet Enchantments.
- Benevolent Boss: Liora is a compassionate person who is mindful of each of her staff members' needs and wants them to flourish.
- The Chains of Commanding: Liora is accustomed to taking responsibility upon herself and not relying upon anyone else. In her second season, when the heroine picks up Liora's mantle, she is surprised by how heavy it is and the realization that Liora carries that weight on her shoulders every day, an obvious metaphor for Liora's responsibilities.
- Forgets to Eat: She can get caught up in work and put off eating, not realizing how hungry she is.Liora: For better or worse, I'm good at ignoring my body. When my brain is really busy, sometimes I'll sit for hours without even moving.
- Healing Hands: Liora's affinity for light magic allows her to heal others.
- High Heel Power: She's an authoritative woman who wears high heels.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Liora is elegantly feminine, and in her youth, when she'd imagine herself as the heroine of her favorite fairy tale, she'd always change the prince to a princess.
- Motifs: Liora is associated with the night sky and moonlit seas, reflecting her serenity and to an extent, her overall color scheme.
- She's Got Legs: Her legs are the focus of one mini CG as the heroine notices them.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Liora is calm, polite, and elegant, handling tense situations with grace and a quiet authority.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 5'11", and wears heels on top of that.
Roman TarrengladeThe chef.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Roman's specialty is memory magic. He can amplify good memories and soften bad ones, but his route confirms that he can also remove memories entirely.
Emeril EverbloomThe hostess.
- Asexuality: A tumblr post confirms that Emeril is demisexual.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Emeril is a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. Apparently, she once got drunk off a single drink, spent the next half hour giggling, and was found asleep in the storage room later.
- Emotion Control: Emeril's magic can change the emotions of other people. She describes it as seeing and changing colors.
- Mega Twintails: Emeril wears her hair in a set of huge spiral-curled Girlish Pigtails, either one of which is about the width of her face.
- Survival Mantra: Emeril has a mantra which she and her twin brother used to say to each other when they got in trouble or needed to calm down: "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."
- Caustic Critic: Cyril is the food critic Lucien must impress during his first season. He's stated to be extremely influential to the point that his review could make or break the cafe; he's also arrogant, impatient, and unstinting with his criticism. On the other hand, he's depicted as making valid points about the confections Lucien serves, which are extremely visually appealing but nothing special in terms of flavor. The two also have bad blood between them from the past, and when Cyril realizes Lucien is involved with the cafe at the end of Lucien's first season, he crucifies the cafe in his review purely to spite Lucien.
- Freudian Excuse: After learning about Kamila's background and how she's treated by the people in it, the heroine thinks it explains some of her behavior and can't help but feel sorry for her. She doesn't think it excuses her, though.
- Kick the Dog: In her first appearance, Kamila kicks one of Runa's turnip helpers as she exits the cafe.
- Mafia Princess: She's the daughter of the boss of the Blooming Cherry, a criminal group.
- Nice to the Waiter: Kamila quickly establishes herself as a Jerkass by barging in to demand service after the cafe has closed, bulldozing over the heroine and refusing to take no for an answer.
- Loony Fan: Vallia is the foremost of Lucien's fangirls. She's a little too enthusiastic in her admiration from the beginning, and after Cyril's review goes out in season two she goes off the deep end. She starts to think of herself as a member of the cafe's staff, even barging into the storage room and hanging around after hours. She also becomes more and more hostile toward the heroine at any indication of closeness between her and Lucien, repeatedly interrogating her about their relationship and ignoring the heroine's efforts to convince her that they're not in competition.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: She looks like a cross between a cat and a mantis.
- Black Magic: He's a dark magician.
- Meaningful Name: He's a dark magician with the surname "Darkwhisper".
- Snake Oil Salesman: Merik acts as a magical version in Zain's second season, running a stall at the Goblin Market where he sells dodgy remedies and protections against curses. Customers suckered by his claims that he's Zain's apprentice find that the magic he's selling tends to, if anything, make their problems worse.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Her eyes are noted to be icy in both color and expression.
- Wolf Man: She has the appearance of a humanoid wolf.