open/close all folders
- Achievements in Ignorance: Brute forces his way through the Temple of All Doom's puzzles.
- Blood Knight: "Killing equals honor!"
- Comedic SociopathI am far too brave to grant you mercy!
- The Friend Nobody Likes: He's terrifying and pretty annoying to his group, and probably unaware that Nara was planning to take the Sword of Fighting for herself.
- Large Ham: ``"ONWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD"''
- Lethal Joke Character: Kills Perf at the end of season 3.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: After expressing his annoyance at the party unable to find a route into the Tomb of Doom, he notes he didn't kill thousand of orcs in the party's path just to have their path blocked...Carrow: Yes, about that. I'm not quite sure you had to kill all those orcs.
Glorion: I...I... don't follow.
Carrow: Uh...uhm... You killed every single orc to cross our path. And some that were nowhere near our path. I'm not entirely positive that was necessary.
Glorion: [grinning] You've lost me.
Carrow: You killed every last orc in that village.
Perf: And that retirement village.
Glorion: Well, I was too brave too spare the elderly.
Carrow: [stunned] The women... the children...
Glorion: Killing equals honor!
- Obliviously Evil: Murders children and elderly, all with a dorky smile on his face.
- Sore Loser: Perf bests him in a duel, so he kills him.
- Too Dumb to Fool: Barrels his way through the Temple of All Dooms, passing trials designed for traditionally-minded heroes with blunt force.
Look, I didn't exactly volunteer!
- All Love Is Unrequited: In love with Nara, who largely ignores him.
- Chosen One: Ends up becoming the chosen bearer of the Sword of Fighting.
- Disability Superpower: Has the ability to retrocast because of his dyslexia
- The Drag-Along: He keeps trying to leave the quest.
- Embarrassing Tattoo: "Meat Henge", on his stomach. With an arrow pointing downward.
- Inept Mage: He's utterly incompetent at normal magic. Luckily, he's the best the most powerful Retrocaster in centuries.
- "L" Is for "Dyslexia": Strong Like Bull tells him he has a rare gift, and says something ominous in orcish. The subtitle reads "dyslexia."
- Magic Misfire: His spells often go wrong, because of his dyslexia.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: The sword of fighting mocks him relentlessly for it.
- Shout-Out: To Rincewind, fittingly enough.
- Unfortunate Names: Enforced— the Wizardium gives its initiates new names based on their best qualities. Not exactly encouraging to be dubbed "Superfluous."
Don't talk to me! Don't say anything, don't do anything! Just sit there and don't contribute while I find us a way out of here.
- Deadpan Snarker: Especially towards Perf.
- Missed the Call: She was also planning to take the Sword of Fighting, and was extremely displeased when it ended up with Perf.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: As an elf rogue, it makes sense.
- Intoxication Ensues: Spends a good part of season two drugged by the assassin's darts.
- The Other Darrin: Anne Kennedy Brady was unavailable for filming season 3 due to her pregnency, so Alyssa Kay took over the part.
Is this a punishment, Vieris? For my sins? For abandoning a companion?
- Came Back Wrong: Perf brings him back as an undead, and it becomes clear as time passes that he's not the kindly cleric he once was (although the crap he endures in his undead form doesn't help).
- Inhuman Human: A soul with memories intact, trapped in a rotting corpse.
- Not Using the "Z" Word: A literal example. He is not a zombie. His mind is still for the most part intact. He's closer to a wight or a revenant.
- Smite Evil: Unfortunately, holy magic doesn't like the undead...
- Diplomatic Impunity: Bardic Immunity, which protects her from orcs and assassins (to a point).
- Interspecies Romance: Has UST with an orc!
The Sword of Fighting
- Not So Above It All: He's more level-headed than his men, but quickly gets flustered when talking to Wren and indulges the others by reciting silly "human" phrases when he drinks a Tongues potion and listening to their advice on courting.
- Only Sane Orc
Strong Like Bull
- Square Race, Round Class: He's an orcish Archeologist. The other orcs have occasionally referred to the idea of noncombatants as a joke about humans.
The Wicked Kings
- Bad Boss: They like to kill whoever they're using as a host when they've finished talking.
- Not-So-Omniscient Council of Bickering: The kings don't get along very well, and whatever orders or threats they're trying to make tend to be hampered by their bickering and need to make snide personal comments about each other.
- Talking to Themself: All the kings possess the same body at once, and whoever they're possessing relays them arguing with each other.
- Hunter Of Her Own Kind: Seems to hate elves. It's later revealed that she is one.
RoderickA gargoyle who only tells lies (as in, is physically incapable of telling the truth), forced to help Glorion on his quest for the Sword of Fighting.
- Hey, I volunteered for this! And my friend is still alive, so...
- Knights and Knaves: The one who always lies.
- Servile Snarker: Which of course goes right over Glorion's head.
- The Pornomancer: Introduced as such. Just his description of the tryst he was called away from has every woman in the room (minus the headmaster) ready to jump his bones on the spot.
- An Axe to Grind: Justice!
- Battle Couple: With his queen, Starling.
- I Call It "Vera": Criminals shall face Justice! That's his axe.
- Noble Savage: Is he ever! His (tyrannical) rule includes free education and health care regardless of social class and birth!
- Out of Focus: Does not appear at all in season 3.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: He sneaks out to an inn to talk to a Seer with information on the Sword of Fighting, which could slay the Wicked Kings and grant him an unspecified revenge. The only thing he does to disguise himself is put a black scarf over his mouth and nose. Since he's a giant bald black guy who walks around with no shirt all the time, no one's buying it. Even the drunks know it's him. (And they're really drunk).
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Part of why his attempts at disguise suck so much.