open/close all folders
Patricia "Patty" Bladell
- Disappeared Dad: Her father's not in the picture, and her mother isn't exactly willing to pick up the slack. It's implied that her lack of a paternal figure is the reason behind her obsession with her pageant coach, Bob Armstrong.
- Fat Best Friend: Was this to Nonnie before her weight loss.
- Freudian Excuse: Years of bullying and severe self-esteem issues didn't do wonders for her mind, turning her into a revenge-driven borderline psycho who can only barely hide it on her best days. She also seems to suffer abandonment issues from an absent father and neglectful, alcoholic mother, explaining her sudden attachment to Bob Armstrong.
- It's All About Me: Most of the main plot revolves around her crush on Bob and her wanting revenge on those who have wronged her. Nonnie later states she was like this even before her weight loss.
- My God, What Have I Done?
Robert "Bob" Armstrong, Jr.
- Interrupted Suicide: Happens twice.
- Parental Substitute: After she gets over her initial crush on him, Patty comes to see Bob as this. It doesn't work out well for either of them.
- When You Coming Home, Dad?: Usually too busy focusing on pageants and his work that his relationship with Brick becomes strained.
- Parental Substitute: Suggested by Bob to be a mother figure for Patty during the mother-daughter pageant. Didn't start off right, but ended up becoming close and winning the pageant. However, Coralee ends up blowing her off. But after Patty outed Bob, they both made up and Coralee decides to help Patty lose ten pounds before regionals.
Robert "Bob" Barnard
- Only Sane Man: Clingy feelings for Patty aside, she's normally the one calling everyone out on their more absurd actions.
- Evil Is Petty: Blames Bob for Dixie's ineptitude and does everything in her power to make his life miserable.
- The Hypocrite: Accuses Bob Armstrong of assaulting Dixie, which isn't true, yet she had sex with his son.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Those accusations end in Regina getting thrown in jail for having sex with a minor, also getting caught trying to frame another person for sending out explicit photos of her daughter, and losing both her home and her job.
- Mrs. Robinson: Was this towards Brick, and got arrested. Then she attempted it again with Christian, which wasn't successful.
- Sore Loser: Despite her daughter's horrid performance in the pageant Q&A section, she blames Bob for Dixie's loss.
Pastor Mike Keene
Sheriff Hank Thompson
Deborah "Dee" Marshall
Etta Mae Barnard
Stella Rose Buckley
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: She got so badly broke with Bob Armstrong, when the latter chose to remain faithful to Coralee, to go to bed with Bob Barnard just to spite him, abandon her daughter Roxy (with Bob B.) in an orphanage because she still suffered for Bob A. and, at some point in her life, she even ended up in a psychiatric hospital. Once she has gone out and rejoined her grown daughter, they plans to destroy and annihilate the career (and even the marriage) of Bob A. in all possible ways and imaginable only to see him suffer as he has made her suffer. Also coming to kidnap Patty in the finale and plan to kill her just to tear her former lover apart.
- Disappeared Dad: Revealed to be Bob Barnard.
Robert Armstrong, Sr.