The main character.
- Big Eater: Well, she can certainly pack away those cake slices.
- Comfort Food: Sees donuts as this. In the movie though, it's cake.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Forehead of Doom: Averted with Manga!Ichiko.
- Older Than They Look: Ichiko is 30 years old. Ryouichi's initial disbelief at her being 30 years old causes their first misunderstanding when she mistakes his reaction for him thinking she's too old for him.
- Shrinking Violet
- Stepford Smiler: What she eventually becomes. She gets better.
- Your Cheating Heart: Is accused of this, by both parties.
- Blood from the Mouth: When Oichi hits him the face.
- Did Not Get the Girl
- Green-Eyed Monster: Ryouichi and Ichiko's relationship gets worse and worse when he becomes jealous of her success.
- Men Can't Keep House: His apartment is a mess!
As a whole
- Gender-Equal Ensemble: If you count the Mysterious Woman, then there are three women and three men in the committee.
- Ghost in the Machine: Different aspects of what Ichiko thinks and feels.
- Greek Chorus: They act like this to an extent.
- Hive Mind: An interesting variant: though the mind members have their own thoughts and personalities, they all share Ichiko's likes and fears and act on those accordingly.
- Royal "We": Inside Ichiko herself, they refer themselves as "we" and "us". However, Hatoko is the most likely to use "I" and "me".
- Seeing Through Another's Eyes: Inside her brain, the council members can see what Ichiko sees.
- Sharing a Body: The mind members in Ichiko's brain, though Hatako is the one who shares Ichiko's body the most; after all, she is the one who lives in the moment.
The "Reason" aspect of Ichiko, and the leader in her brain.
- The Glasses Come Off: When he's really stressed out at the moment.
- Shattered Sanity: His glasses break a bit whenever there's big trouble for Ichiko.
- Supporting Leader
The "Optimism" aspect of Ichiko.
- Breakout Character: Became the face of the movie and manga.
- Keet: An easily excited young man.
- Motor Mouth: Yeah, he can speak really fast.
- Perpetual Smiler
- The Pollyanna: Always looks on the bright side of things.
- Put on a Bus: Ishibashi completely disappears at the end of Chapter 26, and the entirety of Chapter 27 during Ichiko's temporary Despair Event HorizonIkeda told him off inside the head. In the middle of the final chapter, he returns when Ichiko starts feeling positive again.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Ikeda's Blue.
The "Pessimism" aspect of Ichiko.
- Break Them by Talking: This is how she drives Ishibashi out of Ichiko's mind.
- Deadpan Snarker
- The Eeyore: Always looks on the dark side of things.
- Exhausted Eyebags: Has a full case of this in the final chapter when she's all but lost her entire sanity.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Has done this.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Ishibashi's Red.
- Sanity Slippage: When Ishibashi leaves, Negative Ikeda gains more powercausing Ichiko to become depressedand feels happier with him out of the way. However, she also becomes increasingly more erratic, as indicated by her hair growing messier and her looking more disheveled as the story progresses.
The "Impulse" aspect of Ichiko.
- Cute, but Cacophonic
- Genki Girl
- Older Than They Look: Ichiko is 30, but she's represented as a young girl.
- Prone to Tears
- Sweet Tooth: She's the most happy to be at "Mr. Donut" again! (That means Ichiko is one herself, in total).
- Tender Tears
The "Memory" aspect of Ichiko.
- And I Must Scream: Implied when, as everyone but Ishibashi contemplates suicide, Kishi says that "My only duty is that I only record memories. From the beginning, to the end".
- Only Sane Man: He's the only one who never speaks into the mic. And (usually) the only who doesn't get into heated arguments.
- The Stoic: Most of the time.
- Younger Than They Look: Ichiko is 30, but he's represented as an elderly man.
Represents Ichiko's sensualist emotions and impulsiveness. She easily overrules the committee.
WARNING: ALL spoilers are unmarked!
- Contralto of Danger: Has a deep voice to signify just how deadly she can be to the other members.
- A Darker Me: Is basically Ichiko without any inhibitions.
- Determinator: "Where did you say that [Ichiko] has reached her maximum limits? When you say limits... The so-called outside 'the limits' is the exclusion of all things. It will soon reach its peak."
- Hell Is That Noise: The clacking of her heels signifies her presence in the movie.
- Humanoid Abomination: She has never existed before in any of the meetings, has almost no facial expressions, can suddenly appear out of nowhere, and can knock the other members unconscious with special powers.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: She doesn't dress in business attire at all, and she doesn't require input from anybody else.
- Light Is Not Good: She appears from a glowing doorway connected to a flight of invisible stairs, and her sleep powers are light-based in the movie.
- No Name Given: We never learn her real name.
- Nothing Is Scarier: Very little is known about her, not even In-Universe.
- Not So Stoic: In the movie, her eyes show very visible concern as she strokes Yoshida's face when the latter tells her that they have to break up with Saotome.
- Palette Swap: Very much resembles a darker-haired version of Ichiko herself in the manga.
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: "Sleep."
- The Quiet One: Doesn't speak much at all by the ending.
- Rule of Three: Appears in a grand total of three times in the film.
- Significant Double Casting: She and Ichiko are both played by Yoko Maki in the movie, further symbolizing how the former is the latter's darker side.
- Split-Personality Takeover: Will appear and hijack the meeting whenever Ichiko wants to have sex.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Can appear and disappear in a flash.
- The Stoic: Never emotes.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Downplayed, as she's only Chaotic Neutral, but the side of herself that Ichiko almost always keeps hidden away can easily take full control of her brain.
- The Unfettered: Nothing will stand in her way to get what she wants, and will react harshly towards anything that does.
- Walking Spoiler: Gives away the fact that she only appears and often hijacks the system whenever Ichiko reaches her absolute limit.