Character page for Battle Action Harem Highschool Side Character Quest.
Anna is the player character and a First Year Valkyrie Cadet. Born in a small village in Alaska, Anna was left as its sole defender after the rest of the area was evacuated. From the age of eight, Anna protected the village from Antagonist attacks amid growing animosity from those who viewed her as the reason for the attacks, and increased infighting between the townsfolk. Eventually she left, defeating the Type 0 Sekhmet and sealing the Saskatoon Breach. However when she returned, she found everyone dead.
Her Valkyrie Frame is named Durga.
- Ambiguously Human: Anna gives off the impression of being a robot- what with her stilted emotions and lack of understanding of social norms, not to mention her tendency to interact with technology without so much as moving a finger- to the point of being a popular theory in the fictional anime. The truth is much worse.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: What initially begins incorporating her into the Battle Harem is Koujirou's understanding and caring attitude towards her, even given her...difficulties.
- Benevolent A.I.: Durga appears to be self-aware, although it is hard to tell given that the thoughts of Durga and Anna appear to be one and the same. Probably a bit of both given how long they were connected directly.
- Berserk Button: Do not threaten, harm, attempt to harm or even suggest that humans are collateral damage in front of Anna. She will turn her guns on you faster than she can think.
- Broken Ace: Anna is a monster in combat but the rest of the time shes a psychological wreck hidden behind her No Social Skills.
- Child Soldier: Anna was defending her village from the age of eight. When she finds out the UN's attitude towards this trope, she questions why they would prevent capable fighters from fighting.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Anna is able to use Wave Force Manipulation, however it completely drains her Impeller Field and Higgs particle reserves and the last time she used it against Sekhmet, it vaporised half her arm.
- Defusing The Tykebomb: Much of the purpose of putting her into the academy was simply to give her a semblance of normalcy after she spent her entire life fighting.
- Doomed Hometown: Anna lost her village after defending it for eight years. The exact cause, however, is left ambiguous. It could be the Antagonists, the infighting, or even Anna herself.
- Even the Girls Want Her: The dating and matchmaking club ranked her as the twentieth most attractive female Valkyrie. This did not sit well.
- Lightning Bruiser: Shes fast and her reactions are faster; when she attacks, everyone around is going to feel it, and of the main cast she can take the most hits and keep standing. The trick is hitting her in the first place.
- Had to Be Sharp: Constant Antagonist attacks and no supply line meant that dropping her guard could be deadly, not only to herself, but to the villagers she was protecting.
- Healing Factor: She's noted to heal exponentially faster than the norm. A hit that would be considered a Career-Ending Injury for other Valkyries typically takes less than a week to fully recover from.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Anna effectively has internal hemorrhaging inside her brain and one of her eyes after running too much data through her brain. Her only reaction to the fact is being thankful that she didn't lose any neurons this time, and then healing herself.
- No Social Skills: Years of nonstop combat and self-imposed isolation mean that Anna has very little idea on how to deal with other people.
- Not So Above It All: Anna's emotionless demeanor may be near unflappable on the outside, but she still internally complains about knowing the exact composition of sewage she's moving around with her impeller, and repeatedly attempts to throw distractions into conversations when they either get awkward or too close to classified information. Bad distractions.
- Sacrificed Basic Skill for Awesome Training: As the animosity against her increased, Anna started patrolling further and further away from the village. Her combat skills increased but her social skills took a nosedive.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Anna is severally traumatised after the nonstop fighting, to the point where her first reaction to having a shower is to believe she was under attack.
- The Stoic: Anna is not very good at letting her emotions show.
- Survivor Guilt: Blames herself for what happened to her village, believing she failed to protect them. As a consequence, Anna believes that placing others in her care is putting them at risk.
- Taught by Experience: Everything Anna learned was learned defending her village. Anna has very little natural talent, its all experience.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Before everything went to hell, and she turned into a Shell-Shocked Veteran. It's telling that her alternate self, whose main difference was that her village mostly survived, despite still being a Child Soldier, would have been "The awkward shy girl" rather than "The Monster".
- Wetware Body: Just about all of Anna's internal bodily systems, excluding her brain, are turned off, and replaced subconsciously with various Impeller techiques.
- World's Best Warrior: Anna is ranked as the number one Valkyrie in the world.
The protagonist of the fictional anime, the quest pushes him out of the limelight. A First Year Valkyrie Cadet, He is one of only 100 males in a force of 20,000. A complete newbie to the Valkyries, he has to deal with learning everything from scratch. His Frame also appears to be a bit temperamental and seems to be withholding its integrated weapons and refusing to add more.
His Valkyrie Frame is named Kandakara.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Koujirou makes the Valkyrie Dress Uniform (of which there is only a female variant) work for him.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Turns off the safeties on his Frame and develops a new technique in order to tag Anna. Which doesn't actually succeed, but Anna gives him credit anyway.
- Decoy Protagonist: Koujirou is the main character of the fictional anime, but not the player character of the quest.
- Disguised in Drag: During the orientation assembly, Koujirou wears the female dress uniform as there are no male uniforms available. Anna initially mistakes him for a girl.
- Idiot Hero: According to character selection: Extra moron included!
- Overshadowed by Awesome: During the lessons, Anna has to step aside so she doesnt accidentally complete the task before Koujirou and Setsuna have a chance to.
- Plot Armor: This is literally one of his special abilities as the protagonist. It also stretches to encompass those close to him to a lesser degree.
The older sister of Koujirou. Yukari is a Third Year Valkyrie Cadet who had already reached the rank of Elite Enlisted by the end of her first year. Occasionally acts as a mentor toward Koujirou, Stesuna and Anna.
Her Valkyrie Frame is named Nue.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She was part of the Alaskan offensive, and it's implied that part, if not all, of her squad died in it.
- Dope Slap: Has bonked Koujirou over the head enough times for him to instinctively know it's her while blinded.
- The Hyena: Collapses into a laughing fit every so often.
The Ojou, one who follows Noblesse Oblige.
Sandra is a First Year Valkyrie Cadet and a good friend of Shuri. While she has no combat experience, she knows her way around a Valkyrie Frame. The daughter of a UN official, Sandra met Shuri when Mombasa Arcology was attacked. She and Shuri were also involved in a kidnapping incident a year before the start of the quest. The details of which are heavily classified.
Her Valkyrie Frame is named Albion.
- Anime Hair: Durga's sensors report that she has 14.8 liters of hair.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: A sweet girl, and blonde as befits The Ojou.
- Improbable Age: Undersecretary of Humanitarian Affairs at the UN High Commission for Refugees at the age of 16.
- The Leader: Takes this role after Koujirou, Setsuna and Anna join flight one.
- Mundane Utility: Evidentally has an entire couch in her Frame's storage.
- Ojou: Her explicit character archetype.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Shes perfectly competent with a Frame but cant hold a candle to the likes of Shuri and Anna.
- Rapunzel Hair: 14.8 litres of it, to be precise. It's long enough for her to sit on like a cushion.
- Supporting Leader: As Koujirou is The Hero and Anna is the player character, this was inevitable.
A well-known figure, Shuri is a First Year Valkyrie Cadet and already rank an Ace. She takes her piloting and training very seriously. Shuri served as a member of the Pakistani military, on the frontlines, for several years and has survived encounters with three Type 0s. She met Sandra when Mombasa Arcology was attacked and they were both involved in a kidnapping incident a year before the start of the quest. The details of which are heavily classified.
Her Valkyrie Frame is named Konark.
- Always Someone Better: Shuri has a combat rating of nearly 15,000 and is classed as an ace pilot. The closest other members of the current squadron aren't even at 10,000. And then here comes Anna and her estimated rating of over 30,000 to knock her off the top of the totem pole.
- Career-Ending Injury: Suffered severe injuries at some point that heavily degrade her current combat performance.
- Child Soldier: Shuri was originally trained as part of the Pakistani military.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Lost nearly her entire squadron during her time in the Pakistani military.
- Lightning Bruiser: Exceeds Anna in thruster speed, but falls behind in firepower, durability, teleportation capabilities and just about everything else. Of course, most of those categories are still well above everyone else.
- Mix-and-Match Weapon: Combines several of her other weapon systems with her Halberd to form "Excalibur".
Her Valkyrie Frame is named Kosenjoubi.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: During the lessons, Anna has to step aside so she doesnt accidentally complete the task before Setsuna and Koujirou have a chance to.